Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    You want warlocks purely for summon stones I imagine. Long raids means you're gonna need to bring in some subs.
    No they have 3 different curses that increase the damage to the boss for other classes there, like curse of elements and curse of recklessness.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    If you join a casual guild, your rate of progress will also be "eh."

If you're not clearing raids by the time the next tier releases, you're doing it wrong IMO.
    Yeah but top guilds will clear a raid in 3-4 hours after its release, if its anything like most private servers. Naxx is usually cleared in like 4 hours. A casual guild might take a few weeks sure but its not hard before next tier comes out if you have a few rets and boomkins.

Like MC can be easily pugged with anything, a stacked group will kill each boss in 60seconds before mechanics can even happen. If you have good group you can 20man it. BWL can be like 30maned with good group. AQ and Naxx is where you need full 40 and mostly decent groups to clear them early , but you can still have 1-2 rets and 1-2 boomkins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    Like MC can be easily pugged with anything, a stacked group will kill each boss in 60seconds before mechanics can even happen. If you have good group you can 20man it.
    I hope it won't be like the MC LFR, do you remember it?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    shaman off tank lul
    It works, they have pretty decent mitigation and crazy single target threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Djdizzy View Post
    True, but we aren't talking of raids ONLY filled with said classes. Itemization and class changes from 1.12 further pushes the pendulum in favor of vanilla raiding not being particularly hard. Yeah, I get that friction can fuck up any raid, and with 40 people it accumulates faster than with 10 or 20.
    No I'm really not talking about a raid with only those classes. I'm talking about any raid that has a combination of 10-15 of those within their 40 man roster. Those guilds will fail and no addon can carry a DPS class that can't perform because of tuning limitations. Why would anyone willingly bring 4 Ret Pallies that will do equivalent together to a single mediocre Fury Warrior? You can try to twist my words again, but the reality is, those guilds will fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I only made a mage because of polymorph.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes plus the usual "Classic is supposed to be about fun and community and nobody will care that you aren't the optimal class" delusions.
    But at the same time do not complain if you pick meme spec and then get sat when you hit a DPS gear check boss because....lol you DPS is terrible. Also remember that debuffs are limited so as a druid you are not able to use you bleeds or dots as part of your dps. Same goes with Ret pali's

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    You are using private server data, which is different from classic. Numbers are different, mechanics are different, results will be different.
    It was like that back in the day too... If anything private servers were more forgiving on non-"meta" classes/specs because of bugs... A lot of their abilities that weren't supposed to scale with AP/SP ended up doing so, making them a lot less worthless.. Ret for example, Consecrate scaled with Attack Power pretty excessively on Nost, wasn't supposed to scale at all, let alone to that degree, it was to the point where in a decent set of 55-60 dungeon blues rank one consecrate was ticking for more than max rank would on Blizzard's servers...

Some abilities were half broken, like Seal of the Crusader, it adds a boatload of AP (which adds to that consecrate bug) and attackspeed but is supposed to reduce the Paladins damage per swing, instead it just did the first 2, making it by far their strongest seal for PvE (when no other Ret Paladins were around)... I abused the hell out of that SotC+Cons bug, made leveling a breeze because R1 did respectable damage and cost basically no mana, and it made Ret's AoE marvelous in dungeons.

Many PServers also removed the debuff limit on mobs which opened the door for other bugs to be abused, like the fact that Judgment of the Crusader (increased Holy damage to target) wasn't supposed to stack with lower ranked versions of itself, but it did, a bunch of Rets in the same raid could put up 4-5 JotC buffs, and instead of getting +140 holy damage done to target you'd get +380-410 (which also increased the damage of consecrate).

Shit could get weird on Pservers if you abused the right bugs.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-08-17 at 05:45 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I bet top guild will have class specification but all the others raiding guilds will be easy and cool . So relax and play what you like .

good luck gearing 20 warriors and mages in one group lol.

