Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You didnt consider in the majority of the alliance players, as we seen on live only turn on pvp if they get a massive reward out of it.
    nah thats not how it works. 2 factions inherrently cause a problem where one is dominant, which then forms a self-reinforcing loop where the dominant factions turns it on cause why not, and the smaller faction turns it off cause they just get the bad effects. situation could easily have been reversed. only real solution is 3 factions, but that's not really an option either. it's the same reason why so many realms are 90% one faction population.

Quote Originally Posted by Panetale View Post
    That's not called "thrill" oder "exhilaration" - it's simply a waste of your time as an individual and does nothing else than pissing you off. If you like rogues that try to gank you (they won't try, they probably just will) you must have some kind of weird kinks.
    It's whatever it is to the person feeling it. We're talking about emotions here.

I play PvP because I like the added element of faction disputes. If you don't that's fine, but making an argument that PvE is somehow objectively superior because you prefer to be left alone is just silly.

Also, Blbeing able to flag yourself is meaningless. No one does it and the world ends up lacking an entire element of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I guess it depends on why you're farming those herbs/ that ore. If it's to sell it, then the point is kinda moot as the harder something is to acquire, the more valuable it becomes. So while a PvE'r (or a PvPer not trying to say which it would be) might farm more resource in an hour, if it's that much easier to do, they won't be selling it for as high a price. So the gold/hour would remain relatively similar...
    That's a good point to think abt it. I guess it depends if they are trying to sell it or if they are trying to gather their own mats to craft / level up their prof

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    PvP servers are the alpha chad servers. It is understandable that some of you will feel intimidated.

I will definitely roll on a PvP server.
    I know this is an act, but there's a certain sense of irony talking about being alpha chads in relations to playing a 15 year old MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    It most definitely isn't, no. It isn't ganking if you CAN fight back - what gankers want is to annoy people, and seeing them AFK once you get near is the pinnacle of that.

It's only a gank if you have literally zero chance of winning regardless of both parties' skill - otherwise it's just PvP you're cowering from.
    Either way, in my experience, just letting go of the keyboard usually makes them go away after 1-3 kills.

@anon5123
    I made this image on CLip Studio Paint just now...i hope you enjoy

https://i.imgur.com/qHPxCvf.jpg
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-08-16 at 05:28 PM.

I tried playing on a PvE realm back in Vanilla. Ended up switching to PvP. Having the faction conflict removed feels very wrong to me, and I'd never play PvE again.

No thanks. Think I ll still roll pvp and attack anyone I can on sight. I ll never camp but if you re alliance and I see you you bet your ass I m gonna kill you. I d play retail if I didnt want to see anyone in the world and pretend we re buddy buddies with the other faction.

Benefits of PvE realm :

+ Everything is better
    + Less Toxic environment
    + More mature players
    + No Griefing (significantly less atleast)
    + No Ganking
    + Easier to find a PvE guild
    + Easier to rank in PvP due to less competition
    + Can afk wherever and whenever
    + No need to worry about losing buffs for raid
    + Most of the try-hard and toxic guilds go PvP realms

I've gone back and forth over and over through the last year or so. I'm purely PvE on live (when I still played), and had been thus since BC/Wrath times. I was definitely swayed to go PvP in Classic due to all the added player-driven content.

Then I tried a pserv while waiting for Beta/testing to begin, and IMMEDIATELY when I stepped foot into Redridge, I was ganked. Talking, flagged at the border, killed two steps in. Over the course of about 35 minutes of sneaking into Redridge, I was killed a further three times, and had to run and dodge to avoid the grief.

I'm older than I was back then. I've got a job, commute, wife and kids - and I still want to clear all content in the game. While PvP can certainly add to the experience, for me it's the kind of thing I want *when I want it*, not all the time. I'm really looking forward to going to STV and not being scared, to mine or herb without fear of getting attacked, to possibly even get some Devilsaur without ridiculous colluding mafias attacking/blacklisting. I haven't patience for stupidity, and as much as I'm looking forward to the long, meaningful grind of Classic, I have goals and I won't let those goals be interfered with by some bored idiot looking to ruin other peoples' day.

Sounds saltier than I actually am - bottom line, I'm to old for PvP servers. I'll PvP in battlegrounds, but I'll quest while only having to worry about mobs, not players.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    What do you do when someone of your own faction is taking the node? How abt when it's a group of 5 roaming the zone?

Honest question: do you believe you are more efficient at gathering nodes on a pve or pvp server?
    wasnt meant to be taken as a serios response

play whatever floats your boat.

and to answer your questions: you will obviously be more efficient on a pve realm.

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    wasnt meant to be taken as a serios response

play whatever floats your boat.

and to answer your questions: you will obviously be more efficient on a pve realm.
    It's a trick question, you are most efficient gathering herbs on a low population realm, regardless of type.

World "PvP", to me, is essentially ganking. Even in Warmode, I never am engaged by the opposing faction in a fair fight, it is always me alone versus two or more people.

I have tried PvP realms throughout WoW's history. For me, there is no sense of danger, it's just waiting until some high level, who can't kill people on a fair playing field, takes out their anger on the game/world on me. Danger is something you can plan for, prepare for, get stronger to overcome, or avoid altogether. A level one corpse run from Darnassus to Stormwind is dangerous. Sitting 2-3 levels above the mobs in a zone, questing, and having some level 60 rogue one shot you or stun lock you to death is not dangerous. This is just my experience. I was not able to get much past level 30 or 40 in Classic/TBC. During Wrath I joined a top end raiding guild on a PvP server, and such, starting leveling some alts there. In my memory, I cannot recall a single instance where I had the means to survive an encounter. It was always overwhelmingly stacked to my opponent's favor (which is obvious, or else they would not have engaged me). I don't like ruining other people's days, so whenever I saw someone I could easily have "owned", I let them pass freely. I gained nothing at level 45 killing a level 30. Or a max killing someone below max. That's likely why I don't enjoy PvP realms, I have to desire to "pay it forward" and gank those below me.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    I toyed with the idea of rolling on a PvP server specifically because of concerns about population, but I have such a limited amount of precious time, I’m not about to lose even a minute of it running back to my body after getting ganked by a high level opponent.

As for people not flagging up, that’s just not true. It happened often before War Mode started. It just didn’t happen all the time. If I was in a city that was being attacked, I’d flag and defend, every time. If I saw a flagged Alliance while questing, I invariably flagged and engaged. That’s the way I like PvP; at my discretion.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Playing to accumulate property X to goal Y was what made me quit WoW in the first place, so the last thing I want is a game in which players actively avoid spontaneity that happens to interrupt their inexorable grind to...somewhere.

PVE means I have a choice whether or not to PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Case in point.

WoW's a mythical game with dragons and goblins and shit, play however, wherever you want and stop caring so much.
    I'm not the one "caring". The PvP server players are the ones who constantly shit on PvE players for being "carebears" and "noobs" and "casuals" and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anastacy View Post
    Your chest hair is so sexy. Can I run my fingers through it?
    To your hearts content, I can bearly contain my excitement at the mere thought of it <3

Not sure if mentioned, but that big wow census with 40k+ responses has PvE servers as only 16% of the player base.

I think this will be wildly wrong, it will be closer to 40%. Just shows that survey was more likely to be answered by a certain type of player.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    That's a good point to think abt it. I guess it depends if they are trying to sell it or if they are trying to gather their own mats to craft / level up their prof
    On the flipside, whichever server type *does* have the easier time of it, other players should *in theory* be able to buy all their mats for cheaper. Which is always nice if you're not the gathering type
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.