Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Empte View Post
    That account was at 2400. My other account is at 3100. So, yeah, I am better than them. By far. I don't know why you insist that people who have same SR have same skill level, they clearly don't.

Those are the kind of teammates I get. The guy responding is the enemy genji, I was dominating them as widowmaker, they had no chance but people on my team is just flaming me "for being bad", completely unaware what's going on. Got 40 points for the win. Another game I got 48 points for the win with soldier. Clearly I should be at that rating, yeah?

People constantly whine I'm smurfing when I'm playing that account, do you think that's because I'm on the same skill level as them? No. I've had people call me out when they've been smurfing "You guys have the better the smurf", "this mccree never misses" "wtf, 55% accuracy mccree? why are you here?" and they've been mid-diamond/master smurfs.

With that accuracy, do you think I should be faced off against gold people who can't even hit me if I'm just jumping around? Roadhogs who can't even kill with hook combo? Reinhardts who doesn't understand that I can flashbang above their shield?

At least role queue fixed a big part of the problem why I didn't go up in rating on that account, 4-5 dps picks so I've been rising in rating now.
    If you're getting near 50 SR for a win then it's obvious the matchmaker knows your MMR is higher. Sounds like either intentional throwing or lack of games played to get to 2200 in the first place.

So why were you complaining in the first place if climbing is so easy?

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    If you're getting near 50 SR for a win then it's obvious the matchmaker knows your MMR is higher. Sounds like either intentional throwing or lack of games played to get to 2200 in the first place.

So why were you complaining in the first place if climbing is so easy?
    I already told you I had 364 games played on that account in the other thread last season. That's a lot of games. A lot of those games were 4-5 dps pickers and now that it's solved, my rating is rising. The account is at 2700 now and I'm likely going to hit diamond in a few days of playing. Your tirade of "people on same SR are as bad as you" is just bullshit considering this. I have 85% win rate this season so far, previous season was close to 50% overall.
    Last edited by Empte; 2019-08-15 at 01:19 PM.

I already told you I had 364 games played on that account in the other thread last season. That's a lot of games. A lot of those games were 4-5 dps pickers and now that it's solved, my rating is rising. The account is at 2700 now and I'm likely going to hit diamond in a few days of playing. Your tirade of "people on same SR are as bad as you" is just bullshit considering this. I have 85% win rate this season so far, previous season was close to 50% overall.
    So intentional throwing to drop the SR then, thanks for clearing that up.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    So intentional throwing to drop the SR then, thanks for clearing that up.
    Picking the char you want to play isn't throwing. The system was very flawed, it still is flawed just not as flawed.

Lately my games have had 4 DPS on my team while the other team rolls 3 tanks 2 healers and a flex.

I feel it can cause a better feel with a 2-2-2 lock in these cases... however, unless they are willing to balance the tanks and healers throughput against one another then it's just going to give rise to a new meta. Some characters will be deemed garbage and never get used. Overall I'm not sure it's great for the life of the game.... though something needed to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

2-2-2 has been amazing. Previously I was floating around 2700-3100 due to teams just "playing what they want" and never building a proper comp.
    I play tank so 2-2-2 for me feels outstanding.

Immediately after role queue launched my SR jumped to 3550 on avg now and the climb to 4000 is in the works.

Role queue is awesome.

Picking the char you want to play isn't throwing. The system was very flawed, it still is flawed just not as flawed.
    But if you're playing a hero you're less good at, your SR will drop. That's not a flaw of the matchmaker, that's an L2P issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    It can certainly turn into effectively throwing very, very quickly.

That's not the problem of the system, it's literally how the game is designed. You're meant to switch and adapt.

Great change, IMO. Been paying a bit of attention to the game recently. Really glad it'll limit the toxicity of some players. Obviously it won't get rid of everything but it should definitely help.

Inconsistency is a big part of who doesn't climb.

You might kill an entire team that is low with a dynamite but you also have like 50% WR in gold on your best hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    I have been asking for role que since the game was released.

These really bad instapick dps players will be nowhere close to my rank as they get carried in every game they play. Same with the plebs who instapicks McCree and ruins the game by having 20-40% accuracy missing half their shots.

I guess que times for DPS will be quite bad but that's only good for the game, forces people to try other roles.

It's not optimal, role que, but it's needed.

