Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Or, crazy idea and hear me out before you stop reading this.... those are not the same people? I said Legion was great minus legendaries and guess what? I still say the same!
    No, this game is just fucking old. That's what is going on. No matter how much new stuff blizzard is going to introduce people will bitch about it. Because in the end it will feel the same.

The only thing that felt different was M+.
    Island expeditions? -> solo scenarios with random mobs.
    Warfronts -> raids with 1 boss in open world with stages, a bit of grind and no challenge whatsoever
    Artifact -> just some gear piece that grows in power.
    Raids -> same as always
    Dungeons -> same as always
    PvP -> literally nothing has changed (doesn't matter if they removed pvp vendors etc. it stil feels the same, maybe except you can't remove players within 2 global cooldowns anymore)

And people fail to realize a simple fact: It's not expansion quality what makes them less engaged, its WoW being old and getting stale.

There are a bunch of core pieces of WoW that need overhauling that to get the next expansion to be "great" or at least better than it has been. That will be a huge task. Not saying they can't do it, but confidence is waning.

1. Professions need to be completely gutted and rebuilt. First Aid/Arch/Fishing can almost be abandoned for all the love they haven't gotten. And the crafting professions have become obsolete from the many other (and sometimes easier) ways to get better gear. Alchemy and Jewelcrafting probably being the only two professions that don't fall into this category because of the their nature. And don't get me started on the lack of planning as it comes to Inscription. I don't think Blizzard ever had a clear idea of what to do with this profession.

2. Classes need a complete rework. Not all, but a majority of them have become so homogenized and streamlined that the fun has been basically baked out of them.

3. The Storyline/Plot. I don't think my keyboard could take the punishment if I tried to type out the decline in the narrative from WotLK onwards.

That being said the two things that don't need work and that have almost always been standout positives are the Artwork and Dungeons/Raiding.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Oh definitely. BfA is definitely among the lowest points for WoW. People here tell me there are reputable game ranking sites that don't list it as the worst WoW expansion, so that's probably true, but it is still one of the worst.
    I'd say that's only because of WoD. Which is understandable. IMO, WoD was rock bottom for WoW (and I hope Blizzard never has an "oh yeah? hold my beer!" moment there), but BfA has been a close second.

edit: I do wonder if Blizzard put in more effort and pushed a few "oh shit" buttons with Legion because of how bad WoD was. Aside from Argus, I thought Legion was a fairly solid expansion. But then we went straight from that to BfA, so I dunno.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-08-16 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, this game is just fucking old. That's what is going on. No matter how much new stuff blizzard is going to introduce people will bitch about it. Because in the end it will feel the same.

The only thing that felt different was M+.
    Island expeditions? -> solo scenarios with random mobs.
    Warfronts -> raids with 1 boss in open world with stages, a bit of grind and no challenge whatsoever
    Artifact -> just some gear piece that grows in power.
    Raids -> same as always
    Dungeons -> same as always
    PvP -> literally nothing has changed (doesn't matter if they removed pvp vendors etc. it stil feels the same, maybe except you can't remove players within 2 global cooldowns anymore)

And people fail to realize a simple fact: It's not expansion quality what makes them less engaged, its WoW being old and getting stale.
    Again, crazy idea, it’s not the same people that say an expansion is shit and then praise it when the new one is out. Shocker ain’t it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    It's worth noting that none of this is confirmed in any way and is just a conspiracy theory
    true nothing i said has been fully confirmed.. and true you prolly dont wanna believe it and thats ok... what i dont wanna believe is that there is a single team working on WoW. because how could a single team deliver such good expansions followed by such horrible expansions? the only theory that fits is 2 teams with 2 different views.

how can we have Wrath followed by Cata, if not for 2 teams.

how can we have MoP followed by WoD, if not for 2 teams.

how can we have Legion followed by BfA, if not for 2 teams.

WotLK is seen today as an enjoyable expac... Cata was not.

MoP was a good expac... WoD was not.

