Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because it's fun.

But at least that's better than just non-stop trash talking the game and trying to shame anyone for buying it.
    How is my confusion as to why adults still play games like Pokemon considered "non-stop trash talking it?" I made one comment and even said it wasn't intended as an insult. I'm sure there might be games I have played that people would wonder what I see in them or definitely some movies I like that people would find strange. It would be the same as me asking why someone in college still played Chutes and Ladders.

It's no secret they historically have been targeting families for these games so I just don't understand the appeal adults have for buying them to play for themselves. It is a curiosity, nothing more. If you care to sate my curiosity instead of assuming I was being insulting, how about giving me a more complete reason than "because it's fun."

@Vineri Don't waste your time trying to discuss anything or argue with Tech; you'll never win even if he loses. His reading comprehension is lacking and/or he will twist around anything you say to suit his own agenda. I understood what you were getting at by your first FE Three Houses reference but obviously he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    How is my confusion as to why adults still play games like Pokemon considered "non-stop trash talking it?" I made one comment and even said it wasn't intended as an insult. I'm sure there might be games I have played that people would wonder what I see in them or definitely some movies I like that people would find strange. It would be the same as me asking why someone in college still played Chutes and Ladders.

It's no secret they historically have been targeting families for these games so I just don't understand the appeal adults have for buying them to play for themselves. It is a curiosity, nothing more. If you care to sate my curiosity instead of assuming I was being insulting, how about giving me a more complete reason than "because it's fun."
    I said it's better than those who keep coming in to try to shame those buying the game. Like what Lahis has been doing every single time S&S is brought up.

Why do I need more than "it's fun" though? It just is. Comparing it to Chutes and Ladders is a bit disingenuous because Chutes and Ladders is designed to be a simplistic game to understand, while Pokemon is simple to grasp, usually the min/maxing aspect goes to the insane extreme.

i really dig the world and design of astral chain, but im sooooo bad at platinum games

im waiting for more reviews to come out until i decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I said it's better than those who keep coming in to try to shame those buying the game. Like what Lahis has been doing every single time S&S is brought up.

Why do I need more than "it's fun" though? It just is. Comparing it to Chutes and Ladders is a bit disingenuous because Chutes and Ladders is designed to be a simplistic game to understand, while Pokemon is simple to grasp, usually the min/maxing aspect goes to the insane extreme.
    Fair point, I just wanted to be clear that I wasn't bashing on the game itself. I just don't get the appeal, that's all. My daughter has played them so I do have a little experience playing/helping her, but even she got bored of it.

Welp, the Monster Rancher remake got confirmed for the Switch. Wonder if they will use Amiibos to unlock the monsters or just go gacha like Xenoblade?

10+ Year Old Account

Not that many interesting games.

I saw Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition is coming to Switch. That's a great game right there. Library is deepening.

Pretty good down port all things considered, not a shit show like I expected. Definitely better then the Doom and Wolfenstein ports people talked up IMO, and full game on cart. Might buy it eventually just for the effort they put into it even though I don't really have 200 hours to invest into the game again lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Pretty good down port all things considered, not a shit show like I expected. Definitely better then the Doom and Wolfenstein ports people talked up IMO, and full game on cart. Might buy it eventually just for the effort they put into it even though I don't really have 200 hours to invest into the game again lol.
    I personally hate the combat in Witcher 3, But with that said ill likely buy the Switch version just because of the effort they put into it.

Really interested in seeing how long the battery lasts in the V2 with this game as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me or does New Game+ in Fire Emblem trivialize Hard Mode? I played it through on Normal and the carryover stats basically have made it so that my character has almost all D rank skills and I haven't even finished chapter 4 yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Is it just me or does New Game+ in Fire Emblem trivialize Hard Mode? I played it through on Normal and the carryover stats basically have made it so that my character has almost all D rank skills and I haven't even finished chapter 4 yet.
    I mean, it's not like it's hard to begin with.

Typical modern FE difficulty balancing is Easy Easy(normal) Normal Easy(Hard) and hateyourlifepainfullyhard hard(Lunatic or w/e they call it in 3H when it releases).

Hard mode is literally normal mode without being able to grind(which you don't even need to do and still end up over leveled), even if you play it on NG and not NG+ its easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I mean, it's not like it's hard to begin with.

Typical modern FE difficulty balancing is Easy Easy(normal) Normal Easy(Hard) and hateyourlifepainfullyhard hard(Lunatic or w/e they call it in 3H when it releases).

Hard mode is literally normal mode without being able to grind(which you don't even need to do and still end up over leveled), even if you play it on NG and not NG+ its easy.
    There's a pretty decent chance NG+ might make Lunatic just "regular hard" since the power boost you can get from it is pretty significant. It does make Hard into a cakewalk, even if it wasn't particularly difficult in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    There's a pretty decent chance NG+ might make Lunatic just "regular hard" since the power boost you can get from it is pretty significant. It does make Hard into a cakewalk, even if it wasn't particularly difficult in the first place.
    Yeh, but downside with mode is that you cant have any fun. I recently forced ASHE to kill Lonato. Not easy to do in normal gameplay. I will also try to force Raphael to kill Ignatz, if its possible on the current road.
    Just for the experiment sake. But in this run i am only unlocking characters that i still need to see talks betwen them.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I've seen from early previews of it from people datamining the game files, lunatic mode will increase the level on enemies early in the game by some 6-7 levels worth of stats, along with introducing more dangerous skills on enemies such as poison strike, having pass on melee enemies etc, along with boss monsters that moves from their location when you're entering their range and so on, while hitting much harder to boot.

It's going to be a significant step up from the current hard mode, at any rate, if what's currently in the game files is any indication about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished my first play through of Fire Emblem Three House over the weekend. I went with the Black Eagle house and didn't side with Edelgard. It was entertaining, though embarrassingly easy and when the credits rolled I had put about 55-60 hours into the game, though admittedly at least an hour or two are idle time. I don't really have the desire to play it through a second or even third or fourth time to see the various paths to their completion, as I just don't find the game fun enough to sink that much time into it.

Now I find myself with several weeks until the next game I'm looking forward too comes out with Borderlands 3.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Hard is a cake walk without NG+.

What is actually hard about it on NG? Being aggressive and losing a unit? Oh wait you can just divine pulse that. I honestly don't get this idea that it's someone easier on NG+ due to the perks when it's free regardless. You literally have lines giving you a good idea of everything that will happen on the enemy turn so it's pretty trivial regardless.

Like serious, if you game over on hard what are you even doing? Just using auto battle?

Also NG+ probably won't make Lunatic that much easier either, at the end of the day it's just slightly faster xp and stat gains. It's not going to save your unit when ambushes attack on the same turn they appear or other troll moves that are a staple of the difficulty. If anything divine pulse will make lunatic easy since you get tons of free do overs, not NG+ in particular.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-08-20 at 04:59 PM.

Famitsu review is out for Astral Chain. 37/40 3x 9s and a 10.

i get the feeling Astral Chain is going to either be a sleeper hit, or its going to totally bomb but have a small super die hard fanbase years after release like Viewtiful Joe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Theyll rerelease boring ass okami 50099 times but not viewtiful joe

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    i get the feeling Astral Chain is going to either be a sleeper hit, or its going to totally bomb but have a small super die hard fanbase years after release like Viewtiful Joe.
    Switch games published by Nintendo don't bomb.

Even garbage like 1-2 Switch and Arms are over 1 million sold.

Sushi Striker is the only one I can think of, published by Nintendo and bombing and they didn't market it at all really. They are marketing Astral Chain out the ass, it's not gonna bomb.