Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    its more than enough for a begining... i like crowded servers and since there is no xrealm it will be even better.

I think blizzard dropped the ball and really did not consider how much demand there would be for Vanilla in all regions.

15+ Year Old Account
    It hasen't even started yet and they add realms.
    I know in EU the different countries/regions have hooked up to a large extent and formed realms with 3~ main countries/region.
    The new EU pvp one seems to be having a large nordic pop, about 30-40 Swedish guilds decided to wait at name registration and see if a new realm came and it did so they are going there.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2019-08-15 at 02:27 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    No, it didn't happen.
    There were dozens of realms at vanilla launch instead of two giant ones split into a dozen of layers.
    Completely different scenario with completely different challenges.
    You have no idea what you're talking about if you're saying there wasn't an extremely overpopulated realm at Vanilla launch. And you have no idea what you're talking about if you're saying that wasn't resolved with a combination of massive queues and free transfers off.

edit: I get it. You have a fundamentally stupid position insisting that there is ZERO chance (your words not mine) they they won't keep laying forever and now you'll say a bunch of dumb stuff to "prove" your point. But the fact remains that it's easy to predict how this will actually be resolved without layering forever. All you have to have is an awareness of what's already happened. And the announcements from the past several days have only confirmed my position. If ppl want to cram on specific servers there will be horrible queues, that's just the way it is.
    Last edited by Trend; 2019-08-15 at 05:25 PM.

Im going the new pvp server where all the swedes are going.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You have no idea what you're talking about if you're saying there wasn't an extremely overpopulated realm at Vanilla launch. And you have no idea what you're talking about if you're saying that wasn't resolved with a combination of massive queues and free transfers off.
    It's quite hilarious to see you replying to what you imagined I wrote.
    Go on.

It's quite hilarious to see you replying to what you imagined I wrote.
    Go on.
    Right, I'm imagining your stupid posts. That's it. That's the solution to your problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zunbox View Post
    I think blizzard dropped the ball and really did not consider how much demand there would be for Vanilla in all regions.
    It still won't be enough. If they used the participation for open beta days as a pointer thats stupid. The vast majority of people don't care about meaningless access for 2 days on something that gets closed very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    It still won't be enough. If they used the participation for open beta days as a pointer thats stupid. The vast majority of people don't care about meaningless access for 2 days on something that gets closed very soon.
    Well Blizzard is not omniscient so they have to use something as a metric.

Ofcourse servers will be bursting at the seams and queues of thousands at launch. But Blizzard (correctly) cares more about having healthy servers in a month then a smooth launch experience.

This isn't there first rodeo
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Link seems broken so no idea what you are saying, but anyone saying any PS had 700k players is like saying wow has 150,000,000 players.
    It's the Infographic of Nostalrius. 730k player Accounts, 150k Active players.

just trying to feed facts, cuz people seem to base their opinion on hot hair and syringe injected down syndrome saliva. we obviously don't know anything for sure, but some people are so off the scale of reality it's baffling how they managed to turn on their Computer and navigate to MMO-Champ while being so high on acid they mistake their Suction cup dildo for a stuffed unicorn head on the wall.

I'm jealous will be like p servers. Part of the community will live on

I wish there was only 1 pvp realm for the states.....I want to shit on all NA horde in the world not just a part of them

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    It's the Infographic of Nostalrius. 730k player Accounts, 150k Active players.
    150k active players is NOT 150k CCU. It is a number of players who log their chars within an arbitrarily defined period of time. Blizzard did exactly the same when they still reported numbers back in the day.
    Nostalrius peaked at between 10 and 15k CCU. Shazzrah Discord alone has 20k people, so you can expect 50k+ CCU at launch.

150k active players is NOT 150k CCU. It is a number of players who log their chars within an arbitrarily defined period of time. Blizzard did exactly the same when they still reported numbers back in the day.
    Nostalrius peaked at between 10 and 15k CCU. Shazzrah Discord alone has 20k people, so you can expect 50k+ CCU at launch.
    Never said otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Well, that still leaves 2 million players... according to some people. 500k per server might be a little crowded.
    Europe and US combined have around 1 million players....

13 pages later and half of the posters still don't realize that the EU has also got a french, russian and german pvp server each, who combined probably have a bigger playerbase than EU English

"only 150k active accounts cuz it was free" 150k active accounts made the server pretty much unplayable you know that right?
    no it was NOT unplayable as all the vids from the server show cause people made multiple FREE accounts...

