10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There definitely isn't a default path. BL, GD and one of the BE paths basically have the exact same amount of content.

It's just 1) The "main" BE path doesn't do enough to differentiate itself from the GD path and 2) The alternate BE path is much shorter and was probably thrown in in the latter half of development after not being happy with the main path.
    I know there isn't technically a default path, but the BL campaign was so superior to the BE one that I feel more love was put into it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I know there isn't technically a default path, but the BL campaign was so superior to the BE one that I feel more love was put into it.
    I mean not really, it just sounds like you played the alternate BE path which most people think was an afterthought that doesn't mesh well with the game. The BL path does not have more content then the GD or main BE path which is all I'm saying. The alternate BE path has 4 less chapters then every other path in the game so yea it ends up feeling inferior to any of the other 3 paths regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean not really, it just sounds like you played the alternate BE path which most people think was an afterthought that doesn't mesh well with the game. The BL path does not have more content then the GD or main BE path which is all I'm saying. The alternate BE path has 4 less chapters then every other path in the game so yea it ends up feeling inferior to any of the other 3 paths regardless.
    Or I just vastly preferred the BL story and wasn't ever on board with Edgelord's edgelordy ways. The BE story to me felt like I was following a mustache-twirling villain made up to be a good guy, whereas the BL story was a great redemption arc for a character that you didn't even start off knowing needed to be redeemed.

And I'm pretty sure I did the main BE story since I supported her the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Or I just vastly preferred the BL story and wasn't ever on board with Edgelord's edgelordy ways. The BE story to me felt like I was following a mustache-twirling villain made up to be a good guy, whereas the BL story was a great redemption arc for a character that you didn't even start off knowing needed to be redeemed.

And I'm pretty sure I did the main BE story since I supported her the whole time.
    That's not the main path lmao. You literally have to see an optional scene and then choose to side with her even when the game is basically telling you not to so if that didn't flag to you that it was an alternate path idk my dude. It has less chapters then every other path in the game and only has 1 unique animated scene where as the BL/GD both have 3 and main BE path has 2.

Also since we're getting into personal opinions on house leaders, Dimitri is by far the worse and in general a whiney bitch. Claude is the only one of them that remains bearable for most of the game.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-08-13 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not the main path lmao. You literally have to see an optional scene and then choose to side with her even when the game is basically telling you not to so if that didn't flag to you that it was an alternate path idk my dude. It has less chapters then every other path in the game and only has 1 unique animated scene where as the BL/GD both have 3 and main BE path has 2.

Also since we're getting into personal opinions on house leaders, Dimitri is by far the worse and in general a whiney bitch. Claude is the only one of them that remains bearable for most of the game.
    Huh, I just assumed that the game wanted to two stories to not converge so I continued with her. Anyways, you're right that's probably why I thought her campaign was bad in comparison.

I agree Claude is the most bearable, but he's also just a scheming pussy so he's completely uninteresting to me as a character. Dimitri may be whiny right in the middle of his arc but his story is still the best one IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a new screen, it's the same LCD lottery as before, some will be warmer or cooler etc. The increased battery life simply comes from the reduced power draw of the APU.
    Referring to Sharp supplying Nintendo with IGZO panels. Don't know if it'll be in the newer model but basically IGZO TFT is more power efficient due to being less leaky, thinner, more transparent and capable to retain the LCD cell's state better between refreshes. So the end result is less power consumption compared to the traditional amorphous silicon TFT.

10+ Year Old Account
    It has 18 chapters sure, but all of the 6 chapters in part 2 are unique. The other 3 paths share the 4 chapters that BE is missing. So, the route doesn't actually have less exclusive content, it just is a vastly different story and that's why it has less chapters than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    It has 18 chapters sure, but all of the 6 chapters in part 2 are unique. The other 3 paths share the 4 chapters that BE is missing. So, the route doesn't actually have less exclusive content, it just is a vastly different story and that's why it has less chapters than the others.
    You seem to be confusing chapter names for how the story plays out. The only paths even remotely similar are BE main route and GD and even then, how they get there is very different. Also chapter names literally mean nothing, there are some that share the same name that have completely different maps even lmao.

