Poll: Which class direction/addition would you want in the near future?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Future Class Direction

There has been a lot of talk about a new class. I'm curious which classes of the suggestions this community might want.

Well, this poll from earlier this week says Tinker and I am 100% on board with that.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...rred-New-Class

Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post
    Well, this poll from earlier this week says Tinker and I am 100% on board with that.

Doesn't show half of these.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tinker is the last big archetype missing from old games like Warcraft 3.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleShakes View Post
    Doesn't show half of these.
    They could easily be under "Other" which he literally put in case he missed one. So either, they chose that or they didn't really think of it in which case that's probably not one of the ones they'd choose.

I am all for a new bow/gun/crossbow class. Preferably Dark Rangers / Void Ranger.

Something melee and ranged hybrid, switching between melee and ranged DPS. Short range hit and run playstyle where you set up your taget and burst them down for the kill.

However i think there is room for many new archetypes i.e an anti-caster Warden(A) / Spellbreaker(H) with a tank / melee dps / ranged dps specs. They could have a blink that can be activated after enemy mobility CDs to follow, spell-reflects, silences and bonus damage during casting and after succsesful interrupts.

Necromancer could also be a good candidate, having a blood healing spec focused on stealing life and distributing it. Sacrificing your own health for big heals, buffing allies damage by boosting bloodflow (or something logical) for haste buff. A ranged dps soulbased spec focused on stealing souls and unleashing them in big waves of souls slowing and silencing anything hit, or use it as a singular intense stream stunning the taget. Maybe a bone summoner spec where you constantly have 4 changable pets each providing individual buffs and abilities. Unique ui that makes them stick around the necro. Abilities could work around them and the summon-combos individual abilities. Necro would have some bonespear spells, bone armor, summon big ass skeletons. They could even have a plague spec with poison clouds, potions, toxins.

There is also tinker, blademaster and dragonsworn, among many other. There are plenty of archetypes left to go through.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

I picked Tinker just to piss off all the people that create anti-tinker threads.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

5+ Year Old Account
    Other is here but Blade Master and Shadow Hunter isnt? deway? REEEEEE)
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-18 at 02:50 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

its gonna be dark ranger. hunter is the most popular class + sylvanas is the most popular char. it will be mega popular.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No new class, no new specs. Fix the boring messes we have right now.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    No new class, no new specs. Fix the boring messes we have right now.
    there will definitely be a new class. they will have to do something big to get people to come back after BFA's mess.

they also made demon hunters on top of revamping every class in legion + designing artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by RumbleShakes View Post
    There has been a lot of talk about a new class. I'm curious which classes of the suggestions this community might want.
    There is a thread with this same question (which class you want) barely four days ago. Was a new thread really necessary?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    there will definitely be a new class. they will have to do something big to get people to come back after BFA's mess.

they also made demon hunters on top of revamping every class in legion + designing artifacts.
    That something big can be a game fun to play. If the only way to enjoy the game is to roll a new class every other expansion then I'm out.

Make it so no matter what I roll I'm having fun. Undo the Prune, give every class new core mechanics.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people just cant accept that the Tinker is the most popular future class concept on MMOC.

Well a good start would be for it to have at least a ranged dps spec. Blizzard has never really explained why they have refused to add a single ranged dps spec to the game and I don't quite understand it. Maybe new players prefer melee thinking they are tankier or something? idk.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DotEleven View Post

Tinker makes sense, especially if they added Vulpera and Mechagnomes as the final allied races for BfA

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of dark ranger but its kind of already diluted down between other classes spells
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Well a good start would be for it to have at least a ranged dps spec. Blizzard has never really explained why they have refused to add a single ranged dps spec to the game and I don't quite understand it. Maybe new players prefer melee thinking they are tankier or something? idk.
    I don't think they outright refused to do it. Simply, DK, DH and Monk do not really have it in their class fantasy. You can theoretically squeeze ranged spec into DH and Monk but it would be a long stretch.
    Last edited by LorDC; 2019-08-18 at 12:07 PM.

I reslly really believe they should fix all the current speccs before they add a new one. If they want to introduce new ideas, they could do it with the existing classes.
    But really, before they should even think about new classes they should solve the problem of the current ones - and that is no small task in many (not all) cases.

There is at least one of these threads every week.

I still vote tinker. Every time.