Poll: Adventurer or big champion?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Adventurer or Champion?

What would you like more, multiple smaller stories where you are a normal adventurer or do you like one big story where you are a champion, like the last couple of expansions.

Personally i'm getting tired of being the Champion, what you?

Edit:
    My view:
    Adventurer: Wandering hero helping out where able, if needed helping to destroy <bad>.

Champion: Revered Commander/General/Champion semi-leading the campaign against <big bad>.
    Last edited by shade3891; 2019-08-15 at 10:11 PM.

I played Warcraft 3. Non-named characters were just soldiers. That's the way it should be for us. Non-named adventurers. Otherwise WoW starts to orbit US instead of our characters immersed in IT.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDest View Post
    I played Warcraft 3. Non-named characters were just soldiers. That's the way it should be for us. Non-named adventurers. Otherwise WoW starts to orbit US instead of our characters immersed in IT.
    I wish I could like this post.

You can cut our wings, but we will always remember what it was like to fly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana del Rlyeh View Post
    I wish I could like this post.
    I feel the same, the stories are to centered around the player atm.

Fuck being the champion, seriously. It breaks more immersion than all the things the lore people cry about, yet somehow "Ah, you're the guy who literally battled a god to save the universe? Okay then, time to get to work sifting through poop" is totally fine every. single. expansion.

after some feats it would be ridiculous to still being a nameless hero.
    You know, beating the Lich King, saving the world from DeathWing, stopping the Warlords, the MOTHERFUCKING MAD TITAN, etc. After a while you'll get well known

It’s been a very long time since I play W3, weren’t we commanders giving orders to troops? While our character was never named but they weren’t peons either or just soldiers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

The genie is long since out of the bottle, and impossible to put back, regarding us (the player character) being too big to ignore.

The answer to wanting those humble beginnings and grounded stories is to roll an alt. Most of the low end quests are “street level” themes.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’d go with both like it’s been since wrath.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather be an adventurer. Adventurer doesn't have to imply nameless nobody. You can be a wandering hero and still be a major character in the storyline.

Certainly would read better than me being this modern major general next in line to lead my faction.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    The genie is long since out of the bottle, and impossible to put back, regarding us (the player character) being too big to ignore.

The answer to wanting those humble beginnings and grounded stories is to roll an alt. Most of the low end quests are “street level” themes.
    Can back this up - I am just now starting the same thing. I have four 120's currently, but I am just beginning a new baby rogue - no heirlooms, no gold/gifts from my other characters or guild. So far it's been a blast - slowing down, reading the quests. Enjoying it thoroughly.
    Kepano the Awakened (Main - Resto Shaman)
    Kepana the Seeker (Alt - Druid)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    after some feats it would be ridiculous to still being a nameless hero.
    You know, beating the Lich King, saving the world from DeathWing, stopping the Warlords, the MOTHERFUCKING MAD TITAN, etc. After a while you'll get well known
    Pretty much.

You can't just delete 15 years of progression our characters had. At this point we are a high ranking members of our respective factions mingling with kings and faction leaders, you can't just be some random ass adventurer at that point anymore.

If you think frikkin' galloping straight into Stormwind keep's throne room on your mount and casually chatting with the High King as some random hobo adventurer is "immersion", I don't know what to say there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-08-15 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    It’s been a very long time since I play W3, weren’t we commanders giving orders to troops? While our character was never named but they weren’t peons either or just soldiers.
    I was stating that we would be in reference to the "Footman" and ground soldiers. Not the one issuing orders. In other words, having us be the nameless soldier in an Army rather than the General.

Look how popular the Plate Warfront gear for Stormguard was! It made you look like a fancy footman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    What would you like more, multiple smaller stories where you are a normal adventurer or do you like one big story where you are a champion, like the last couple of expansions.

I don't mind being the random adventurer, or soldier/elite - Don't want to be commander, don't want to be leader of a class, don't want to be the big hero. Champion is basically just an elite for me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by voxnor View Post
    Can back this up - I am just now starting the same thing. I have four 120's currently, but I am just beginning a new baby rogue - no heirlooms, no gold/gifts from my other characters or guild. So far it's been a blast - slowing down, reading the quests. Enjoying it thoroughly.
    Also important to note that there is nothing stopping THE CHAMPION OF AZEROTH from either a) going back to lowbie areas they haven’t done before and/or b) potentially using the quest reset feature to be “Dr Strange doing Daredevil’s job” as it relates to bringing your power down to the “street level” stories.

Exactly my feelings. I was very happy with vanilla and tbc in that respect. We can still witness great historical moments, just don't make it sound like we are more than one cog in the machine... After all that IS mechanically what we are in raids!

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post

too many people playing for all of us to be champions. we're the militia, footmen, the ones following the orders of the guys giving quests, not giving them out, not creating lore, we're witnessing and living in it, and that was the way it started. it wasn't 40 champions running into a raid and taking down dragons.

This reminds me of the TV series Rome where Vorenus and Pullo weren't very famous but they were involved in many historical events. WoW could be the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    ✓ 3rd option - Let me choose what title I want to be addressed as on each character. Some characters I feel like it's okay to be a Champion, others I want to be known as <Class> or <Race> or <Adventurer>.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?