Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Actually it's nice to know that Democrats don't consider minorities 3/5 a person anymore as they're the ones who opposed the 13th amendment. 100% of Republicans voted for the amendment. Democrats have a dark, dark past
    You still don't know what the Southern Strategy is, do you? Were you sick the day that happened?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yetanothernewbie View Post
    How fucking sad and desperate do you have to be to compare the actions of a political party 160 years ago to the actions of your party TODAY?

This is just one reason no one takes anything you say seriously. You are just a joke.
    Especially since something called the Southern Strategy happened, the Civil Rights Act was signed and all the racists flocked to the Republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    You still don't know what the Southern Strategy is, do you? Were you sick the day that happened?

- - - Updated - - -

Especially since something called the Southern Strategy happened, the Civil Rights Act was signed and all the racists flocked to the Republican party.
    He knows, just an inconvenient fact so they "forget" it

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    He knows, just an inconvenient fact so they "forget" it
    Just another one from the people in your avatar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually it's nice to know that Democrats don't consider minorities 3/5 a person anymore as they're the ones who opposed the 13th amendment. 100% of Republicans voted for the amendment. Democrats have a dark, dark past
    But, in context, you are saying republicans have a dark, dark present?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Get shit on Doc.

Damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Get shit on Doc.

Damn.
    Live by the whataboutism, die by the whataboutism. Who would have thought comparing the current GOP to everything wrong that’s ever been done by any political party, would create a problem?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Let them. I hope they win. I also hope ever solid red state does the same and wins. Less representation for those shitholes the better.
    There is no basis by which they can win.

It's not up in the air for what the census was intended to do, it doesn't have unclear language, there is no room for interpretation. To change it to function differently than stated in the constitution requires a constitutional amendment. The lawsuit cannot legally change anything, if the supreme court some how ruled differently we would have a constitutional crisis.

And Republicans have a dark, dark present. What exactly is your argument?
    Last edited by Xeones; 2019-08-15 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    There is no basis by which they can win.

It's not up in the air for what the census was intended to do, it doesn't have unclear language, there is no room for interpretation. To change it to function differently than stated in the constitution requires a constitutional amendment. The lawsuit cannot legally change anything, if the supreme court some how ruled differently we would have a constitutional crisis.

And Republicans have a dark, dark present. What exactly is your argument?
    I understand and they will lose. I would love to see them win, have all the red states follow suit and watch them lose 15% of their house seats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Honestly, no reason to even bring that up, because even if the Southern Strategy wasn't a thing, what either party did 160 years ago is not relevant to what they're doing now.

Though I guess it does serve to point how both parties basically flopped.

Think of it this way, if you timewarped Frederick Douglass, a contemporary of Abraham Lincoln, to today, and told him how the Democrats elected the first black president, and the Republicans opposed him staunchly for eight years, he'd be floored. Because in his day, the Democrats owned the slaves and the Republicans supported either contained slavery or outright abolition.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2019-08-15 at 10:48 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I mean, if 'bama doesn't want to include non citizens in the census, they get less congressional seats though probably only 1 less. Sounds like a win to me.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Because Democrats are the same from over 200 years ago?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Because Democrats are the same from over 200 years ago?
    No, because republicans are like democrats were 200 years ago. 200 more years and they will be just like democrats of today. Ask any democrats how ridiculous “MLM: Machine Lives Matter” is today? In 200 years, that’s exactly how republicans will be... defining how much cybernetics is not human. It’s okey... 800 years from enlightenment...

(The new Hickman run on the XMen, is one of the best comics I have ever read. I think it might be better than Black Hammer... kind of hard to say that about an XMen book, but it’s so good. The above is a reference, not a spoiler.)

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    This shouldn't be surprising to anyone that has done some reading on the conservative "movement" in the US. They have been fighting for special privileges since before the founding of the country. They have literally instigated wars to preserve their status quo, and we shouldn't take their actions in government, at all levels, lightly.

We have already seen their penchant for violence, brutality, and corruption, let's not let them get away with it again.
    It really is funny when you look back to history to see that many of the same issues from the late 18th century are present today.

There's a reason why Alabama is one of the worst states to live in. Mix right wing politics with supply side Jesus and you get one terrible state.

I honestly don't have much hope for them until another few decades pass at the very least. If we're all lucky we'll get things like M4A and they'll at least benefit from that regardless of what their state politicians are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I mean, if 'bama doesn't want to include non citizens in the census, they get less congressional seats though probably only 1 less. Sounds like a win to me.
    Maybe more Republican states can not count their populations according to the constitution?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Learn your history.
    He did...from Dinesh D'Souza.

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    I doubt Alabama stands to lose a lot. I would love to see the math about projected losses in representation if this was to go through federally. It would hurt California, obviously, which why they tried... but it would hurt Texas majorly, probably also Florida and Arizona as well.

Although the GOP may be ready to lose a few seats if in exchange these states remain reliably red.

Not including all the people living in the country kind of defeats the point of a fucking census lol

I holding up a mirror. Don't like what you see?
    No you didn't. I'm neither democrat nor american. So therefore I did nothing beside the fact I condemn the past actions and the present one. You don't beside the fact you know it is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The legal argument being made is literally that illegal immigrants are not people.
    eli5? Seems to me the legal argument would be that illegal immigrants do not enjoy the same rights as citizens do. That does not mean they are not people.