Legion was good... BfA so far, is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    - - - Updated - - -
    I thought that 2 dev team myth was debunked back in WOD
    you think it was debunked, yet the pattern continues. good expansion followed by a very bad expansion. over and over. sorry its just too difficult for me to believe a single unified team would do so good in one expansion then turn around and shit all over their progress and deliver such a bad expansion next.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well said Parasight !!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    true nothing i said has been fully confirmed.. and true you prolly dont wanna believe it and thats ok... what i dont wanna believe is that there is a single team working on WoW. because how could a single team deliver such good expansions followed by such horrible expansions? the only theory that fits is 2 teams with 2 different views.

MoP was mediocre expansion, a lot of people bitched about it. Class design was utter mess. Nothing to do for almost a year.
    WoD would be good if not for having nothing to do and failed garrison concept.
    Legion was garbage expansion and BfA is better.

So yeah, debunked. It's the same team. Just whenever blizz tries to do something new people bitch about it. When it becomes boring people bitch about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Again, crazy idea, it’s not the same people that say an expansion is shit and then praise it when the new one is out. Shocker ain’t it?
    Again, crazy idea: its the same people. And even crazier idea: those people are not subscribed anymore and they still bitch about it.

Do you guys really have memory of goldfish or what?

MoP - PVP crazy imbalanced, BM hunter could destroy you with 1 button. Daily quests everyone complained about. Boring scenarions, mandatory addon for reforging. Running dungeons/scenarios just to upgrade your gear and gigantic content drought after SoO was released. Incredibly imbalanced classes such as affli warlocks doing tripple the dps of others on multi target situations.

WoD - No need to get out of garrison, no world content, nothing to do except for pvp and raids.

Legion - Legendary softcap - people were leveling the same classes in order to get chance for better leggos, "free" boosting M+ to farm AP. Camera changes. Incredibly painful spec switching, farming AP for each spec. Artifact being too powerful. You had literally 6 slots of gear because 2x leggo, 1x artifact, 6x tier sets. Arcanocrystal farming - best trinket was locked behind gear tokens that could proc. Uncapped titanforging. Running old raids in every difficulty because it had chance to get legendary. Timegated suramar. M+ booring meatgrinder.
    The only expansion that made me quit for good months.

BfA - Toned down artifact, you can ignore farming AP. Warfronts - boring content that can be ignored, raids as good as ever. Islands - Scenarios 2.0, boring and can be ignored. Better M+. It had issues with azerite gear acquisition but was fixed in 8.1, you can now literally buy BiS from vendor. Pretty balanced classes. Mechagon insanely fun. Nazjatar ok. Finally can completely ignore emissaries.

So if BfA is the worst expansion in WoW history, previous expansions are so garbage they can't be even considered as expansions.

Also people have no clue what buzzword "homogenization" means. In MoP all classes had everything.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2019-08-16 at 04:28 PM.

The 2 team thing is bullshit, but I do believe that every other expansion is considered "filler" so that Blizz can use devs for other projects in the company.

Cata was bad not because of this (it was because of bad management, they overworked on the revamp), but WoD and BFA definitely feel like filler expansions while the team worked harder on the next one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post

If 9.0 is another cut and paste expansion like this one they're in for a big shock. I think everyone is fed up with their laziness.

Ion seemed honestly confused at the outrage.
    ...So you say, but with Classic going into the normal sub and with alot of players just being complacent with the current form of the game, i don't think they will feel any big hit from making a BFA 2.0.

Ion is confused about any outrage, because he, unlike alot of players, like the theme of BFA. The content patches of BFA have been normal when it comes to size of content/features, its just that the them have been underwhelming. But since he has approved the theme, he proberly does not understand the dislike.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Just like they did with legion.

Bfa, while not the worst xpac, especially since i've been having a ton of fun in 8.2, is definitely one of the worst.

I'm pretty sure we'll get another huge bring out all the stops xpac like legion was.

If you ever own a company or actually work IRL, there's no such thing as intentionally not going all out or having 2 team in which 1 of them have worse Game Designer.

