Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    There is only one of each, but the face they wear (or another way to look at it their personality) can be forcefully changed. It's how Death changed to Billie, where he dies and then the next underling to die takes their place. It probably was just to give Julian Richings an opportunity to stop playing Death back then, but it'll probably be the way they stop Chuck without ending all of reality. Most think Jack is the one to take his spot.

As for the Horseman, I actually think that's just a plot inconsistency. The other three really have no business being lumped in with Death. Maybe during S5 it made sense, but starting from S6 and beyond Death started to look more and more like God's equal. It was also when Kripke left the show (S5).
    Death said in season 5 that he would reap God and said then that he was old, almost as old as God so it started there

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Death said in season 5 that he would reap God and said then that he was old, almost as old as God so it started there
    Being as old as God doesn't make him as powerful, and reaping doesn't mean killing. It just means collecting the remains after death. It's not as grand as it sounds. It's a point of contention though, but I think it wasn't as solid back then. Just Death rambling. Later on it became solid. I think Death was just not referred to as a Horseman from S6 onward.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Being as old as God doesn't make him as powerful, and reaping doesn't mean killing. It just means collecting the remains after death. It's not as grand as it sounds. It's a point of contention though, but I think it wasn't as solid back then. Just Death rambling. Later on it became solid. I think Death was just not referred to as a Horseman from S6 onward.
    possibly. either way, next season is going to be 100% fan service and should be an absolute doozy

possibly. either way, next season is going to be 100% fan service and should be an absolute doozy
    If so then I hope they bring Bobby, Crowley, and Charlie back again. I'm a season or two behind now though so not sure where the story is at this point.

Btw where do you watch old episodes of Supernatural (current and last season)? Netflix wasn't up to date and I only see a few episodes on CW's website.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    If so then I hope they bring Bobby, Crowley, and Charlie back again. I'm a season or two behind now though so not sure where the story is at this point.

Btw where do you watch old episodes of Supernatural (current and last season)? Netflix wasn't up to date and I only see a few episodes on CW's website.
    I "obtain" them

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    so I've been re-watching the last few seasons to get myself hyped for the final season. and some episodes in the last season or two got me thinking about the parallel universes. Obviously they are ones almost identical to the one the show is set in but with a few changes here and there. but they were all abandoned by God after he was done with them. and, as we know, God/Chuck is a writer. so what if this universe, which he has said is his favourite, is his favourite because it is his best work. I am thinking that the Entity from The Empty, that universe's incarnation of Death and even Amara herself are all creations of God specifically for that universe.

maybe he was playing with the petri dish when he created Amara, who corrupted Lucifer, who corrupted mankind. Could explain why, in the end, she didn't kill him. Yeah she is his older sister, but is she? or does she just think that she is? same with Death and the Entity. my theory is backed up by two things:

1. in the AU there was no mention of the mark or of Cain. you think after the planet was roasted he would've come out to play but he didn't. We know he cannot be killed due to the mark but what if there was no mark of Cain in that universe? because there was no Amara.

2. if the Entity is universe specific it would also lead to reason that it was created by God as someone to watch over the deceased demons and angels; the Empty is just another construct like Purgatory. if it did actually pre-date God then it would house every single angel and demon from every single universe which would be a goddamn terrifying army if they were all suddenly woken up

Mark of Cain story line was wasted just like they wasted "Demon" Dean.

Hyped it up as a full balls to the walls season and bascially Dean just went on a pub crawl and was a jerk to ladies. WOwOwOWowW

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Mark of Cain story line was wasted just like they wasted "Demon" Dean.

Hyped it up as a full balls to the walls season and bascially Dean just went on a pub crawl and was a jerk to ladies. WOwOwOWowW
    what are you talking about? the Mark of Cain storyline set up season 11.

what are you talking about? the Mark of Cain storyline set up season 11.
    I think they mean they had potential with Demon Dean, but they threw it away. He basically acted just like himself, but more jerk. I expected more from it too.
    Last edited by Grimscythe; 2019-08-12 at 09:19 AM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimscythe View Post
    I think they mean they had potential with Demon Dean, but they threw it away. He basically acted just like himself, but more jerk. I expected more from it too.
    i mean that is kinda what demons are. they are evil, twisted versions of the souls that have been sent to Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t think fans really wanted an demon Dean. I think majority like the brothers working together because that’s what makes the show great. I mean, look at this last season when Dean was taken over by the “evil” angel. It absolutely sucked. Even before, like when Sam got taken over by Lucifer (briefly) and then lost his soul, they were still together and hunting. Those are some of the best seasons.
    i think it worked great as a season finale WTF moment. I am quite excited to see what they do this season. not many shows get to end it on their terms, so should be a wild ride

i mean that is kinda what demons are. they are evil, twisted versions of the souls that have been sent to Hell.
    Yeah so of course that means you go as far as being a douche in a bar.

