Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Trolls, Fanboys and Pissed off Former Wow Players meet the exception to the norm, the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Mythics are good.

Jaina fight and BoD was fun. Eternal Palace was good. Still havent full cleared heroic.

WPvP was great pre-flight; WPvP still fun if you deepcoral pod (only way to survive divebombs).

Story is fun.

Rated Bgs are fun and competitive at 2k+.

Why so much hate for this expansion. Legion and BFA have been a blast.
    Legion has been the best expansion I've played. And I've played them all.

BfA just feels like a watered down version of it. It is not as bad as WoD, though.

Well it's not Wod Bad and it's not Wotlk good.

It's in between, right under Legion and MoP

The reason why this expansion sucks for most is because every new feature they introduced is horrible.

The island expeditions:Boring
    Warfronts:Wasted opportunity
    Azerite gear:A disaster

Things like raids ,rbg's,mythics dungeon have been around for a while and will always be fun for a certain group of people.
    Warmode is great but not for everyone.
    Story taste is different for everyone.

I've seen worse than BfA to put it that way, a lot worse as well.

Few pointers:
    Cons
    - Gear is too easy to get, it's everywhere and you power up a bit too fast
    - Faction war story is lackluster and boring.
    - Azerite Armor system wasn't good enough
    - Professions are lacking, and needs to be improved upon
    - Warfronts and Island Expedition wasn't as good as we hoped

Pros
    - Raids and mythic+ are still awesome
    - Essence system is a major improvement over Azerite Armor
    - N'Zoth could be the thing that saves the lackluster story so far
    - Heroic Warfont is a step in the right direction
    - Alt catch-up is were it should be, not too easy or too hard

All subjective of course, but that's what I think about BfA. I am still enjoying it(I enjoyed WoD too, just less). Every base thing in the game is still here, dungeons/raids, guilds, Battlegrounds, Arenas etc. WoW is still a good game, it could have some game design improvements, just like every expansion/vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Precisely the lost power, and TBH most classes never really get it back. Like i said in post from last page; my veng DH main in legion could solo a 40 man raid team of my veng DH in BFA.

you should never lose that much power leveling up in an rpg. It just does not feel good to be able to say "My guy from last expac -10 levels ago could totally kick my ass now". i honestly can't think of another MMORPG where you get that much weaker while gaining levels?
    Elder Scrolls Online - and it's the same problem: level scaling. It just doesn't work this way. In ESO you're significantly more powerful on level 15 then you are at level 49 (50 is max level) - at 49, although you have more skills and better equipment, you're basically the weakest form of yourself.

WoW in BfA did the same with scaling - on 110 you're way more powerful than fresh on level 120 which makes absolutely no sense. In Legion it wasn't halfway as bad as scaling is in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Pros
    - Essence system is a major improvement over Azerite Armor
    It is but only because Azerite Armor has been one of the most underveloped and worst features overall in years of WoW. Does that make Essences good? If they went out and gave classes specific essences I would agree. But by making 95% of all essences just the same for every class it's just another boring and not very creative feature. An essence system in 8.0 with class specific essences could have saved a lot of BfA though as it would have worked as replacement for tier sets, legendaries and artifacts. This now... is a band-aid on a bullet hole.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It is but only because Azerite Armor has been one of the most underveloped and worst features overall in years of WoW. Does that make Essences good? If they went out and gave classes specific essences I would agree. But by making 95% of all essences just the same for every class it's just another boring and not very creative feature. An essence system in 8.0 with class specific essences could have saved a lot of BfA though as it would have worked as replacement for tier sets, legendaries and artifacts. This now... is a band-aid on a bullet hole.
    Looking away from Azerite Armor system I still think the Essence system is good when it comes to the acquisition part, it gives you proper goals and it's a clear direction what you have to do to get what you want.

Making more different ones for every class, sure, that would be a lot better. But I think if they had this from the start, then they could have done just that. Like you say, it is a band-aid and I would guess they didn't have time enough to do class/spec spesific ones. There are some of the Essences that I really like, but I agree with what you propose.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    and utter lack of difficulty.
    The issue is not that there's no difficulty. It's that a game in which there is a wide range of difficulties is a game fighting against itself.

In such a game, players become stratified by performance. The good players play together, the mediocre players player together, and the bad players are forced to play with each other. Playing with someone below your level is an act of charity, one that holds you back or at least wastes your time, and the impulse to do it eventually wears off.

