Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Id say half are students that will slack for two weeks on studying, half work at normal jobs who took maybe a week off or so.
    I have a really good carreer as a Software Dev and I've taken a month unpaid leave for this :P
    Responsibilities sure, but most gfs were informed of this 6 months ago (mine was, so Im assuming others too). I need to go home to see my family in another country late september but other then that Ive planned ahead since the moment we found out the release date for this.

EDIT:
    People who are talking about health risks.

My dungeon group have scheduled 4x 30h sessions with 6-8h sleep inbetween, we've all individually tested this at home during weekends and seemed fine.
    Myself will be doing similar to kripps Diablo3 diet, dried fruits, nuts etc. And ONLY drinking water. Energy drink/coffee makes you more tired in the long run and will make you feel like shit. Im not really worried personally :P
    That's pathetic. A software job pays thousands a month and you'd going unpaid, giving up several thousand $$ for a 15 year old VIDEO GAME?

Some of you really need help.

If they’re paid well as a software dev they can likely afford a month off with no pay.

I have enough in the bank to support at least six months with no income from either me or my partner. It’s called being financially responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    I fully agree with you. But the goal to beat ragnaros in the first 168 hours makes things a little bit harder.
    17 + 168 = 185 hours no?

3pm PST US release = 17 hours prior to 8 am reset (Tuesday morning). Barring any downtime of course...
    <Multipass>

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    No one is arguing multiple weeks. The argument comes from claiming to be able to do it within the first week of launch.

- - - Updated - - -

WHy do you keep saying PS are harder when multiple videos have come out comparing some of the popular ones and they were either easier or on par with classic.
    95% of all the bugs reported to Blizzard resulted in Blizzard saying it's not a bug. What were those bugs? "The game is too easy!" No, it's not too easy, everyone was just playing on private servers where it was made harder or nostalgia is ruining their memory. It's a very known fact that private servers were made more difficult. Blizzard has said it on several occasions throughout their slew of bug-fixing posts. If you care, go find them. If you don't, then we can't convince you anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That's pathetic. A software job pays thousands a month and you'd going unpaid, giving up several thousand $$ for a 15 year old VIDEO GAME?

Some of you really need help.
    If you have enough money that you can easily afford a month off, then I don't think it matters. I've taken plenty of unpaid leave myself due to simply wanting time off for something or not wanting to use my vacation time for something. I don't suffer financially, but it allows me to do things I want. I think it's more pathetic that people really prioritize jobs over everything else in life. You should only work as hard as you need to provide, otherwise, life sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupenbritz View Post
    Myself will be doing similar to kripps Diablo3 diet, dried fruits, nuts etc. And ONLY drinking water. Energy drink/coffee makes you more tired in the long run and will make you feel like shit.
    I want to read more about the Kripp diet.

I seriously don't even know where to begin. Grats on trying to create a controversy? I mean if they don't realize the potential from method and limit streams, they are stupid. If they do, I hope they can live up to the quality.....which unfortunately will NOT even come close to happening.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2019-08-17 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    No one is arguing multiple weeks. The argument comes from claiming to be able to do it within the first week of launch.

- - - Updated - - -

WHy do you keep saying PS are harder when multiple videos have come out comparing some of the popular ones and they were either easier or on par with classic.
    Wrong. Are you crazy? I'm not even sure if I should bother but I'm dumb and do anyways.

Literal indisputable math shows that, for example, in dungeons you gain MORE XP PER MOB on Classic than Private Servers and the mobs hit for SIGNIFICANTLY LESS DAMAGE and die EASIER. This is actual objective reality.

An example that made me laugh while practicing on beta - on private servers, the level 8 frost mage skeletons in Agamand hills would legit kill me in 4-5 casts at most. Agroing more than one was guaranteed death and they were rough to solo.

On beta/stress, each cast did at most 6% of my life. They were a joke. My whole group that played a lot of private servers were just amazed at how insignificant every mob was - the caster murlocs, etc. It's easier on live, sorry mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkyjunky View Post
    Its possible to complete the chain in one reset and summon Ragnaros.
    no its not, you will see - but hey why listen to people who actually played vanilla, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxsz View Post
    You know a lot of streamers make millions of dollars a year, right? You must have a pretty sweet job.
    *citation needed
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    *citation needed
    There's a couple but the numbers is quite low.

