View Poll Results: Which Class is Preferred?

Voters
502. This poll is closed
  • Dragonsworn

58 11.55%
  • Necromancer

115 22.91%
  • Tinker

173 34.46%
  • Ranger

33 6.57%
  • Bard

82 16.33%
  • Other (In case I missed one)

41 8.17%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If you don’t want a class next expansion, why participate in a discussion about future classes?

Is it just to complain?
    Its not a discussion about future classes, its a discussion about what you would want for next expansion so a "I don't want a new class" is a viable option.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    I'm sorry you require instant gratification. I prefer Immersion and learn a new specialization through a questline would be fun to me.
    Gratification? A spec is not a reward. It's a simple start of game choice. Go get immersed in a RPG with a good story instead of trying to find immersion in an arcade game like WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Its not a discussion about future classes, its a discussion about what you would want for next expansion so a "I don't want a new class" is a viable option.
    Except the title of the thread is literally "preferred New Class".

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    No it is not, this thread is about: "If we get new class, what is your preferred choice"

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Actually more complicated, since you can heal two targets and double the healing making it easier for them to survive.

Imagine AoE's, Beacon of Light or rolling HoTs on both targets.
    Given the lower armor class they'd be in, I'm sure it would work out numbers-wise. Probably even give them a good differentiator vs other tanks.

Have a higher health pool so they don't get oneshot, take lots of damage, but also takes double healing.

Another fun (but not realistic) option would be the "we brought a zoo" approach where the tank pet is expected to die all the time as a form of mitigation, but the hunter has some way of throwing more beasts at the boss.

Obviously threat would be an issue as well as keeping the boss position stable. Hell, any pet AI related tanking is a non-starter for most raid bosses with all the required movement these days.

Maybe that would kind of work then. The hunter actually tanks but "mitigation" is your pet taunting off and dying. Add some mechanic where the pet is glued to the hunter for positioning.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Given the lower armor class they'd be in, I'm sure it would work out numbers-wise. Probably even give them a good differentiator vs other tanks.

Have a higher health pool so they don't get oneshot, take lots of damage, but also takes double healing.

Another fun (but not realistic) option would be the "we brought a zoo" approach where the tank pet is expected to die all the time as a form of mitigation, but the hunter has some way of throwing more beasts at the boss.

Obviously threat would be an issue as well as keeping the boss position stable. Hell, any pet AI related tanking is a non-starter for most raid bosses with all the required movement these days.

Maybe that would kind of work then. The hunter actually tanks but "mitigation" is your pet taunting off and dying. Add some mechanic where the pet is glued to the hunter for positioning.
    I like the concept. It's actually very fresh to see a different approach to tanking, especially the 'zoo' idea of bombarding the enemy with different targets to bounce between. It's a mechanic that isn't very present in the 'Beastmaster' role that the Hunters have. I think it would work very well in a dungeon type setting.

However, I still don't see it working in a raid setting where the mechanics of the tank are very specific. There has to be a clear death mechanic involved to the Hunter or its Pets, otherwise there is no risk to tanking. This would make them automatically better than most tanks due to being able to 'tank and remove' raid debuff mechanics simply by sacrificing a pet or switching targets. You know those mechanics where the boss builds up 15 stacks and you gotta switch or risk getting blown up? Not a problem for Hunters, so it seems. Same thing with any mechanics involving positioning and stacking, such as a boss dealing shared cleave damage or placing a debuff on a tank that forces them to stand away from other tanks. If you have a bunch of pets, commanded to attack the boss and they stack, then you're kinda breaking the mechanics or the mechanics break the class. Worse yet would be if this system overcomplicates and confuses players - How does your healer know when you swap Main Tank pet? How does your healer know which to heal and which to leave to be sacrificed? How does the Hunter split his pets to avoid position damage? What if the Hunter accidentally stands in fire while focused on tanking? There's a lot of mechanics that also affect Ranged only that Melee range don't worry about. Things like Kel'thuzad showering ranged with Frostbolt Volley and randomly Chains-of-Icing them, that could wreck the 'Shared damage' mechanic of Hunter Tanks.

If this concept was added not as a spec but a fancy 'glyph' like how Warlocks had limited tanking back in Cata with Dark Apotheosis, I might see that working. Something for dungeons would be great, since there's always a lack of tanks for dungeons and even a Hunter filling in that role would be a godsend. But I think that if we're talking about any progression systems, it's simply too difficult to balance out multi-pet tanking or even single-pet tanking. The tanking meta is bad enough when it comes to an actual tank class that underperforms and people not wanting 'that underperforming tank' in their dungeon queue. I think that the Hunter concept sits in a gray area of being either too effective, too ineffective, or altogether too complicated; much like how players didn't really grasp how to heal for Dark Apotheosis as a main tank in a dungeon (unless you specifically ran with someone who used it all the time).

