Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think it'll happen but it'll be a "skin" type of thing instead of an actual class.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    How did DH's not make sense in the demon expansion?
    Thematically yes it made sense, but I mean as far as gameplay goes.

We just got off of the last class being a leather-wearing agility class that uses mobility as a selling point and driving mechanic for a class, even complete with a frontal dash that damages targets you move through (chi torpedo). Demon hunter on a design level was almost totally parasitic and brought pretty much nothing new to the table except edgelords with warglaives.

me personally i don't expect it to be a brand new class but i would like to see it as a purely cosmetic "skin" of sorts for all hunter specs maybe unlocked via a short to medium length quest line giving them pale skin and hair with red eyes and more shadow themed spell effects just purely cosmetic with no difference in damage

Quote Originally Posted by Grmmppff View Post
    While that proves a little harder, I'm sure there's ppl with very absurd wishes, racist wishes, psychotic wishes and so on. Imagine a Horror-Clown-Class, or a Nazi-Class.
    Was figuring as much, I was talking in context of this thread.

The rumor was strong as the beginning of the expansion when Sylvanas was everywhere, but it's died down considerably since to Tinker/Necromancer/4th specs/Class re-skins.

My money would still be on Necromancer and Class re-skins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    The rumor was strong as the beginning of the expansion when Sylvanas was everywhere, but it's died down considerably since to Tinker/Necromancer/4th specs/Class re-skins.

My money would still be on Necromancer and Class re-skins.
    Sylvanas is being saved for 8.3 so the Necromancer/Dark Ranger stuff will be brought up again.

Blizz introducing Night Elf Dark Rangers (so Alliance can have them too) is a big hint that it'll actually be a thing.

You know better what's best for others ? I don't like avocados, should everybody forbidden to like them, to eat them ? It's not because you don't like something that is good enough for it to never happen, you're singular, not plurial.

Let's be happy they add a new class to the game (wich will happen) and that's it. You don't like it, don't play it. No one is forcing you. Stop enforce your completly Bias point of view to others, and may be this world will become a bit better. Now you can change Dark ranger by whatever you want (religion, sexuality, blablabla).

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Thematically yes it made sense, but I mean as far as gameplay goes.

We just got off of the last class being a leather-wearing agility class that uses mobility as a selling point and driving mechanic for a class, even complete with a frontal dash that damages targets you move through (chi torpedo). Demon hunter on a design level was almost totally parasitic and brought pretty much nothing new to the table except edgelords with warglaives.
    Double jump and glide was one of the main reasons i tried that class out myself .

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Imagine getting mad about what other people wants...
    Everything in this game was implemented because people demanded it. Not knowing if it was good for the game or not. Yes that includes no outworld stuff to do in WoD (MOP people were demanding no dailies and just run into raid.), also things like AP (We want to continue to gain an type of XP that can go on forever), non spec wide AP (well if they made it just for one item that was for the character). etc etc etc etc. Everything Blizzard added someone cried for it on the forums either here or in official ones.

Also means that what people cried for they cry against and a lot of them are the same faces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    If they add Dark Ranger to the game, I just don't know how a Marksman Hunter would want to play their spec anymore. To me that's the challenge.
    The same reason I play MM > BM right now. If Dark Ranger has to hold some kind of pet it's immediately dead on arrival for me because pet AI is still poor (This isn't a blizz thing, pet AI basically in any game is just bad).

TBH Dark Ranger can just be old style SV with minor changes. That was the DoT spec, which many dark ranger skills were. Plus I'd love a lone wolf version of the old SV spec << >>

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Everything in this game was implemented because people demanded it. Not knowing if it was good for the game or not. Yes that includes no outworld stuff to do in WoD (MOP people were demanding no dailies and just run into raid.), also things like AP (We want to continue to gain an type of XP that can go on forever), non spec wide AP (well if they made it just for one item that was for the character). etc etc etc etc. Everything Blizzard added someone cried for it on the forums either here or in official ones.
    Probably amounts to how big the game is and people just have different opinions. No matter what blizzard implement at this point, I'm sure someone has voiced it even if blizzard never seen it. Though I get your point.

Doesn't change that I find it quite odd to be mad about what people want. If players demand something and blizzard feels it's for the better of the game, and most likely are an opinion or feature that gotten lots of traction there is some merit to it. I can understand not wanting something implemented, I just don't get the mad part.

Well, imagine a friend of your girlfriend's would want your girlfriend to have larger boobs, while you're perfectly fine with the way her boobs are and are really not a fan of bigger boobs. And then your girlfriend would get the bigger boobs,wouldn't you be a little mad? Wouldn't you even be a little mat at the friend of your gf for suggesting she'd get bigger boobs?
    Ok that's a truly bad analogy^^
    If I like a game, and something gets implemented into it that makes it worse for me, that might just get me mad. Azerite Power, no tiersets, essence-requirements that are not unlocked account-wide and so on. A new class could just as easily have the same effect, depending on what/how it turns out to be.

