Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    the streamers thank you all got going elsewhere now we wont have a Que

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    I wonder how populated this server will be since so many people have already figured out their realms, it's a nice option though since Faelina is the streamer server, Thalnos is the home to the Brazilian community, and Herod is the largest server.
    How do u know thalnos is where the Brazilian community went?

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    How do u know thalnos is where the Brazilian community went?
    A number of BR guilds posted that's where they rolling.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to figure out if Mankrik is an unofficial community to a certain group or if it's as populated as it is simply because of the meme.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you add Stalagg, you've got to add Feugan.

How about a third PVE Eastern Time realm? Both Mankrik and Pagle are "High" population now.

Don't worry about picking a dead realm guys, they all will be dead in time.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Don't worry about picking a dead realm guys, they all will be dead in time.
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Weird flex on a post about the realms being so popular they had to make new ones.
    Because high population on a game that's not out yet means it will stay populated, every pre order game in existance says Hi, No man's sky says Hi.

Don't be a naive child. Early high numbers doesn't mean long term numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    I have to queue every day to play FFXIV. Admittedly it's only a queue of about 20-40 people and takes only a couple minutes, but still. It's nice in a way, shows the game is popular.
    These ignorant kids. ACTUALLY it means the MMO is dead which it is and everyone plays on the highest populated server so there's ques. Which is exactly what it is on that game.
    It would be like if wow died in 10 years, everyone on US would move to Illidan because it'd still be the highest populated server and then stupid posts "Illidan has que times so the game is still popular!!! durrr"
    I get que times logging into Blade and soul still and that game is dead as shit

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Because high population on a game that's not out yet means it will stay populated, every pre order game in existance says Hi, No man's sky says Hi.

Don't be a naive child. Early high numbers doesn't mean long term numbers.

- - - Updated - - -

These ignorant kids. ACTUALLY it means the MMO is dead which it is and everyone plays on the highest populated server so there's ques. Which is exactly what it is on that game.
    It would be like if wow died in 10 years, everyone on US would move to Illidan because it'd still be the highest populated server and then stupid posts "Illidan has que times so the game is still popular!!! durrr"
    I get que times logging into Blade and soul still and that game is dead as shit
    Lmao the salt on this guy trying to prove points to people who really dont give a crap about his classic hating.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Weird flex on a post about the realms being so popular they had to make new ones.
    This post only show they misscalculated the amount of pvp vs pve players that was coming, and the underestimated the amount of pvp players and had to set up another since they couldn't change already existing pve servers people made characters on. So we gonna have empty pve servers and full pvp servers, which makes sense, seeing how pvp is a large part of the endgame, not much else to do
    The fact that blizzard only put up 24, 25 servers total world wide, based on actual solid data from the stress tests and hype etc. with max capacity of what, 250 000 players total. Its safe to assume it has been over hyped a lot by a lot of the classic fanatics and not nearly as popular as people think, and what he said is infact not so far from the truth. Does it show the whole picture? no. But its rather good indications

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    just to create a character name had a bigger que than the TOTAL population that my realm (Skullcrusher) has had since the WOTLK days.

I honestly can't think of the last time i saw a wow retail server que
    The correct spelling of the word is 'queue'.

OT: Why is everyone always fighting about this? I hope Classic gets a healthy population on their servers, so people who like to play it, can enjoy it. I hope the same for BfA. There is no reason for one to die so the other can thrive, they can exist together and people can enjoy both or one of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    The correct spelling of the word is 'queue'.

OT: Why is everyone always fighting about this? I hope Classic gets a healthy population on their servers, so people who like to play it, can enjoy it. I hope the same for BfA. There is no reason for one to die so the other can thrive, they can exist together and people can enjoy both or one of them.
    Exacly what I think, Classic world of warcraft will get stronger and better thanks to current World of warcraft and current world of warcraft will become stronger then better thanks to classic...

Insted of hate... see them both as Warcraft legs that our legacy can stand on and grow stronger!

PS: people can say what they want... but Classic has such a drive... current World of warcraft has none of my real life friend play it.... but clasic has all of them comming back, over 8 people are comming back to classic... and none of them even care about current World of Warcraft... that has to be sign (If this happens to me.... it has to happen all around the world)
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

The only potential concern here is if Stalagg will drop off considerably in the expected ~2 month decline. In that case it might leave people who go there on a low/dead realm, while Herod becomes more manageable. Something to consider, since nobody wants to be on a low pop server.

Doesn't Herod have that What's his face streamer Asmongold. That's probably why it's filled to the brim with idiots. I'm saddened by Whitemane being so popular (I should have guessed though).

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Honestly, opening new realms for PvP is a sily idea.

If it follows the pattern that happened in Classic. BC and Wrath, said realms are exceptionally popular at launch, then die a horrific death 6-12 months later when all the try-hards get upset over being ganked, and realise they aren't the PvP God they thought they were, or reached the server status they assumed they would get.

Happened in every expansion, Classic will be no different, and you will end up with a few servers that are ghost toens.
    Yeah but it all depends on what drew the players to that server in the first place. Herod has Asmongold. If he leaves that server or plays something that isn't classic. That server is screwed. He is the entire reason that server has so many players.

If you have players who genuinely want to play classic just for the experience on a server without streamers then you have a larger chance they'll stay for the gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    So dead that the realms have que's 10k deep. Whens the last time you had a que for retail?
    When is the last time retail had 12 servers?
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    When is the last time retail had 12 servers?
    considering it basically only has 3 that are heavily populated.... it may as well.

One of the biggest requests FOR modern wow, actually, is a mega server or HUGE server crunch because we have 90% dead realms, and a handful where everyone is transferring to. When everyone starts piling up on a few realms; it's a sign of a games decline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDest View Post
    Yeah but it all depends on what drew the players to that server in the first place. Herod has Asmongold. If he leaves that server or plays something that isn't classic. That server is screwed. He is the entire reason that server has so many players.

If you have players who genuinely want to play classic just for the experience on a server without streamers then you have a larger chance they'll stay for the gameplay.
    Asmongold has a character on all 3 servers, but his main is on faerlina

10+ Year Old Account
    considering it basically only has 3 that are heavily populated.... it may as well.

One of the biggest requests FOR modern wow, actually, is a mega server or HUGE server crunch because we have 90% dead realms, and a handful where everyone is transferring to. When everyone starts piling up on a few realms; it's a sign of a games decline.
    Nothing you said there counters the point i made. If retail suddenly condensed all the servers to 12, there would be assuredly be queues on all of them. No question asked, but instead retail is spread across 226 US realms. When you are funneling all the players to 226 realms vs all the players to 12, it makes sense there are not queues.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Nothing you said there counters the point i made. If retail suddenly condensed all the servers to 12, there would be assuredly be queues on all of them. No question asked, but instead retail is spread across 226 US realms. When you are funneling all the players to 226 realms vs all the players to 12, it makes sense there are not queues.
    Fair enough, but for the record retail would be a LOT better condensed down to 12-25 realms.

they have about 220 dead realms, and a handful that are growing in population because people are migrating from the dying realms in droves.

An ESO style megaserver is 10 years overdue for retail wow