With the game being as homogenized as it is and even Guardian Druids losing much of their unique tanking niche in favour of a rotation-based 'press defensive cooldowns that consume resource' like every other tank class, I think it's telling of how tanking is meant to be played and how they plan to design tanks in the future.

Honestly I'm all for broader concepts. I think the game needs that kind of variety. But I do think that this idea is more Dungeon-viable more than a Raid-viable.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2019-08-14 at 04:51 PM.

Strange how Tinkers are steamrolling this poll but losing the other one.

I don’t think players even know what they want tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMon View Post

They're very similar. You just have to parse the numbers differently.

Tinkers are steamrolling the poll but still only amount to 38% of all votes. Tinkers in the other thread are about 45% wanted. So in both examples, Slightly less than half the people who vote want to see a Tinker. In the case of people who vote against Tinkers, they want no new classes or want some other class instead. And I would attribute part of the interim 7% to people like me who want all classes, and will vote Tinker if there are no other options, but would likely vote something else if given those options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooMon View Post

When you consider that most players want a class that's actually different than the current class lineup (instead of a rehash of an existing class) the Tinker dominating the poll isn't too strange at all.

When did gnomes become popular...at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    When did gnomes become popular...at all?
    Its not the Gnomes, it's the ability to fight inside a mecha;

This thread shows, that the majority wants anything else than tinkers.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    If only you were playing said game, you would known already that Red dragons ..... theme is healing .
    Alexstrasza the Life-Binder, Aspect of the red dragonflight, is the guardian of all life in the world of Azeroth.
    To be fair, in defence of his statement, Green is nature and heals and whilst it is true that the Red Dragonflight is about life and healing, they have a lot of connotations with fire which is a majorly destructive force.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No it is not, this thread is about: "If we get new class, what is your preferred choice"
    Actually, it's literally about what new Class you'd prefer based on your own personal opinion, style and understanding. For example, I don't like the idea of a Tinker, despite the fact that I think it's a perfectly viable Class choice, I would like a Dragonsworn Class. I don't want to offend you but it is exactly as Teriz says; It's about your Preferred New Class, no matter what drives you to your opinion.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

I'd like them to sort out classes are already in the game tbh. Adding another set of hollow fancy abilities on a stick (or legs) just won't do it for me...

7+ Year Old Account
    More then Compleetly sure that the Next class will be a ranged one... and with all this Death around... New skeleton models and stuff like that...

NERCROMACERS WILL COME... and DEATH WILL JUST BE THE BEGGING!!!

Mod Edit: Don't use giant fonts in this way.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-08-16 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Removed Giant Fonts
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Skinner View Post
    This thread shows, that the majority wants anything else than tinkers.
    Doesn't that also mean that people want Tinkers far more than any other class?

Except it’s not a viable opinion.
    Well that's your opinion m8. You don't agree and that's fine. Still is a valid opinion.

it’s generally proven that new class expansions are the superior expansions (yet youll probably complain about those as well).
    Well and where exactly did i state otherwise? Still does not change what i would prefer. Don't really see were you get this from also still not complaining. I merely state my preference on the matter.

Also just saying you don’t want a new class in a thread about new classes is a waste of a post.
    It may seem like a waste to you. If you think so fine but i don't. And as long as there is no one forbidding me to state my opinion on the matter i will do so.

It’s like going into a thread about what flowers someone should buy and saying you don’t like flowers. That’s not a viable opinion.
    Not really the same. I didn't say i don't like classes. Would be a strange thing since i wouldn't play the game if that were the case hence i would probably not post on this forum. I merely stated i would prefer that there would be no new class in the next expansion.

At least use an analogy that works.

Look i don't have any problems with you. Why is this such a problem for you? If you are so sure there will be a new class next expansion then one post on mmoc will not really change that will it?

So i'm pretty sure you have nothing to be afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythabay View Post
    Actually, it's literally about what new Class you'd prefer based on your own personal opinion, style and understanding. For example, I don't like the idea of a Tinker, despite the fact that I think it's a perfectly viable Class choice, I would like a Dragonsworn Class. I don't want to offend you but it is exactly as Teriz says; It's about your Preferred New Class, no matter what drives you to your opinion.
    Did you just agree with me trying to counter-argument? I mean did you read what I said and did you understand it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrel8490 View Post
    Look i don't have any problems with you. Why is this such a problem for you? If you are so sure there will be a new class next expansion then one post on mmoc will not really change that will it?

So i'm pretty sure you have nothing to be afraid of.
    Hey buddy, if you want to waste your time yelling at clouds, that's your business.

Doesn't that also mean that people want Tinkers far more than any other class?
    Obviously not. There are way more players wanting other classes.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.