5+ Year Old Account
    Well, imagine a friend of your girlfriend's would want your girlfriend to have larger boobs, while you're perfectly fine with the way her boobs are and are really not a fan of bigger boobs. And then your girlfriend would get the bigger boobs,wouldn't you be a little mad? Wouldn't you even be a little mat at the friend of your gf for suggesting she'd get bigger boobs?
    Ok that's a truly bad analogy^^
    If I like a game, and something gets implemented into it that makes it worse for me, that might just get me mad. Azerite Power, no tiersets, essence-requirements that are not unlocked account-wide and so on. A new class could just as easily have the same effect, depending on what/how it turns out to be.
    WOW isnt your girlfriend, its girlfriend for 3 mill. people and if 60%+ of these boys wants her to have bigger boobs no one gonna care about your say in case.
    You literally payed to have her.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-18 at 04:11 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

It is as simple as adding wardens for the alliance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    WOW isnt your girlfriend, its girlfriend for 3 mill. people and if 60%+ of these boys wants her to have bigger boobs no one gonna care about your say in case.
    What a great response to such an stupid argument.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Just that 60% of the playerbase wanting dark rangers is a HUGELY overestimated number, try 5%, and another 15 being ok with it. and ~80% saying nah thanks. I just stated myself that it's a terrible analogy, so thanks for agreeing with me I guess. I'll try it differently: Imagine people want the next addon to be pink fluffy teddybears as a new class, which can ride on pink fluffy unicorns, while Anduin and Sylvanas will become a happy fluffy couple. Let's say you'd get 20% of ppl to actually agree to that, given that there's pink fluffy teddybears and unicorns in D3 and just make up some nice pretense to actually justify that. I'd still be mad about people wanting that and rightly so, and many others with me, and even more so if it got actually implemented.

oh and nah, it's hardly a great response. My point was, that I'd be right to be mad. And if wow was girlfriend for me and 3 mill. people, and part of the others want her to have larger breasts, and her pimp agreed to it and got her bigger breasts, and they might not care about my say in that case...I'd still have a right to be mad, cause as you stated, i literally pAId to have her.
    Last edited by Grmmppff; 2019-08-18 at 08:37 PM.

Dark Ranger will happen, not as a class but as a spec. After sub gets removed in 9.0, Rogue will get a shadowstuff using range option.
    SV became a melee spec and now when almost nobody plays subtlety, we all know what's going to happen.
    Dying could endanger your health!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why in the world do people think Tinkers will happen? They already exist and they're literally engineers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not all that interested in a Dark Ranger myself. But...

Just because you can't fathom a way to make it work does not mean that others are unable to do so. Let people want what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why in the world do people think Tinkers will happen? They already exist and they're literally engineers.
    You are such a troll master

- - - Updated - - -

Just that 60% of the playerbase wanting dark rangers is a HUGELY overestimated number, try 5%, and another 15 being ok with it. and ~80% saying nah thanks. I just stated myself that it's a terrible analogy, so thanks for agreeing with me I guess. I'll try it differently: Imagine people want the next addon to be pink fluffy teddybears as a new class, which can ride on pink fluffy unicorns, while Anduin and Sylvanas will become a happy fluffy couple. Let's say you'd get 20% of ppl to actually agree to that, given that there's pink fluffy teddybears and unicorns in D3 and just make up some nice pretense to actually justify that. I'd still be mad about people wanting that and rightly so, and many others with me, and even more so if it got actually implemented.

oh and nah, it's hardly a great response. My point was, that I'd be right to be mad. And if wow was girlfriend for me and 3 mill. people, and part of the others want her to have larger breasts, and her pimp agreed to it and got her bigger breasts, and they might not care about my say in that case...I'd still have a right to be mad, cause as you stated, i literally pAId to have her.
    Pls shut up

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Just doesn't seem practical when the 12 base classes are already in relatively poor condition to add another class that's already extremely close mechanically to an existing spec - Marksman. Tinkers are a totally different thing because nothing class wise exists similar to the tinker.
    Hunters seem pretty similar. Tinkers are not going to happen because we already have engineering and they don't fit the dark narrative of 9.0. maybe 11.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    It's probably the most stupid class Idea I've heard

It already exists and it's called Marksmanship hunter

Let's look at the origins of a Dark ranger. It's a horde exclusive class. There is not a single dark ranger in lore that ISNT loyal to Sylvanas. Its as insane as giving the alliance witch doctors and shadowhunters or giving the horde Wardens and Tidesages. Besides, dark rangers are undead. Do you know who else hates undead? Yeah thats right, the alliance ("B..b...but Calia and Anduin tried reuniting with them!". Yes, those are TWO people. They don't really speak for the people or the other races. Remember Zelling? His own wife turned him away for being undead. They still hate them. And Muradin probably would riot after his exploits in northrend.) , its the very reason the forsaken is within the horde in the first place. Secondly, to become a dark ranger you either need to be a banshee or have a Val'kyr perform a ritual upon you. Do you honestly see the alliance using Val'kyr? How would they even get them?

The argument here is that the night elves would be the alliance counter part. Firstly, they are fiercely loyal to Sylvanas, whom is NOT dying, as stated by blizzard. If they supported the burning and then went on to attacking their living siblings Tyrande would mount their fucking heads upon the ashes of Tel'drassil. Which makes them even fewer than the Void elves. And do you really believe that Blizzard would do another Night elf and Blood elf exclusive class after ALL the whining about "Too much elves?"

Its a stupid Idea
    I mean, demo lock was essentially demon hunter for the longest time. I think the real reason people expect it to happen is the philosophy at Blizzard. DH was a terrible class idea, but it was added anyway.