People seem to forget how long it takes Warriors to actually became good. It's a long uphill slog to get to 60 and then geared enough for warrior as a "DPS" to be as good or better than many of the alternatives. Until high end MC/BWL you're mostly a wasted slot as DPS.

There's also a lot of utility and CC that warriors bring absolutely zero of that is required so...yeah.

My guild took 15 rogues on our first Instructor Razuvious kill.... these numbers look about right.

the hybrids, particularly shamans, will be sought after anyway. You cant "just" raid with resto shamans since you absolutely need those magic dispels from priests and bresses/innervates from druids and they have decent damage, offer alot of utility in wide variety of totems for practially any scenario from resist and cleanse totems to str, wf totems, even the more niche ones like tremor, grounding have their uses, tranquil totem for those pesky casters with high threat or for wing buffet bosses etc. there is also less competition on their loot, you will have what, 15 clothies per raid fighting for the same items? your 3 resto shamans and one ele will be fully decked months before them.

Warriors were the tanks, not the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Misaligned View Post
    There will be a lot of Warriors and Mages, yes. A few to several Rogues. No Boomkins. Maybe one Feral. A few to several Warlocks. 2 - 4 Hunters. Maybe 1 Shadow Priest.

This will vary a lot by guild and their goals but this gives you a general idea.
    "A few to several rogues" you clearly didn't play vanilla. Your raid will be half rogues, they're the top DPS until Fury warriors end of BWL and fire mages in AQ40
    Not to mention after the thunderfury meme for 15 years every player in existance thinks they'll level a rogue and get thunderfury so there will be....A LOT more than a "few"

Warrior won't be allowed in raid until BWL, if a raid lets in an Arms warrior in MC, they're not expecting to get very far. Arms was for pvp and fury didn't pull numbers until they had 2000-2200 AP.
    Mages there will be alot cause of frost against fire mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Warriors were the tanks, not the damage.
    So you didn't raid in Vanilla.

Warriors were the best Melee DDs. Rogues were not far behind, but still, brown beat yellow. Just like mages were better dds than warlocks, which also had to do with threat management, of course. It wasn't rare to have 8 - 10 warriors. They were a lot more dependant on gear, compared to mages and locks, which is why getting a warrior ready to raid was a considerably bigger time investment opposed to, lets say, a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So you didn't raid in Vanilla.

Warriors were the best Melee DDs. Rogues were not far behind, but still, brown beat yellow. Just like mages were better dds than warlocks, which also had to do with threat management, of course. It wasn't rare to have 8 - 10 warriors. They were a lot more dependant on gear, compared to mages and locks, which is why getting a warrior ready to raid was a considerably bigger time investment opposed to, lets say, a warlock.
    Warlocks actually end up being pretty top tier very late, pretty they sure they beat mages on a lot of Naxx fights except maybe the ignite one, they suck until ZG though, worse than hunters in most cases I believe. Warriors only get stronger and stronger though lol.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2019-08-17 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Warlocks actually end up being pretty top tier very late, pretty they sure they beat mages on a lot of Naxx fights except maybe the ignite one, they suck until ZG though, worse than hunters in most cases I believe. Warriors only get stronger and stronger though lol.
    It's not the damage that is the problem, it's that they cannot manage their threat as good. From my experience (13 years ago) mages stay on top. Not by a huge margin, of course. Another issue is that DoT slots are limited. And as @dipzz said, beginning of raiding rogues were better than warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    If you join a casual guild, don't expect to get through BWL though lol. People can say "oh it was easy" but even with the knowledge some of the best guilds struggled with encounters.
    Any guild with members used to raid will get through BWL. Don't pretend it is hard, it's a breeze and a gear check at most.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Djdizzy View Post
    Vanilla raiding isn't hard. If you join a guild that hardcore minmaxes, then yes. There wont be any boomkins or whatnot. If you join a casual guild, eh.
    Well, this is an easy question to answer, there was no boomkins in vanilla. So there won't be any in classic. Considering you had wrath and moonfire, and that was about it. You didn't get moonkin form.