Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I mean all zones are designed to fly, no zone is designed for flight. Mostly because Blizz realized daze mobs that knock us off our mount and kill us wasn't "fun" apparently.
    Pretty sure Icecrown and Storm Peaks were designed for flight. they even gave you a rentable flying mount if you didn't have any for them.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heffladin View Post
    Pretty sure Icecrown and Storm Peaks were designed for flight. they even gave you a rentable flying mount if you didn't have any for them.
    Nah nah nah nah nah. That's designed to fly, in fact that necessitates flight.

But being designed for flight? That requires making a zone where not only is flight useful, but also flight isn't just a mindless cycle of "get quest, mount, fly, land, kill 10 bears, mount, fly back, turn in..."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

7+ Year Old Account

But being designed for flight? That requires making a zone where not only is flight useful, but also flight isn't just a mindless cycle of "get quest, mount, fly, land, kill 10 bears, mount, fly back, turn in..."
    Could you even get to dungeons and raid in stormpeaks without flying or FP? Seems like designed for flight
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Could you even get to dungeons and raid in stormpeaks without flying or FP? Seems like designed for flight
    Pretty sure without any flying it was impossible which is why they kinda gave it to you back then, maybe not at the max speed but still flying.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Far as I know you couldn't even get past the first hub without flight. But again there's a difference between needing flight and being designed to use flight. No zone has been designed to properly utilize flight and that's why Blizz has had to resort to artificial gates like Pathfinder. Flight breaks zones.

What is the "designed for ground" alternative, though? Even more obnoxious mountains getting in your way? Sure, one obstacle every now and then can be a bit immersive, but nothing about say, highmountain or getting from one side of zuldazar to the other is particularly thrilling either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    What is the "designed for ground" alternative, though? Even more obnoxious mountains getting in your way? Sure, one obstacle every now and then can be a bit immersive, but nothing about say, highmountain or getting from one side of zuldazar to the other is particularly thrilling either.
    The mountain spam is annoying and I fully agree with you. I feel like world design hit its peak back in MoP and some parts of WoD. But we don't really need "designed for ground" because Ground already has its dangers and its player choices just by virtue of roads and mobs and trees. Flight it's just hold space a bit, point yourself toward the arrow on the minimap, hit autorun, go make lunch.

3+ Year Old Account
    Here we go my lovelies. The recruit a friend page has an incripted armor set. Time for the dataminers to unleash hell. Every hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm? How so? Can they get the encryption key off that armor?

3+ Year Old Account
    Hmm? How so? Can they get the encryption key off that armor?
    Hopefully. But I bet it is something that could give us a clue for 9.0

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I doubt they can get anything from this sadly. It just confirms what one of the encrypted items is.

What would we have if there wasn't mountains? Do you guys want flat boring ground?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    This game needs a world revamp and a level squish ASAP. Any expansion that not includes that will dissapoint me
    Level SQUISH is stupid. We worked for the levels we are at. level squishing is Laziness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One thing I want to say, when I talked about designed for flight, I did not mean flying mounts. I mean active flight. Double top and you pop your dragon wings then you fight things on air.
    Can I pass on the Dragon Wings for anything else? That aside it's an interesting idea. Though I'm going to prefer airships because I got burned on player boats once so of course I'm going back to that well.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    What would we have if there wasn't mountains? Do you guys want flat boring ground?
    Dunno what they want. Caves and valleys I guess. I wouldn't mind flat surfaces either if it has interesting landmarks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLisanna View Post
    Level SQUISH is stupid. We worked for the levels we are at. level squishing is Laziness.
    With worked you mean sitting in orgrimmar and pressing the queue button in LFD?

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    With worked you mean sitting in orgrimmar and pressing the queue button in LFD?
    Be nice if Blizz offered stats on how much in general has people used LFD for leveling compared to those that just quest.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Some zones in Pandaria have no mountains without looking flat, same for Draenor iirc. That kind of stuff to me feels far more natural than every single region having mountains, but perhaps that's because I grew up in a province with virtually no mountains.

7+ Year Old Account
    edit: nvm, i apparently can't read.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    What's actually really shitty is that some of the other sentient weapons we got, like Aluneth and the demonology skull, aren't anywhere to be seen now.
    No point in burning them all during the same content. Aluneth could become relevant again in a dragon patch/expansion, especially concerning the Blue Flight, and the Skull of the Man'ari could return in a future expansion that goes cosmic again, when we meet demons again.