Now, the hardcores will say go back to a game with no easy content, but that's obviously stupidly wrong and would cause the game to immediately implode.

So, the solution would have to be eliminate the higher difficulty levels that pull the player population apart. Some of the best players would be bored and leave, but they don't really matter all that much (Blizzard may disagree on that, but I think that's one of the places where Blizzard has been actively harming itself over the years; "it's not what you don't know that hurts you, it's what you think you know that's wrong.")
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I've enjoyed it too, kept some breaks during it like every expansion, but this time around the catchups have been enough to get me back into raiding shape in notime without the need of getting boosted.

My only real gripe being Horde story. Suddenly turning from a Hero who lead armies against the Legion into a retard that can't think was pretty weird to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Said like somebody who never killed mythic jaina at content.

That fight was cancer, absolute cancer, the dev who made it should be taken out back.
    I've stated in this thread several times that I do heroic level. PvP (rbg's) is my end-game. I do PvE for the trinkets and some BiS gear, I also enjoy PvE, but it's not something I'm going do at a mythic level. Been there done that back in the Uldular Hard Modes and BT/Hyjal in BC.

Also, if the last boss of PvE end-game on Mythic is hard, then that's a good thing, you may have made me reconsider by absence from high-end raiding. I personally enjoyed wiping 2100 times on Archimonde during BC. Guess I'm a masochist.

Elder Scrolls Online - and it's the same problem: level scaling. It just doesn't work this way. In ESO you're significantly more powerful on level 15 then you are at level 49 (50 is max level) - at 49, although you have more skills and better equipment, you're basically the weakest form of yourself.

WoW in BfA did the same with scaling - on 110 you're way more powerful than fresh on level 120 which makes absolutely no sense. In Legion it wasn't halfway as bad as scaling is in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

No, in legion mobs also scaled up with your ilvl, not JUST your level. Now i tipple shot 100k mobs. So it was even worse.

Azerite armor is one of the BEST features in WoW. Not only you don't need to raid to get your set which locked majority of population out of having band-aid for your class, but also doesn't take away 6 slots of equipment like in legion (often previous two set were better than any gear you could find).

https://www.darklegacycomics.com/comics/612.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    *inb4 the Classic Zealots start flaming and derail the thread.*
    In b4 the whiteknights.. "

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, in legion mobs also scaled up with your ilvl, not JUST your level. Now i tipple shot 100k mobs. So it was even worse.

Azerite armor is one of the BEST features in WoW. Not only you don't need to raid to get your set which locked majority of population out of having band-aid for your class, but also doesn't take away 6 slots of equipment like in legion (often previous two set were better than any gear you could find).

https://www.darklegacycomics.com/comics/612.jpg
    No it wasn't. Legion never felt as bad as BfA does in this regard.

And Azerite armor one of the best features in WoW? Haha. Even Blizzard acknowledged how bad Azerite armor is / is perceived and they usually don't do stuff like this. But yeah, best feature ever.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    BFA is simply put tailored towards a very different audience than the game used to. BFA is in many ways the culmination of all the things players has asked for, whether they actually knew it'd reduce their overall enjoyment of the game or not.
    The issue is the ultra-speed reward structure, and utter lack of difficulty.
    BFA could've been amazing but WoW has gone too far into the "modern gamer" design path.

Ever realize just how little point there is to going out of your way to attain anything? Be it professions, zone-specific rewards, gear in general. If you don't have a decent m+ group, or raid guild, what are you working towards, when content is so easily clearable no matter how low your ilvl is?

There was a time when even non-raiders could have decently challenging content worth doing, somewhere to give the gear they earned an arena to shine in. Even if the highest level of content you did was heroic dungeons (ignoring LFR), heroic dungeons wasn't designed around being 15 minute facerolls. If you were a better geared healer, you actually noticed that people die less. Now people barely even die if they ignore mechanics entirely. As a tank you enjoyed seeing bosses that used to smash your face in become more and more manageable. As dps you enjoyed seeing bosses that used to take so long to go down the healer was running on fumes, start to go down quicker thanks to your increased dps compared to when you hit maxlevel.

