View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    New models look great! Hope we see more soon.
    Any favorite models?

Storm, we know you have favorite models!

i look at reforged, and suddenly i remember that Sega will never Fund relic to remaster DoW1.
    Mainly after the DoW3 fiasco where they outsourced the game to the Montreal subsidiary and went full retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    i look at reforged, and suddenly i remember that Sega will never Fund relic to remaster DoW1.
    Mainly after the DoW3 fiasco where they outsourced the game to the Montreal subsidiary and went full retarded.
    What's this about outsourcing to Montreal?

DoW remaster would be incredible, but feels like it would be more work than its worth. I don't think the original engine could be reused, the balance is all over the place and there's just a lot of assets and animations to consider like all the Sync-kills and the fact that none of the projectile tracers actually aimed or hit correctly.

Also DoW1 really missed out without Tyranids in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What's this about outsourcing to Montreal?

DoW remaster would be incredible, but feels like it would be more work than its worth. I don't think the original engine could be reused, the balance is all over the place and there's just a lot of assets and animations to consider like all the Sync-kills and the fact that none of the projectile tracers actually aimed or hit correctly.

Also DoW1 really missed out without Tyranids in it.
    During the Shitshow, one of the employees from Vancouver who posts regularly at the 40ktg thread created one thread at /tg/ explaining the entire situation.
    Relic Vancouver was occupied with the AoE4 stuff while Montreal took care of DoW3, Sega and Geedubs also wanted to promote primaris earlier as a "sneak peek" with gabriel's new look, the game itself as even old Gabe's model in it based on DoW2RET's ending.

But it seems that Montreal team had other plans, so they cut all of the communication with everyone and went on to do their own stuff, they even picked up a fight with fights with the voice actors because of political garbage, which led to the horrible voice acting that the game got, some weren't even called to work on.
    When Relic, Sega and Games Workshop discovered it, it was too late and they had to move on with it Hoping that it would sell, but it ended up as it is.

The result is that after the game was released, Relic closed the Montreal Subsidiary in silence, Sega got Angry with the Damage control that they had to do because of it, and Games Workshop finally decided to open it up and Source their Games to anyone who agrees working with them closely.

Also it seems that Games Workshop Got the rights and even the Source code for DoW games because of the contract that they had, which is the reason of why Relic cut support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PelinalWhitestrake View Post
    During the Shitshow, one of the employees from Vancouver who posts regularly at the 40ktg thread created one thread at /tg/ explaining the entire situation.
    Relic Vancouver was occupied with the AoE4 stuff while Montreal took care of DoW3, Sega and Geedubs also wanted to promote primaris earlier as a "sneak peek" with gabriel's new look, the game itself as even old Gabe's model in it based on DoW2RET's ending.

But it seems that Montreal team had other plans, so they cut all of the communication with everyone and went on to do their own stuff, they even picked up a fight with fights with the voice actors because of political garbage, which led to the horrible voice acting that the game got, some weren't even called to work on.
    When Relic, Sega and Games Workshop discovered it, it was too late and they had to move on with it Hoping that it would sell, but it ended up as it is.

The result is that after the game was released, Relic closed the Montreal Subsidiary in silence, Sega got Angry with the Damage control that they had to do because of it, and Games Workshop finally decided to open it up and Source their Games to anyone who agrees working with them closely.

Also it seems that Games Workshop Got the rights and even the Source code for DoW games because of the contract that they had, which is the reason of why Relic cut support for it.
    Ouch. That's a messy situation to say the least. Kinda sad that it's come to that though, since I can't see them rebooting DoW without Relic behind it.

It kinda reminds me of the messed up rights situation with Hexen and Heretic since the devs moved on to Human Head after Activision came in, and Activision has no care to reboot or even address the series even in light of Bethesda doing pretty well with the Doom reboots. At most, they just got re-released on GoG, and not even with their respective expansions.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Any favorite models?

Storm, we know you have favorite models!
    Tyrande and the Red Dragon, for sure. Tyrande looks really good, and the Dragon looks badass.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Tyrande and the Red Dragon, for sure. Tyrande looks really good, and the Dragon looks badass.
    I haven't seen the new red dragon model. any pics?

Is there any info on soundtrack? If we get new dubbing, maybe we will get HD music. Maybe we will hear some new music straight from WoW?

I haven't seen the new red dragon model. any pics?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Is there any info on soundtrack? If we get new dubbing, maybe we will get HD music. Maybe we will hear some new music straight from WoW?
    Very little. There's a gameinformer series of interviews with Derek Duke, but that's about it. You can prolly find it on youtube, it mostly goes over his history at Blizzard and not much actual information about Reforged's music. Everything was answered with a 'yeah that'd be cool, we'd like to see that too'.

Very little. There's a gameinformer series of interviews with Derek Duke, but that's about it. You can prolly find it on youtube, it mostly goes over his history at Blizzard and not much actual information about Reforged's music. Everything was answered with a 'yeah that'd be cool, we'd like to see that too'.
    What I expected.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I wish there was an interviewer that would throw that overused catchphrase back into their face. Unfortunately, interviews with AAA companies are notoriously scripted.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I was wondering about Reforged is how alternate skins would conflict with custom models. Anyone have any idea how they're gonna implement these alternate skins with custom models in the editor already being a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    One thing I was wondering about Reforged is how alternate skins would conflict with custom models. Anyone have any idea how they're gonna implement these alternate skins with custom models in the editor already being a thing?
    Not sure how they would conflict with custom models. What do you mean by this?

Custom models aren't used in multiplayer melee, while alternate skins are only used in multiplayer melee. Custom models are used in custom games.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHomieG View Post
    conflict? what?

7+ Year Old Account
    conflict? what?
    Translation:

"Will alt-models fuck with custom models?"

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Translation:

"Will alt-models fuck with custom models?"
    Yeah but.... how? In what way?

It's like saying 'Will the campaign fuck with custom maps'. They're two different things that run parallel to each other...

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but.... how? In what way?

It's like saying 'Will the campaign fuck with custom maps'. They're two different things that run parallel to each other...
    This. Exactly this. Homey the Clown's question was a stupid question.

I know it won't happen but it would have been cool if they made the Naga into a proper faction. I remember back in the day people on message boards speculating if Blizzard would ever release a patch that made them into a fully fledged faction. Would be cool if they did Naga and Demons.

Or some new bonus campaigns.

The new red dragon is amazing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KayRule View Post
    I know it won't happen but it would have been cool if they made the Naga into a proper faction. I remember back in the day people on message boards speculating if Blizzard would ever release a patch that made them into a fully fledged faction. Would be cool if they did Naga and Demons.

Or some new bonus campaigns.
    nagas would be amazing, but rather unlikely if they want to follow wows direction

That being said naga royal guards were one of my favorite campaign units
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

5+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why a naga faction would be prohibited in WC3. It's WC3, naga don't need mount animations or pant/boot armor