Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    This is a great message from Blizzard.

I will try to make my community move now, with this hard proof that Shazz is way too overcrowded.

Thanks for keeping us informed Blizz!
    ye go for it

im sure crowd will follow

nobody sane will move away from best populated realms

just wait 6 month for announcement that due to too high ques they will keep layering.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye go for it

im sure crowd will follow

nobody sane will move away from best populated realms

just wait 6 month for announcement that due to too high ques they will keep layering.
    Depends. That overpopulated server might be filled with non-speaking english players, making it rather frustrating being the ones who does speak english.

Thats the biggest worry I have with so few servers.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    ESO, and every other MMO's out there do MEGAservers that have all the players in a SINGLE server.

Maybe you guys should invest in better tech? kk thanks for classic tho
    ESO, and every other Shit-Tier MMO like it, out there does MEGAservers. because they don't have the Populations to require multiple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    GL getting ppl to abandon their reserved names for the sake of lesser queues.
    Guessing many People will just try to get their name again on the other server or just go with a different name. Not everyone is so anal about the name their character has to the point they'd rather be in massive queues.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Depends. That overpopulated server might be filled with non-speaking english players, making it rather frustrating being the ones who does speak english.

Thats the biggest worry I have with so few servers.
    Speaking another language other then english in public channels isn't allowed on an english server so I'm not sure where that frustration would come from.

That is funny. They did not even edit the numbers of players for the european realm.

Very authentic, blizzard. Your PR team should have created different texts for europe and america.

With the biggest streamers all going on the same server, what were people execting to happen with the Q? kek is all i have to say

10+ Year Old Account
    Queues are part of the game back then so they should be now too.
    If you can't handle a queue get lost, it's not for you.

Also better idea to open servers 1 by 1, so a few months down the line we don't get people crying when a few of the realms die of or get to low pop.

3+ Year Old Account
    I don't care, I prefer to play in overpopulated server...

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    We wanted the standard server experience for classic. It's an "us" problem, not a "blizzard" problem.
    This is exactly what I thought.

Players: "We dont want any magic Mumbo Jumbo Quality of Life that you Invented since 2005, we want what we got back then"
    Blizzard: "Uhh, yea you should not all play on the same realm"
    Players: "Hey, other MMOs can also do that! Its 2019 ffs"

Quote Originally Posted by willemh View Post
    Speaking another language other then english in public channels isn't allowed on an english server so I'm not sure where that frustration would come from.
    Oh really? Thats not my experience playing wow since launch. Several servers I have played on have been affected by this. You login one day, and find out the whole eastern EU has migrated to your realm for some reason and suddenly english is the rare language. I have seen servers die out from this. Guilds changing servers. I was forced to move all of my characters because of this.

So allowed or not allowed, it happens. and its annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by iDruid View Post
    Even if there is the inevitable drop, the small number of large servers they have launched with will likely avoid any server becoming a "ghost town".

Honestly, People just want to complain.
    I´ll just throw this in, where is your Confidence that Classic will be da bomb when you are afraid that from two or three servers only one will have a proper Population?

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    If you let all people freely on these realms they cant turn off layering. It's literally in the blue post.

Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.

It's not like this is my opinion or something. This is fact.
    They can't turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 for those realms. I fail to see how that's a problem. So what that the layering on those realms takes until Phase 4 of their content drop? So what if the layering never phases out? At least those realms won't end up dead and merged, killing the communities.

How is of that everyone and their mother foresaw this with 2 pvp realms, but not blizzard? I know every company is struggeling finding capable people but damn.. the incompetence.

It's weird to see your reactions. I would move away from Shazzrah 100% if my guild wasn't adamant on staying. You don't understand what will be happening on this server. "Oh that's good it means the server will stay populated". No. It means queues that last DAYS if not WEEKS. You return home and want to play WoW for some time? Yeah good luck because you need to wait 3 hours first. And this will only increase because people faced with such massive queues will resort to all various ways of avoiding being logged out even when they go to sleep, like automatic key pressers.

Blizzard giving a warning means THEY DON'T INTEND TO DO ANYTHING TO HELP THOSE STUCK IN QUEUES. There won't be sudden Blizzard-side fix or increased server capacity. No. If you ignore the warning and still want to play on those realms, good luck to you. You are on your own.

Blizzard post also confirms that there WILL be removal of layering at the beginning of phase 2. Every realm is getting collapsed to a set population. Guess what is Blizzard's approach to realms that still have bigger population than allowed? QUEUES. So yeah prepare for even longer, multiple hour queues by the start of phase 2, if by some chance your realm stays at even 200% of allowed population. Blizzard's plan to achieve the required population is pissing off those who try to log in so much that they quit (or change server). These people were likely to quit in close future anyway. This is nothing new. This was done in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    It's weird to see your reactions. I would move away from Shazzrah 100% if my guild wasn't adamant on staying. You don't understand what will be happening on this server. "Oh that's good it means the server will stay populated". No. It means queues that last DAYS if not WEEKS. You return home and want to play WoW for some time? Yeah good luck because you need to wait 3 hours first. And this will only increase because people faced with such massive queues will resort to all various ways of avoiding being logged out even when they go to sleep, like automatic key pressers.

Blizzard giving a warning means THEY DON'T INTEND TO DO ANYTHING TO HELP THOSE STUCK IN QUEUES. There won't be sudden Blizzard-side fix or increased server capacity. No. If you ignore the warning and still want to play on those realms, good luck to you. You are on your own.

Blizzard post also confirms that there WILL be removal of layering at the beginning of phase 2. Every realm is getting collapsed to a set population. Guess what is Blizzard's approach to realms that still have bigger population than allowed? QUEUES. So yeah prepare for even longer, multiple hour queues by the start of phase 2, if by some chance your realm stays at even 200% of allowed population. Blizzard's plan to achieve the required population is pissing off those who try to log in so much that they quit (or change server). These people were likely to quit in close future anyway. This is nothing new. This was done in WoD.
    so what ?

in a year or 2 nobody will remember what ques were and you wont have to pay 100 + euro to transfer all allts from dead 3rd servers

most of people are in for a long game not for 2 months and unsub .

Quote Originally Posted by Samuraijake View Post
    why dont you just make an extra toon... with the same name.. on another server right now....
    Because they are limiting character creation to 3 still so even if people wanted do experiment with the idea of going to stalagg or another; we’d have to delete on Herod go do so and that’s not worth it to most

Well i moved to Gehennas and succeeded to reserv all the names i had on Shazzrah but reading throught the comments suggest i should feel bad about myself .

I don't really see what's so hard to fix about this. If one server is starting to look way too full, just lock it and force people to register characters on the other servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    10k players on a realm would be a medium realm on todays server.. so basically dead.
    I'm playing on a high and a full server and even on the high server that is a alliance dominated server boralus, stormwind und nazjatar are empty.
    Only the full server has enough players to not feel alone in the outside world.

If the highest classic server only reaches medium on it's starting day it's a stillbirth.

You can't compare things like "Yeah, what was full back then is medium today, it will be healthy" because nobody will be online for 10 hours a day just for grinding like a lot of people were 10 years ago. Every old game was about grinding and more grinding. Nobody is used to this today.
    read the blue again. they're talking about 10k waiting in queues, not 10k as overall population

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    If you let all people freely on these realms they cant turn off layering. It's literally in the blue post.

Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.

It's not like this is my opinion or something. This is fact.
    as long as you have layers active, people can abuse jumping between those layers just as connected servers... no cohesive world, jumping to rares, nodes and away from players you ganked...

layer hopping does not require an extensive LFG tool but just the ability to search for groups in a channel/friends/communities etc.