The BE alternate route isn't fleshed out at all and relegates a vital plot point to being explained in the epilogue text lol. None of the other routes have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And based on spawnwaves teardown the IGZO lcd isn’t in the newer model. The only difference is the processor.
    The Sharp OGZO screen is not included in the revised Switch, BUT there is a slightly different screen. It isn't a potluck thing as Tech suggests (wait, he's wrong about something? Say it isn't so....;-p ). There have also been people doing color, light, and other tests and the revised switch's screen is brighter and has warmer colors, which has been attributed to possibly a new panel assembly or a better backlight or something. In one of the tests it showed the revised version would also be better played in bright light, such as outdoors. Spawn wave himself also states the screen is brighter and better, and when he pulled the screen itself out mentioned its a newer model Innolux screen... So there IS an actual different screen.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    The Sharp OGZO screen is not included in the revised Switch, BUT there is a slightly different screen. It isn't a potluck thing as Tech suggests (wait, he's wrong about something? Say it isn't so....;-p ). There have also been people doing color, light, and other tests and the revised switch's screen is brighter and has warmer colors, which has been attributed to possibly a new panel assembly or a better backlight or something. In one of the tests it showed the revised version would also be better played in bright light, such as outdoors. Spawn wave himself also states the screen is brighter and better, and when he pulled the screen itself out mentioned its a newer model Innolux screen... So there IS an actual different screen.
    Again, wrong literally look at any threads about the Switch screen. The old Switch was a screen lottery, and so is the new one. The N3DS had an LCD lottery as well. Even remotely trying to claim every LCD in a nintendo product is the same is hilarious. At least they are actually all IPS now, unlike with the N3DS where you could get one that was TN lmao.

People have literally bought new Switches that have an inferior screen to their old one. Nintendo uses what it gets, they don't give a shit about keeping quality same across the board when it comes to screens and never have. People seeing a better screen on their new Switches are because they had an old one that had a shitty one, not because they're putting some new and improved one in there.

Even if there is an actual difference in the screen models it means nothing, you are always rolling the dice when buying a Nintendo product when it comes to the screen, and people complaining their new ones has worse colors then their old one all over reddit is another glaring example of this.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-08-14 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is false. For a long time the screens were all the same across nintendo’s handhelds of a particular model.
    LOL, no. I got the Monster Hunter New 3DSXL when it came out and my cousin got the regular color a few months later. I got a very sharp IPS panel on mine and his was a washed out TN panel.

I'll be using that 3DS until its guts rot out. Already replaced the battery once.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Wow. That totally indicates they NEVER used the same screens for a system. /s

You might want to check the 25 years before the 3ds was a thing for referece.
    I didn't realize we where talking ancient history my dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. That totally indicates they NEVER used the same screens for a system. /s

You might want to check the 25 years before the 3ds was a thing for referece.
    Could have sworn we were talking about the 3DS and Switch systems here. Why are you dredging up shit that doesn't matter with this discussion?

Again, wrong literally look at any threads about the Switch screen. The old Switch was a screen lottery, and so is the new one. The N3DS had an LCD lottery as well. Even remotely trying to claim every LCD in a nintendo product is the same is hilarious. At least they are actually all IPS now, unlike with the N3DS where you could get one that was TN lmao.

People have literally bought new Switches that have an inferior screen to their old one. Nintendo uses what it gets, they don't give a shit about keeping quality same across the board when it comes to screens and never have. People seeing a better screen on their new Switches are because they had an old one that had a shitty one, not because they're putting some new and improved one in there.

Even if there is an actual difference in the screen models it means nothing, you are always rolling the dice when buying a Nintendo product when it comes to the screen, and people complaining their new ones has worse colors then their old one all over reddit is another glaring example of this.
    Of course there can always be a level of quality difference between screens (or anything electronic for that matter) but in general a company will use the same model # of a part from a specific company until there's an agreement made to change the part between the supplier and the manufacturer. If Apple starts using Samsung panels for a specific model iphone they will always use the same part # until either samsung says they have an improved/updated model to offer and/or Apple requests one. They don't make the first ten phones with screen A01 then the next five with screen B02 then back to A01 for the next twenty and so on and so forth. If they did that there would be a major problem in quality control just internally, much less to meet the specs and FCC patent requirements. But sure every fifth screen A01 might be a little off or something, not every single part is going to be built perfectly and match every single time.

