15+ Year Old Account

How the heck do I join a casual guild?

EDIT:
    People seem to focus on the wrong thing here. I just started playing AFTER A BREAK.

Original post:
    I've just started playing and I've been thinking to do some mythic dungeons and normal (maybe hc) raids. It's really hard to find a group without a guild and no prior experience.

So I gave "Find a guild" feature a try. I applied to some guilds that I thought looked interesting and had a lot of members. However, those guilds are not accepting me. They are not denying either, the request has just been sitting there for a week. Maybe "find a guild" has tons of dead guilds. I don't know.

I tried asking in chats but no reply.
    Blizzard forums don't have recruitment by realm (or battlegroup). Neither does mmo-champion.

Can you now join a guild on any realm as long as it's your faction and zone?
    Last edited by Strawberry; 2019-08-17 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I've just started playing and I've been thinking to do some mythic dungeons and normal (maybe hc) raids. It's really hard to find a group without a guild and no prior experience.

So I gave "Find a guild" feature a try. I applied to some guilds that I thought looked interesting and had a lot of members. However, those guilds are not accepting me. They are not denying either, the request has just been sitting there for a week. Maybe "find a guild" has tons of dead guilds. I don't know.

Blizzard forums don't have recruitment by realm (or battlegroup). Neither does mmo-champion.

You have had an MMO champ account over 10 years and just started playing wow?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    And with 2500 posts. That's one post a day except the weekends.

7+ Year Old Account
    This tried and true method still works: asking in Trade Chat or Looking For Group chat.

Also, hard to believe thread OP.

Wowprogress - check guilds on your realm that have progress within your interest range (let's say cleared heroic previous tier and didn't do mythic) - whisper officers in those guilds asking if they have spots and are interested in recruiting

If you aren't on some dead realm there's probably dozens of heroic guilds there, at least one is bound to have free spots.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-08-17 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    And with 2500 posts. That's one post a day except the weekends.
    Now now, be nice to him or he'll just blame you for harassing him too
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50270253

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've just started playing
    no you haven't. your post history indicates otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should PuG. Guilds are for mythic raids.

Nobody uses that feature.

Nobody uses chats.

The only healthy place to find a guild is wowprogress. But that works for mythic raiding. Though you can try to find casual guild too.
    You can try Blizzard forums too, as your activities are cross-realm, you don't really need guild for that, just some kind of "static".

No. But you can group with them. Guilds are living in discord actually.

I don't know about your server but you'll probably see guilds recruit in trade chat or general chat in Boralus/Stormwind/Orgrimmar, usually they will post what kind of guild they are too and whether they accept socials or not as well. Then just whisper whoever posted the message.

The guild finder feature is really interesting but it's very outdated now and kinda an old feature that was left behind and isn't really used. The thing is even if you're an officer in a guild, in order to see people who have "applied" through that feature you have to access the old guild roster layout through the command /guildroster and then go to the applications tab to see, there's no notifications or anything so even if you find an active guild, the chances they keep a regular eye on that tab is slim to none. I do think it's a neat feature that they should revamp and bring back though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Now now, be nice to him or he'll just blame you for harassing him too
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50270253
    Digging through my old posts. You're pathetic. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Or holding a grudge?

- - - Updated - - -

After a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    You should PuG. Guilds are for mythic raids.

Nobody uses that feature.

Nobody uses chats.

The only healthy place to find a guild is wowprogress. But that works for mythic raiding. Though you can try to find casual guild too.
    You can try Blizzard forums too, as your activities are cross-realm, you don't really need guild for that, just some kind of "static".

No. But you can group with them. Guilds are living in discord actually.
    It's a bit hard to pug without experience. All I have is LFR.

Digging through my old posts. You're pathetic. Don't you have anything better to do with your time? Or holding a grudge
    Talking about being pathetic.....?

And no, I quite literally had nothing better to do. Being a guildmaster of a casual guild means my people come and go as they please, do what they want when they want it. I don't really have to DO anything, so I can really just..... do whatever. And I don't remember us interacting before, so no reason to hold a grudge.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Talking about being pathetic.....?

And no, I quite literally had nothing better to do. Being a guildmaster of a casual guild means my people come and go as they please, do what they want when they want it. I don't really have to DO anything, so I can really just..... do whatever. And I don't remember us interacting before, so no reason to hold a grudge.
    What exactly is your problem with me?

What exactly is your problem with me?
    I didn't know I even had one

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to close this for a couple of reasons.

1. It got off to a bad start as the first post wasn't clear about the status and history of the player. Thereafter it was derailed.
    2. Then the OP couldn't just explain the mistake but had to start insulting people who misunderstood.

It's the last one that got it closed more than the first. If you want to remake the thread, feel free. It's always fine to say, "Sorry, I was unclear. Here's what I meant to say."

For most everyone else in the thread who didn't bother: just answering the question as best you can wouldn't hurt either instead of pointing out what was obviously a mistake on the part of the op and stopping there.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-08-17 at 06:20 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."