Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They have layering in mind. But in a couple months they expect still FAR more players on these servers than what would be healthy for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

How you know since wow has NOT released sub numbers in years? Farseer?
    their MAU and shareholder meetings (I do own stock in them and listen in) tell the story, plus anyone can see BFA is prolly the lowest population wise wow has ever been.

On top of that, ESO and ff14 are quick to brag to the world they have this that and the other. FF14 just boasted recently they are the #1 sub mmo in the world after their new expac. For the record, i don't even play ff14 just reporting.

Blizzard also stated that layering was only to be used at release, for a limited time and maps.

7+ Year Old Account
    They don't want to add more servers because they want the population to spread out... as they said in their post. Adding more servers doesn't solve a problem when there is disparity between the server pops right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    They don't want to add more servers because they want the population to spread out... as they said in their post. Adding more servers doesn't solve a problem when there is disparity between the server pops right now.
    The higher population the server, the better the odds it will have a healthy and vibrant population long term.

Why would anyone NOT roll on Herod for pvp east coast? I'd rather wait an hour to log in every time for the first month then be trapped in a ghost town 6 months down the road.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    The higher population the server, the better the odds it will have a healthy and vibrant population long term.

Why would anyone NOT roll on Herod for pvp east coast? I'd rather wait an hour to log in every time for the first month then be trapped in a ghost town 6 months down the road.
    I don't think we are going to be at "ghost town" levels but that's just me. Enjoy the queues, I suppose. This thread just boils down to the fact that we all have different wants when it comes to server selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    I'll jump on the example of ESO here specifically, because I know too little about the other MMO's that do Megaservers and what the situation is like there, but last I checked in with ESO (a few weeks ago), Both NA and EU Megaservers were riddled with horrible lag and have been for a while. Which makes playing the game properly (light-weaving, yada yada so on so forth) a lot more annoying than it should be. Megaservers done right I can get behind, don't care. But if your supposed 'fix' to the problem is to go with the trend of other MMO's, no thank you. I'd like to actually keep that laggy shitshow out of both modern WoW and WoW Classic.

- - - Updated - - -

Except ESO can't do a quality megaserver.
    Ummm....ESO mega servers are just fine....Never experience any lag in PVE whats so ever.

their MAU and shareholder meetings (I do own stock in them and listen in) tell the story, plus anyone can see BFA is prolly the lowest population wise wow has ever been.

On top of that, ESO and ff14 are quick to brag to the world they have this that and the other. FF14 just boasted recently they are the #1 sub mmo in the world after their new expac. For the record, i don't even play ff14 just reporting.
    And more trash. This is so much bullshit its not even worth arguing about.

Besides that back to topic. Blizzard said: "Medium realm today already has more characters on it than even the most crowded realms did back in 2006."

Now imagine this without layering. How would this be healthy for the game? 30 people constantly waiting for a quest mob at all levels. No ore/herbs on the map. The game would be destroyed.

So they can technically even add more players if they want to. "While we are able to fit several times more players on a single realm in 2019 than was the case in 2006, we are not going to raise that cap any further, even though we have the technical capacity to do so."

Its just not good for the game. Understand that.

ESO, and every other MMO's out there do MEGAservers that have all the players in a SINGLE server.

Maybe you guys should invest in better tech? kk thanks for classic tho
    They do have better tech, it's used on retail and it's a mix of CRZ and sharding. For the sake of classic, an altered version of sharding, called "layering", will ease the launch rush of classic but then get disabled.

We wanted the standard server experience for classic. It's an "us" problem, not a "blizzard" problem.

What I find hilarious is that the community worked together across regions to choose streamer and "people" servers. Blizzard gave both US and EU the same warning.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Blizzard Can ask, but I do not foresee very many players willingly move from the server where players reserved their character names.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim616 View Post
    Blizzard Can ask, but I do not foresee very many players willingly move from the server where players reserved their character names.
    Blizzard warned them 2 weeks in advance, that these players will sit most of their time in a 10k queue.

I cant wait for the people crying like crazy about this at launch.

Blizzard warned them 2 weeks in advance, that these players will sit most of their time in a 10k queue.

I cant wait for the people crying like crazy about this at launch.
    Well, if people were warned and yet they still went with option A I guess queue times wont mater versus a dead server. Best of luck to all the players figuring out ways to keep themselves logged in so as to avoid a long queue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if sarcasm or not. But there is a sever that is not full and people dont wanna play on that one. So adding more serves solves exactly nothing.
    They should have added more servers before name reservation. Damage has been done and the problem is harder to fix
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    I don't think we are going to be at "ghost town" levels but that's just me. Enjoy the queues, I suppose. This thread just boils down to the fact that we all have different wants when it comes to server selection.
    I just remember i did this back in vanilla, and the realm they recommended to me ended up as a complete ghost town by the time TBC came out. I had to pay them to transfer, lost my original name, and i will not be taking that path twice.

If it means i gotta have queues for the first months, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    They should have added more servers before name reservation. Damage has been done and the problem is harder to fix
    They announced beforehand that these new servers will be added. You could have done your name reservation on these servers just like on the other ones as well. No damage to be fixed. Just people beeing stubborn and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Xsorus View Post
    Ummm....ESO mega servers are just fine....Never experience any lag in PVE whats so ever.
    Me either. I told him it's a him issue. I'm not the biggest ESO fan, but i legit have never had a problem with it and lag on either xb or pc

I just remember i did this back in vanilla, and the realm they recommended to me ended up as a complete ghost town by the time TBC came out. I had to pay them to transfer, lost my original name, and i will not be taking that path twice.

If it means i gotta have queues for the first months, so be it.
    At least you understood that you are the problem and blizzard cant do anything to fix you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Just add more realms and if things go bad and it starts to die out, collapse them in to one.
    And you just managed to kill the entire idea behind classic with this, bravo

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Just add more realms and if things go bad and it starts to die out, collapse them in to one.
    That's the exact shitty thing that happened that caused the lack of community in this game we have today. Instead of just increasing the number of people that can be on a server, which they straight up admit they can do, they're adding in new servers that won't have the population to start with and will lose just as many people as the other servers resulting in dead servers.

That leaves them two options; forced mergers, which screws people over on their names or cross realms, which kills the community.

They need to just get their heads out of their own asses and just increase the servers capacity. Sure, at start you'll be a faceless name in a massive crowd, but it's better than any of the alternatives.

Who would have thought...
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

At least you understood that you are the problem and blizzard cant do anything to fix you.
    Aaaaand reported.

There is no need to toss insults and act like a child because i had a better point than you.