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    no its not, you will see - but hey why listen to people who actually played vanilla, eh?
    Farm rep outside MC, get quest to kill 4 bosses, get Water. Run back and forth a lot to douse all runes, summon Majordomo. Kil Majordomo. Summon Rag.

Please explain to my ignorant mind what part of that you can't do in 1 reset?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    While I love seeing what people can accomplish when they push, this concerns me a bit because people are gonna be putting their health at risk.

I’d be in favor of a week 1 level cap of 50 just to get some limited moderation.
    It's not more unhealthy than the races on retail. And one week of intense gaming hardly does any long term harm to you. Get some hours of sleep and you're fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sariengrey View Post
    pfft, ok ."A lot" of streamers, you are talking outliers. No way a lot of people are making millions. Some? yes, but it is not the norm. I'm sure most make squat or enough to stay living with Mom. Adults can make their own decisions, if they decide to play 20 hours a day for a week so be it and as an adult I can make the decision to say these people are stupid. Its not really hate or toxic, its more like how immature are these people? they must have 0 RL responsibilities. No one is getting rich off a Rags kill, what will they make, 5k? 10k? maybe 20k? is that each? (doubtful, I personally don't believe these people saying this will) and even if they did....that's not rich or worth your health(aka not sleeping...)

Honestly if you are an adult who makes the conscious decision to sleep like 12 hours over the course of the week to do something like this your not much of an adult at all. Yep.
    Speaking of being immature, you reak of it.

Why all the hate towards people who do what they love? Is your life that miserable?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Using private server as reference for something is unwise. On my private server for example the tanks got wrecked by the molten core trash without crit & crush immunity.

It also depends strongly on key classes. You can bring 16 dps at level 58, as long as the tank survives.
    Ignoring Private Server information is unwise. Did they get some stuff wrong? yes. Did they get literally EVERY SINGLE durotar quest atleast slightly wrong? yeah, spawn points were off, when u could pick them up was wrong (level, pre-quests, etc) The XP values was also off on most of them, The drop rates were Horribly wrong. So do i expect it to be exactly like private servers? no, I expect it to be even easier. I was 9 years old in Vanilla, so raiding wasn't really possible as I wasn't in control of my own schedule. So i mostly pvp'ed, but I knew some people etc, and the biggest guild on my Server, Semper Danica on Ravencrest boosted me through a few. my very first raid with them was MC, after ZG had released. they got me in on a Split-run. Half this raid was alts, and then a few special snowflakes like me were sprinkled in who had no clue what they were doing, and what the heck consumeables were used. I just brought health pots and food. 48 minutes and the entire raid was cleared. they had speed runs, and i may remember wrong, but i remember being told their speed runs took 20 minutes.

That guild, Those people, with those characters and that gear clearing MC in 48 minutes while having retards like me in tow and dishing out loot? it's not even a question in my mind that Nost, Elysium, and even Kronos overtuned MC. and even with them heavily overtuning it. It was STILL a joke of a raid compared to the later raids, which granted, they very well may have overtuned as well.

can't really talk about ur experience with MC trash, but sounds to me like either ur tanks suck, or your healers suck, I've never seen anything like what you described, but then again I don't know which server you are talking about, so maybe your server just sucks. all i can extrapolate from that is that something or someone sucks.

Only relevant key classes is the tanks. 2 out of 40 members that obviously need to be level 60 with a modicum of gear that they get during the levelling process on classic as the tanks will be warriors, and Dungeon grinding is twice as fast for warriors, so every warrior in a guild aiming for first reset raggy will dungeon level. which means they will farm the dungeons that drop their pre-raid BIS while levelling. which means they will have more than enough gear by the time they hit 60 which should be between 3-4 days /played unless something majorly fucks up, since 3 days /played is the current time for dungeon levelling on Pservers, which once again were significantly overtuned in dungeons.
    Source - https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/...ic_vs_private/ and every stream and video talking about dungeons on the classic beta.