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    ... just cuse you dont like something doesnt mean its not polished.
    You mean like the Heart of Azeroth feature they completely reworked mid xpac?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    MoP was mediocre expansion, a lot of people bitched about it. Class design was utter mess. Nothing to do for almost a year.
    WoD would be good if not for having nothing to do and failed garrison concept.
    Legion was garbage expansion and BfA is better.

So yeah, debunked. It's the same team. Just whenever blizz tries to do something new people bitch about it. When it becomes boring people bitch about it.
    nah man, you dont quite speak for the majority. that is your personal opinion about those expansions. when you put them to a vote it always comes back the same. most people enjoyed WotLK, MoP and Legion overall, while most generally disliked Cata, WoD and now BfA. its not a perfect score for every single player, thats impossible.

each time this topic comes up of which expansion was liked the most and which was liked the least, thats how they line up.

you can break each one down and discuss the pros and cons in another thread, this is just something ive noticed about the general overall feel based on threads in the past talking about it.

yes, i believe the next expansion will sound like blizzard is going all out.. because there are 2 teams developing the game with 2 different views. you have your opinion.. i have mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Nope, not at all. IN fact I think 9.0 will be worse quality then BFA. Blizzard is a mess. The morale there is low after mass firings, then re hiring the exact same positions at lower pay . Activision wants them putting all of their efforts into new games. I dont think the current dev team is able to put out a really good expansion . So many things need fixing that it is bound to take away from the over all quality.

I have a feeling 9.0 is the last full expansion before they pull the plug on retail and just coast with Classic , TBC, Wrath etc servers but with new cash shop items

- - - Updated - - -

Yep and the DEvs they have left just dont have any passion for WOW.
    The devs design what they are told. They dont have free reign. Blame the leadership putting out the projects and ideas that are failing. The people that make it have their orders and tasks to complete and i SERIOUSLY doubt anymore blizzard is a place where a lowly dev can voice an idea and it make it into the game. Ion is the frontman who feels he needs to do ricky bobby stuff with his hands when he talks. The only ounce of passion until we see what 9.0 brings is vanilla plain and simple. Something done at fans request and interest. A large undertaking for them. Kudos to everyone on that team and supporting it.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

The problem is they did go all in with BfA. They just screwed it up so badly. And, for someone like me how unsubscribed over the story, there is no sign they have a clue where they went wrong.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post

you think it was debunked, yet the pattern continues. good expansion followed by a very bad expansion. over and over. sorry its just too difficult for me to believe a single unified team would do so good in one expansion then turn around and shit all over their progress and deliver such a bad expansion next.
    Never liked the "Two team theory" because sure, there's probably two teams of grunt coders and maybe two teams of artists.

But you know what there isn't? Two Game Directors, Two Producers, Two Head Class Designers, Two Head Raid Designers, Two PvP Directors. The head men are the same for every single expansion, and they're the ones that set the agenda and dream up these terrible new features.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by allawyn View Post
    The problem is they did go all in with BfA. They just screwed it up so badly. And, for someone like me how unsubscribed over the story, there is no sign they have a clue where they went wrong.
    How did they go "all out"? They copy pasted the mission table, world quests, artifact power from legion. HoA was so sloppily designed that they had to rework the whole system mid xpac. That just makes for a terrible gameplay experience.

As someone who didn't buy the BfA expansion for the first time since WoW launched, can anyone tell me what was so bad about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    As someone who didn't buy the BfA expansion for the first time since WoW launched, can anyone tell me what was so bad about it?
    Blizz managed the outstanding feat of making every new feature absolute garbage.

Allied Races - Enjoy rep grinding to exhalted via 75 a pop World Quests.

Islands - Could have been cool, but they turned it into a weekly chore to get Azerite.

Warfronts - Turned into an AV-style Zerg

Azerite - Absolute disaster on all fronts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Past patterns lead me to believe next expansion will be more enjoyable than BfA.