The game has shifted away from all of that in favor of just making sure any alt can jump into the latest raid within a week of hitting maxlevel. All PvE content that doesn't require a focused, preferably premade group, has become so pathetically easy to do that it may as well be a cutscene because it is designed around you instantly winning. Zone quests are literally only telling a story, you're never supposed to actually be in danger of failing. Same with dungeons, IEs, Warfronts (non-heroic), zones like Nazjatar.

You end up with "big bads" of zones who die by the end of their voicelines. There are no challenges, no chance of failing, and worst of all, you don't actually care about gear upgrades because compared to zones, warfronts, IEs, heroic dungeons, it's as if you were decked in raid gear from the moment you hit 120. You start the game overpowered. You don't start as a weakling and become godlike, you are already godlike, and the only thing better gear gives you, is a higher ranking on Skada after killing a boss you've already facerolled a hundred times already.

A lot of people enjoy BFA, but there's a shitton of people who do not enjoy the direction the game has gone.
    It's been similar to playing Diablo 2 and seeing it eventually turn into a Diablo 3 season.
    For a lot of people Diablo 3 seasons are their cup of tea, come in, faceroll for a few hours and leave again, but don't act surprised when the D2 players are still around being pissed about it.
    They made BFA for every players vs just some players and thats why imho why its hated heck game is not even raid or dung only anymore as well.

It's a 6/10 expansion for me. The only thing that has bothered me are: some parts of the story (too much focus on Sylvanas/Saurfang spread among multiple patches), the azerite gear and the RNG of island expedition rewards.

I would have enjoyed this expansion a lot more probably if the main bad of 8.0 and 8.1 were the Drust. I loved the drustvar storyline and the models used there

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    8.2 is the best patch in wow history.
    I agree it is!heck it even feels like a final patch so atleast for me if they released one more patch BFA would have blow my mind off my body very soon in awesomeness1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    I've enjoyed it too, kept some breaks during it like every expansion, but this time around the catchups have been enough to get me back into raiding shape in notime without the need of getting boosted.

My only real gripe being Horde story. Suddenly turning from a Hero who lead armies against the Legion into a retard that can't think was pretty weird to say the least.
    I really think there's a lot more than meets the eye for Sylvanas. It's no coincidence that she sent Nathanos over Nazjatar with Xal'atoth. Just because they're not spoon feeding us all the information that Sylvanas is keeping secret from everyone (include the players!) doesn't mean she's not acting on that information.

She obviously has been witness to something quite terrible and has reacted in a manner similar to Sargeras (killing the world to save the world!). It's also obvious that we're going to find out soon.

Also, the Faction Conflict of BFA was obviously designed (from the very start) to eliminate the factions in the next expansion. New factions will arise (pro/anti Old God) but Alliance/Horde will finally be settled (although, as Pyromancer and Accolonn say, this is prue speculation and could be total BS!).

No it wasn't. Legion never felt as bad as BfA does in this regard.

And Azerite armor one of the best features in WoW? Haha. Sure mate, whatever.
    Yes it did felt bad, it felt even worse as mobs took roughly the same amount of time to kill. You just forgot this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...th_item_level/

"Sure mate, whatever." is not valid counter-argument. I haven't seen even one good argument why tier sets were better (because they are not, not even remotely close).

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    - there was like one gated grind so far this expac and like 2 in legion
    We have so far:
    - Honorbound/7th Legion rep for War Campaign
    - Zandalari Empire rep for Shadow Hunter
    - Champions of Azeroth rep for MOTHER storyline
    - AP grind to unlock dragon storylines(this is so far one that isn't timegated)
    - Rustbolt rep for Mechagon storyline
    - Nazjatar bodyguards for Nazjatar storyline

This expansion is horrible for someone who plays for the story.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

What's up with all the people disregarding criticism because it's "subjective"? It's not like we've got a stone tablet telling us what the game should be like in order to be good.

Personally, there was just nothing about BfA that managed to pique my interest. Class design remains simplified as hell, PvE content is not interesting to me (especially not M+), PvP is shit since they decided to get rid of PvP gear, the story is bland and full of stupid retcons. The list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by horbindr View Post
    the launch content for BFA was very weak. the character feature transition from end of legion to start of BFA was just embarassing.

8.2 is a good (not great) patch but we shouldn't have had to wait a year for it.
    8.2 is horrible. We get two zones with incredibly short storylines hidden behind endless grind.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.