There have been several breakdowns of the original switch showing one particular screen model. Now with spawn wave's breakdown of his, a newer model # was found and it wouldn't surprise me if other people find the same, which suggests there's a different screen in there. Not to mention that every person I've seen comparing the revised Switch have all mentioned the screen looks better, not even including the actual tests that have been done to show there is quite a difference. Hopefully DF will do a review of it and people will take a little notice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    LOL, no. I got the Monster Hunter New 3DSXL when it came out and my cousin got the regular color a few months later. I got a very sharp IPS panel on mine and his was a washed out TN panel.

I'll be using that 3DS until its guts rot out. Already replaced the battery once.

You aren't disproving what Vegas said. You are talking about two different models. He suggested the same screen for the SAME model.

You aren't disproving what Vegas said. You are talking about two different models. He suggested the same screen for the SAME model.
    Except he is talking about the same model. Having a different paint job doesn't make it a different model lmao. N3DSXL was the model, it's not like he was talking about a N3DS, 3DSXL, 2DS etc...

Imagine thinking a LE console is a different model because it has a different paint job on the outside, with that I think we're done with this convo lol.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-08-14 at 05:30 PM.

Except he is talking about the same model. Having a different paint job doesn't make it a different model lmao. N3DSXL was the model, it's not like he was talking about a N3DS, 3DSXL, 2DS etc...

Imagine thinking a LE console is a different model because it has a different paint job on the outside, with that I think we're done with this convo lol.
    Imagine that, you only reply to the one item you think I'm wrong on but no reply to my correction of YOUR false statements. You keep saying you're done replying to me but yet you keep replying. I know it kills you to not want to tell someone they are wrong.

But you're wrong yet again. there were newer versions of the 3DS XL that came out after the first launch that had the IPS screens, much like this revised version of the Switch has a different model # screen inside. The older 3DS XL version had a TN screen but they later revised the model with a new IPS screen. Sounds like Vegas' friend got the older version. So, ok, sure, the "model" was the same (poor choice of word on my part I guess) but it got a "revised" edition later too, just like this newer revised Switch...

Need some proof professor: https://www.geek.com/games/new-3ds-x...s-not-1617933/ That's just one report on the update that happened...

10+ Year Old Account
    That article you linked proved you wrong btw. You keep mixing different generations of the XL model while I've just been talking about the New 3DS XL that was released in early 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Usagi Senshi View Post
    That article you linked proved you wrong btw. You keep mixing different generations of the XL model while I've just been talking about the New 3DS XL that was released in early 2015.
    Uh, yes. Did you not see the date on that article? it was reported for the 2015 releases. The 3DS XL first released in 2012 and had the TN screens up to and throughout 2015. In 2015 the ones with the IPS screen were starting to come out, as talked about in the article. Though it wouldn't surprise me if there were quality gaps/snafus as you suggest, it was 2015 when the IPS screens started being installed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, yes. Did you not see the date on that article? it was reported for the 2015 releases. The 3DS XL first released in 2012 and had the TN screens up to and throughout 2015. In 2015 the ones with the IPS screen were starting to come out, as talked about in the article. Though it wouldn't surprise me if there were quality gaps/snafus as you suggest, it was 2015 when the IPS screens started being installed.
    Yes because the New 3DS XL was a souped up version of the the 2012 model and basically a new machine altogether. We were never talking about the 2012 model here as that is irrelevant to this discussion btw. Starting with the 2015 New 3DS XL, Nintendo was using two different screens for that same model and my cousin and I got vastly differing screens for the same model. I lucked out and got the IPS screen. and him the TN screen.

Nintendo used two entirely different screens for the same 2015 model of the XL (which is a basically a whole different machine than the original XL mind you) and that is all I was discussing.

For some reason you've been on a time-traveling crusade trying to prove people wrong about stuff we weren't discussing to begin with.

Why?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Damn, leave it to a bunch of virgins to ruin the Nintendo thread with pointless arguing. :|