Like come on. Jensen ackles is a great actor. They could have done anything with it other than a dude whos had a couple too many beers and is being a bit of a sleaze.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yeah so of course that means you go as far as being a douche in a bar.

Like come on. Jensen ackles is a great actor. They could have done anything with it other than a dude whos had a couple too many beers and is being a bit of a sleaze.
    well he did kill fairly indiscriminately. killed the fella who sold his soul, killed several demons, almost killed Sam, Cole and that douchebag from the bar. I think given that he was going to become human by the 2nd/3rd episode (can't remember which) they couldn't have him do too much anyway

well he did kill fairly indiscriminately. killed the fella who sold his soul, killed several demons, almost killed Sam, Cole and that douchebag from the bar. I think given that he was going to become human by the 2nd/3rd episode (can't remember which) they couldn't have him do too much anyway
    Everyone he killed was a bad guy, so basically another episode of supernatural.

Remember leviathan dean? It was one of the few enjoyable moments of those god awful seasons.

could have had more of that goodness with demon dean

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Maybe this Chuck is the Chuck from the alternative universe. Would explain the sudden change in character.

Think about it: We know God created the Archangels to beat the Darkness. If we assume there is only one God (Chuck) that should mean there is only one Darkness, as she is considered his counterpart.

Which then begs the question: Why did God create Archangels in other universes? Or did he?

What if the reason Death, the Empty & Jack are having their little chat because the true God is dead, killed by alternate Chuck who's now messing things up big time?
    There's only one god, all the alternate realitys are his failed experiments, that was the premis of alt Michael's hatred of god.

I wouldn’t call him a “great” actor. He plays Dean well... but outside of that? Yeah. No. Even his performance as Michael was pretty cringy.
    I think this might be another case of an actor only doing well in role(s) that are really just an extension of the actor's personality. Is it really acting when you're just playing yourself on camera? He did play Dean well though, agreed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    There's only one god, all the alternate realitys are his failed experiments, that was the premis of alt Michael's hatred of god.
    i have an additional theory, probably incorrect, that Amara was another creation of God as part of his experiments. He needed something to spice things up, so he created Amara, made her think that she was his big sister and then imprisoned her with the help of his Archangels. why? because he was doing different scenarios for Lucifer to become corrupted - and Amara's mark was what corrupted Lucifer in our universe. he is a writer after all....

I wouldn’t call him a “great” actor. He plays Dean well... but outside of that? Yeah. No. Even his performance as Michael was pretty cringy.
    Hes a great voice actor.

Batman under the red hood was one of the better DC animated films in awhile.

He played the red hood.

And hes been having a steady income with supernatural for 13 years so we havent seen him in much outside of supernatural to judge.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I think this might be another case of an actor only doing well in role(s) that are really just an extension of the actor's personality. Is it really acting when you're just playing yourself on camera? He did play Dean well though, agreed.
    I think so too. I always got the impression that Dean is really just how the guy behaves in real life too.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    I think so too. I always got the impression that Dean is really just how the guy behaves in real life too.
    that is so ridiculous.

The actor looks like a model yet has had the same wife for years and even gave her brothers a job running his bar.

The dude is nothing like his character and is pretty straight/boring and is a family man and is more likely to go into more directing than acting after the supernatural gig. A lot of recent episodes/seasons have been directed by Jensen

Jared and misha are goofballs however (sam/castiel)
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-08-14 at 07:58 AM.

He’s a family guy in the show, he just doesn’t have a wife and child. Though, he did play the dad and husband role for awhile while Sam was gone. Dean wanted that life after experiencing it but knew he could never really have it.

And based on interviews I’ve seen him in, he indeed comes off very much like Dean.

Also, not sure why you mentioned him looking like a model and having the same wife for so many years, like he’s a cheating pig on the show or something; he’s not.
    disagree. He abandons said family at the drop of the hat for sam/hunting.

And earlier seasons of Dean he is a total slut going from bar to bar picking up hotties, back when supernatural hired hot actresses.

They toned it down in later seasons because of all the shit they had gone through and were basically suffering from PTSD so hitting the bars didnt quite feel right with the more mature characters.

His family is Sam/Castiel/his parents and would die for them over and over (literally) like the good solider he is. But hes not a romantic family type
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2019-08-15 at 06:21 AM.