View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    UK financial services alone were bringing 44 billion pounds of profits to UK in 2017; and this service is supposed to be value-adding for their EU customers.

"EU budget" clearly doesn't compare to that.
    Thanks for your noncontribution once again, it is as always useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You throw it around as though the billions that the UK pays are loose change, they are not.

How is the loss to the EU being made up then? If you generous Austrians were to try every one of you would have to pay 1000 euro each. Every year.

Alternatively the UK could buy a new aircraft carrier. Every year.
    Or build a dozen new hospitals. Every year.

Those billions are not small beer, the EU is bankrupt without them. In fact if it were a UK LTD company continuing to trade with its financial situation it would be criminal. It's trading whilst insolvent... Juncker and co would be thrown in jail.
    So some will have to pay more, while others will receive less. Like... anytime a new member joined. Do you really think that the politicians in Brussels are running around right now in utter chaos and that the EU declares bankruptcy on November 1st?

Oh... looking at your government, i can guess where you get this idea

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    You throw it around as though the billions that the UK pays are loose change, they are not.

How is the loss to the EU being made up then? If you generous Austrians were to try every one of you would have to pay 1000 euro each. Every year.

Alternatively the UK could buy a new aircraft carrier. Every year.
    Or build a dozen new hospitals. Every year.

Those billions are not small beer, the EU is bankrupt without them. In fact if it were a UK LTD company continuing to trade with its financial situation it would be criminal. It's trading whilst insolvent... Juncker and co would be thrown in jail.
    Sure, you'll do just that.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Thanks for your noncontribution once again, it is as always useless.
    I'm not sure why you tout contributions to EU budget when impact is clearly going to be a lot more pronounced elsewhere - and those considerations are going to have much higher weight then EU budget.

"UK money" is not just contributions to EU budget.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure why you tout contributions to EU budget when impact is clearly going to be a lot more pronounced elsewhere - and those considerations are going to have much higher weight then EU budget.
    Because we weren't talking about that. I know you get confused at times about what topic is being discussed, no, let me rephrase that, you get confused at all times what topic is being discussed.

Bye

Because we weren't talking about that. I know you get confused at times about what topic is being discussed, no, let me rephrase that, you get confused at all times what topic is being discussed.
    I went back and it started from your question on why EU will give extension if asked.

As such it is perfectly relevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    I went back and it started from your question on why EU will give extension if asked.

As such it is perfectly relevant.
    Well then maybe try quoting the correct posts next time.

Enough time wasted on your nonsense.

Well then maybe try quoting the correct posts next time.
    You are first one who mentioned EU budget figure, and i offered different perspective on where real "UK money" actually lie.

So the post was right as well.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    if those UK services want to do business with EU, they will have to move their asses (aka offices, if you prefere) to EU. their revenues are lost to UK budget.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    if those UK services want to do business with EU, they will have to move their asses (aka offices, if you prefere) to EU. their revenues are lost to UK budget.
    Moving million of jobs isn't an easy feat even if you would set your mind to do that.

Unless it will be just nominal offices still served by UK infrastructure...

I believe you mean "they have are moving their asses or have already moved them"; the Economist did in June report that 1 out of 16 trillion pounds had already moved to EU27, and EU government bonds are now traded in Milan (half a trillion pound in trading per year), and almost 300 big financial firms had begun some move from London.

However, they also indicate that only about a quarter of the 2 million financial related-jobs are directly related to EU (i.e. at most half a million jobs at risk); anyone discussing millions of jobs is uninformed.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    I believe you mean "they have are moving their asses or have already moved them"; the Economist did in June report that 1 out of 16 trillion pounds had already moved to EU27, and EU government bonds are now traded in Milan (half a trillion pound in trading per year), and almost 300 big financial firms had begun some move from London.

However, they also indicate that only about a quarter of the 2 million financial related-jobs are directly related to EU (i.e. at most half a million jobs at risk); anyone discussing millions of jobs is uninformed.
    yes yes, they moved already assets and jobs worth a fortune. the point was those assets and jobs do now contribute to UK not longer, but benefit EU.
    luring businesses away from UK into EU will continue, but with office jobs it is of course a bit easier done than with a plant with supply chains etc.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why are we sure the EU will offer an extension?
    Because they said so?

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Because they said so?
    uuuh, any promises they made i dont know of yet ? EU is currently at ''WA or nothing'' stance, no sugarcoats.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    uuuh, any promises they made i dont know of yet ?
    They made it clear an additional extension would be granted for a second referendum or a general election.

Not that it particularly matters though as the European court ruled that the UK can suspend/revoke article 50 without needing permission from the EU anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because they said so?
    I couldn't find anything that they did.

- - - Updated - - -

Not that it particularly matters though as the European court ruled that the UK can suspend/revoke article 50 without needing permission from the EU anyway.
    What now? Why does it not matter? Revoking article 50 is entirely different from getting another extension.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bojo will be in Paris and Berlin at Tue and Wed next week and at G7 summit end of the next week. UK will know it is ''no deal'' by then and could act accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bojo will be in Paris and Berlin at Tue and Wed next week and at G7 summit end of the next week. UK will know it is ''no deal'' by then and could act accordingly.
    Going to be some amusing footage considering how awkward and clumsy bj is, especially when it comes to matters of state with other heads of state.

Quote Originally Posted by Riversong View Post
    Nah you're joking arnt you, these brainwashed idiots will either accept it or just call it more fake news like they usually do or their best idea is to blame someone else like... the EU, yeah... it's got to be their fault.
    I mean, to be honest... that is democracy. If they want to live like that, who are we to judge.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they said so?
    I think you're thinking of what the EU said before they granted the extension the UK is currently in. I don't think it was meant for the time beyond this extension.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear reality starts to hit home...

Free movement for EU citizens will end on day one of a no-deal Brexit, under new Home Office plan. Priti Patel, the new hardline home secretary, is pressing for border restrictions to be imposed immediately on 31 October, even though no replacement system is ready.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9064376.html

Tell me something eurochums if you are living and working in the UK, perhaps moved here like millions of other EU refugees recently, are you worried that you might go abroad on holiday or visit your homeland to see friends and relatives and not be able to re-enter the UK?

Oh well I hear Bognor is nice on a wet and windy winter weekend break, best stick to holidaying there...
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"