- - - Updated - - -

It's on the PTR now.

It will be on live servers for testing starting 13th august (next week).

Next season starts 1st september and then it's live for real
    Throw me your battletag here or in PM so I can check your stats.
    Hi

The number of leavers/afks/inting I have had in game is less since roll queue.

I'm not really sure why this is as it has nothing to do with what you pick.

I miss 3/hammond/2 and 4/hammond/1 though.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    But if you're playing a hero you're less good at, your SR will drop. That's not a flaw of the matchmaker, that's an L2P issue.
    The chars I'm playing, I play at diamond as well. So... A big part of the reason I wasn't climbing was because of the amount of 4-5 dps games that resulted in losses, that much is obvious with the rating gains I've had after 2-2-2 lock. Even if I have to wait 5+ mins for a game, it's more fun and not an automatic loss due to people wanting to go 4-5 dps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Inconsistency is a big part of who doesn't climb.

You might kill an entire team that is low with a dynamite but you also have like 50% WR in gold on your best hero.
    I'm not in gold any longer. This 2-2-2 was the best thing to happen. And no, I didn't have 50% on my best hero.
    Last edited by Empte; 2019-08-15 at 04:43 PM.

The chars I'm playing, I play at diamond as well. So... A big part of the reason I wasn't climbing was because of the amount of 4-5 dps games that resulted in losses, that much is obvious with the rating gains I've had after 2-2-2 lock. Even if I have to wait 5+ mins for a game, it's more fun and not an automatic loss due to people wanting to go 4-5 dps.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not in gold any longer. This 2-2-2 was the best thing to happen. And no, I didn't have 50% on my best hero.
    So you honestly believe you werent climbing before solely due to role queue/other teammates picking poorly?

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    So you honestly believe you werent climbing before solely due to role queue/other teammates picking poorly?
    Yes. That's why. Why would I suddenly start climbing with 2-2-2 otherwise? I didn't just magically improve over night.

Lol I can't believe you just tried to convince me that you're better than everyone at your SR by showing two tiny clips. You are not better than everyone else at your SR, if you were, your SR would be higher. If only I had a clip of you doing dumb shit to compare against the teammates making good plays, I could make the entire opposite argument!

But anyway, thank you for demonstrating you are entirely not worth arguing with, good day.

- - - Updated - - -

And you should be able to understand that what you think is the best decision, isn't, and that even if it is, your teammates may not make that decision. It then follows that you should have contingency plans to pick up the slack if you need to.

Either that, or bitch about your teammates and take no responsibility for your losses, but I can't imagine that's particularly productive.
    It really is. The best decision when someone goes Pharah is to get a hitscan. Because hitscan counters Pharah.

Yes. That's why. Why would I suddenly start climbing with 2-2-2 otherwise? I didn't just magically improve over night.
    Yes, role queue drops and boom, 50 SR per win because the matchmaker's rewarding you for your patience.

P.s. I'm sticking with the throwing down to 2200 hypothesis.

Field Marshal
    3+ Year Old Account
    Yes, role queue drops and boom, 50 SR per win because the matchmaker's rewarding you for your patience.

P.s. I'm sticking with the throwing down to 2200 hypothesis.
    I was getting high points for wins even before role queue but would often lose 3-4 games for every 1 win due to 4-5 dps teams, making the SR gain get nullified. It's starting to get more normal now, I'm getting 25-30 points @ 2900 now for a win. I dropped down to gold due to 4-5 dps teams, not because I was throwing.
    Last edited by Empte; 2019-08-15 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Throw me your battletag here or in PM so I can check your stats.
    f1shbowl#2802

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    The best thing about 2-2-2 lock is the individual ranking for each role.

This will prevent bad healers from reaching higher ranks, bad dps reaching higher ranks and bad tanks reaching higher ranks.

If you are playing healer at ~3500 rating your dps and tanks will be of equal skill. I actually think this will prevent some trolling.
    Here's the thing. I won all 5 healing and tanking placement matches. I had at least three golds in every match averaged less than 1 death and had 6 PotG. My tank rank was 560, my healer rank was 544. I lost all 5 damage placements, maybe had a couple of silver or bronze medals, died way more than I should and my damage rank was 980.

Good healers in that low of a rank have nonshotnof moving up either.