So, they play classic, like everyone plays retail. Nice. Why not try to go for World First Queen instead?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Not sleeping for a week will lead to hallucinations about half way through and later on psychosis. They won't be killing anything in that state. Account sharing is the only way but it's also against the TOS and will get them banned so they won't be killing anything then either.
    Where are sleeping strategies where you only sleep 2 hours a day and be perfectly fine. Need years of training though and very very strict sleeping schedule OR you could be lucky and got some sick genes going for you.

Either way its possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    can't really talk about ur experience with MC trash, but sounds to me like either ur tanks suck, or your healers suck, I've never seen anything like what you described, but then again I don't know which server you are talking about, so maybe your server just sucks. all i can extrapolate from that is that something or someone sucks.
    Our server just got heavily overtuned. A crit or sometimes a crushing blow easily resulted in a one-shot at nearly armor cap. The reason why feral druids didn't worked as tanks even in exorbitant min-maxed gear on our server. ZG at best. Bosses had 5 times more hp than retail. the players dps output on the other hand were precisely researched and nearly on point with retail vanilla. Additionally to that world buffs and flask were also disabled in naxxramas, just to make naxxramas as brutal as it should be.

Not sleeping for a week will lead to hallucinations about half way through and later on psychosis. They won't be killing anything in that state. Account sharing is the only way but it's also against the TOS and will get them banned so they won't be killing anything then either.
    I survived just fine with an average of 3 hours of sleep every day, for a couple of months before I started on sleep medication due to insomnia.

Also "not sleeping for a week" =/= "intense gaming for a week". One week with only powernaps won't do them any harm, as long as they eat healthy and stay hydrated (and dont chug 6 redbulls every hour).

Also, the record for no sleep is 11 days, and he survived. He fully recovered, and only had some issues the last few days (aka over a week in), which included hallucinations and short term memory loss.
    Personally, I've gone as far as 5 days without sleep, back when my insomnia was at its worst. Was a fun trip, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2019-08-18 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I want to read more about the Kripp diet.
    Youtube:
    [Diablo 3] Prep #2: The End of Days / Nolife Mode

From Kripparian :P

- - - Updated - - -

My groups schedule is something like this, gives us 132h to play during first week and we estimate we only need 116 to 60, meaning we can squeeze in another 16h sleep towards the end when we know better how good our estimates were.
    We are not account sharing and we are pretty confident on doing MC first week. (sorry if formatting gets ruined)

Wednesday 28th00:00 First Push
    33h
    Thursday 29th 09:00 First break
    6h
    15:00 Second Push
    33h
    Saturday 31st 00:00 Second Break
    6h
    06:00 Third Push
    33h
    Sunday 1st 15:00 Third Break
    6h
    21:00 Final Push
    33h
    Tuesday 3rd 06:00 Final break
    6h
    12:00 RAID

And I've been testing a bit with being up 33h and only sleeping 6h and it's been fine. Extra motivation during release will help it.
    I've also been up 70h straight at Dreamhack a few years back without any issues at all, tho the constant loud hardstyle music did help
    Last edited by Rupenbritz; 2019-08-18 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Farm rep outside MC, get quest to kill 4 bosses, get Water. Run back and forth a lot to douse all runes, summon Majordomo. Kil Majordomo. Summon Rag.

Please explain to my ignorant mind what part of that you can't do in 1 reset?
    Wrap their heads around the fact that a lot of things in Vanilla took so long because nobody knew what they were doing.

Ppl rememebering Classic as a difficulty game are funny. I cleared both MC and Bwl as a 13 year old

Quote Originally Posted by Koken View Post
    Ppl rememebering Classic as a difficulty game are funny. I cleared both MC and Bwl as a 13 year old
    I mostly remember basically every single hunter being afk. Inlcuding actually having to tell them that the boss is dead, or they'd just keep standing there. And Onyxia being done by a 5 man group, maybe even 4. Before Naxx.