With Outlaw nerfs, what's best spec for M+

With the recent massive nerf to Outlaw, is it still the recommended Rogue spec for running Mythic+ dungeons? Or is Assassin now as good or better with their AOE in M+?

From my early experience (currently at +17/18 or so, so not bad, not top) if you manage to do at least double pack pulls, outlaw is still the best, varies from dungeon to dungeon... Toldagor is outlaw necessary because of the first boss... the whole dungeon especially on tyrranical is based on how you manage first boss. Underrot is outlaw favored aswell, because you by yourself can control the maggots (thanks to gouge) and dont have to go out of your way to stun them, you just have to time your BTE.... etc etc etc, i will not write a whole guide for each dungeon...

In case your group is pulling only 1 pack at a time, i would go Outlaw on fortified, Assa on tyrranical...

This is just a quick summary

Outlaw vs Assassination seems to be more relevant to your groups style/method of clearing. Even with nerfs Outlaw doesn't move too much in performance.

OT: Play whatever you want. I'm currently playing Assa and it's more than fine for me(not doing high M+, though still getting highest ilvl rewards from them, >10).

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Why are rogues so dramatic? It's not a massive nerf - outlaw is still very good, there probably is a choice between Sin and outlaw now depending on the dungeon and affixes - but that's a good thing anyway
    I don't agree. I wouldn't say that 15% overall isn't a massive nerf(because it is).

15% when you were like 10-20% ahead of everyone else? Not a big deal is it
    I'm not saying that it wasn't justified or that Outlaw wasn't OP. I'm just saying that 15% is a massive nerf. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    OT: Play whatever you want. I'm currently playing Assa and it's more than fine for me(not doing high M+, though still getting highest ilvl rewards from them, >10).

I don't agree. I wouldn't say that 15% overall isn't a massive nerf(because it is).
    id be more worried about the fact that groups are still running 2 of them. the next nerf is likely to be worse when (if) it comes.

Why are rogues so dramatic? It's not a massive nerf - outlaw is still very good, there probably is a choice between Sin and outlaw now depending on the dungeon and affixes - but that's a good thing anyway
    OP is not being dramatic at all. He is not saying that Outlaw is bad, he is just asking what the best spec for M+ is now. That's a fair question because with the right traits Assa can be a really awesome spec in M+.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    With the recent massive nerf to Outlaw, is it still the recommended Rogue spec for running Mythic+ dungeons? Or is Assassin now as good or better with their AOE in M+?
    Assassination can be super good for M+ but the AOE part requires you to have certain Azerite traits. Double Dose will not do you much good in M+. If you don't have multiple SS and Echoing Blades traits, then Assa cannot compete with Outlaw even after the nerfs.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    dont worry its still outlaw, but by all means cry more

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    id be more worried about the fact that groups are still running 2 of them. the next nerf is likely to be worse when (if) it comes.
    I don't think Blizzard will nerf Outlaw dps more, because that would ruin the spec completely for raiding.

Blizzard need to look at the distribution of utility in the game. A Fury Warrior will for example never be on a MDI team with the utility they currently have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    dont worry its still outlaw, but by all means cry more
    Nobody is crying. Assassination can be a really good spec for M+ and OP is just asking if it can compete with Outlaw now. That's not crying. That's a fair question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw.

10c.

Why are rogues so dramatic? It's not a massive nerf
    It is a big nerf, but a big nerf was needed.
    Stay classy mmo-champion

It is a big nerf, but a big nerf was needed.
    Nobody in this thread has said otherwise..

massive =/= big

Words mean different things

A massive nerf denotes that the spec is now undertuned to the point of not being competitive - while outlaw is still clearly a top spec. Yes, they received a big nerf, which was justified, but to say a massive nerf is just hyperbolic and false.

Don't reply to my posts if you're going to say something stupid please
    I just wondered, where in the wow dictionary am i to find this oddly specific definition of words?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

"Best spec" threads aren't allowed, plus there's a M+/Outlaw discussion thread already HERE. Closing.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.