Constant 10-20k Queues on EU pvp servers for Name reservations kinda tells a story as well, as well as the logging servers crashing every couple of minutes for an hour straight.
    no it doesnt cause it the same problem retail had with the start of wod. when you go today to name reservation you have no queue no nothing

I wouldn't pay for a private server, tons of dodgey shit happens, the quality isn't up to par either, I 100% agree theres loads of people who will still play private servers, but I'm fairly sure even more people were pushed away from playing them simply because of the risk of losing your character and the quality
    losing progress? guess thats why so many people play beta/ptr....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    It will be enough, especialy now when people realize you cant be logged into classic AND retail at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

It's the Infographic of Nostalrius.
    WRONG! Its 730k Accounts created! and 150k Active Accounts with some people having multiple accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    no it was NOT unplayable as all the vids from the server show cause people made multiple FREE accounts...

no it doesnt cause it the same problem retail had with the start of wod. when you go today to name reservation you have no queue no nothing

- - - Updated - - -

It will be enough, especialy now when people realize you cant be logged into classic AND retail at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

WRONG! Its 730k Accounts created! and 150k Active Accounts with some people having multiple accounts.

Lololol look this kid, theres a reason there's no queues anymore its because people made their characters. People can't login! They could at wod launch, they could actually play, ofc there will be queue then.

And dont compare a name reservation to a launch, this is an indicator that Classic is gonna be FUCKIGN HUGE.

You know its only people with subscription that could reserve name right? Thats the people they steal from bfa, but thats only 10% of classic population, the other 90% is coming when classic launches, they dont wanna pay a sub just to reserve a name lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Lets take it from the bottom you absolute special snow flake cuz bad words aren't allowed, not that I would ever insult you or your impressive reading comprehension skills... President Trump. Yeah you thought you could disguise yourself with some super cringey Nickname on MMO-champ didn't you? well I'm on to you.

I cannot physically be wrong as I responded to what the link was. The link was to a Picture, the picture being an Infrographic from Nostalrius, saying 730k Accounts created, and 150k active accounts just like you said.

Not sure what your point of lost progress is about honestly, I would get a translator in here, but I don't know any who specialize in giberish.

Your WoD example is just... ehm, not very astute? did i do good mods? I didn't mention his mental handicap \o/.
    WoD not only was an extremely unique expansion because of the influx of players for release being the biggest in wows history, without a close 2nd. Not gonna go much further into that, just gonna you another picture of a Graph, hopefully you manage to read this one

Now obviously a sudden spike such as that with no precedence from previous expansions is going to create issues, yet the Queues honestly wasn't much of a problem, they were no worse than previous expansions. How could that be? Theory Time!

If theres an unprecedented large influx of players, but the Queues and servers weren't struggling more than in previous cases, that would indeed lead someone to believe that blizzard has started to get this whole Launch thing down, but hey, thats just a theory, a common sense theory!

Other than that, cherry picking an example from 2014 instead of using Legion or BFA the most recent examples because of it's unique situation is what we like to call a "Fallacy" so lets just ignore you ever did such a terrible manipulative thing, and use Legion/BFA where there has been no such issues, and call your point moot.

I can find you Nostalrius Videos of it being unplayable, I played. look at Northdale with similar peaks of 15k players online, during those peaks levelling is close to impossible.

Video 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu-JMqNTn-M
    Video 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYFD06UFscw
    Video 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xx6eyuEUvU

Its generally tough finding a video of someone just levelling randomly, or out herbing sadly. this came up when i put "Nostalrius" in the search bar. the population was a huge problem for some. it has been a discussion point on every private server, and it all depends on taste. Personally I like it when i dont have a 2 second delay on every button press, and theres not 38 people waiting for the same mob spawns as me, but to each their own. but claiming videos will support you in your argument that Nostalrius didn't have a population issue is just kinda funny. but I will give you that this one is atleast Subjective

Quote Originally Posted by clausuk57 View Post
    Lololol look this kid, theres a reason there's no queues anymore its because people made their characters. People can't login! They could at wod launch, they could actually play, ofc there will be queue then.
    thanks for proving that you have no clue what you are taking about. WoD was a DESASTER at start.

And dont compare a name reservation to a launch, this is an indicator that Classic is gonna be FUCKIGN HUGE.
    no it just proves that the name server cant handle being DDOSed *shocking!*

You know its only people with subscription that could reserve name right? Thats the people they steal from bfa, but thats only 10% of classic population, the other 90% is coming when classic launches, they dont wanna pay a sub just to reserve a name lol.
    Dream on - as said I will laugh in your face next year when you cry why there is no one to play with

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot physically be wrong as I responded to what the link was. The link was to a Picture, the picture being an Infrographic from Nostalrius, saying 730k Accounts created, and 150k active accounts just like you said.
    You do realize silly that 150k active accounts != the number of players? ofc you did I am sure of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Europe and US combined have around 1 million players....
    ye sure - each server having 7 layers , each layer 3k players so 21k players at "full " servers" .

times what 10 servers per region ?

and all numbers inflated because its counting number of chars not number of players online

they will be lucky if they open with 200k players worldwide.