Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Edgemaster's drops in Sunken Temple - you're a Rogue - what do?

Edit: I might be misremembering the way Need Before Greed worked in Vanilla, and I'm not sure the Rogue could even roll on it. So let me rephrase: You're a Hunter, not a Rogue.

It's not good for you at all, but the Warriors/Paladins are probs just going to sell it. What do you do? Need? Pass?

Me, I'd argue that it's just going to get sold anyway, and everyone should roll on it. If I got pushback from other people and they passed, I'd pass too.

What about you?
    Last edited by Dacien; 2019-08-18 at 06:57 PM.

Everyone needs on a boe like that

One of the reason you should never pug 40+ dungeons, bis pre raid gear to stay in guild, and boe goes to the ones who will use it, else roll it.

Quote Originally Posted by Annikia View Post
    One of the reason you should never pug 40+ dungeons, bis pre raid gear to stay in guild, and boe goes to the ones who will use it, else roll it.
    No lol u don't get the loot on a world drop wtf

Everyone rolls

I said not to pug, you go with guildies, if its a bis for one of them, they will have it, else we roll for it to sell it, or to give to another guildie.
    Pre bis gear start to drop from lvl 40+ dungeon, so why whould you pug it, if you have a guild, let the loot stay in guild so you all benefit from it
    Classic is team play, no "I" in team

LMFAO.

Selling it is far more valuable.

So what if ONE warrior does 1% more dps than normal because of these gloves.

With that gold you can do ANYTHING.

There was a common acceptance that if a BoE epic dropped, everyone should just need roll on it.

There were probably exceptions here and there but that's how I saw it always happen in the rare case I saw one drop in a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    LMFAO.

Well I prefere to give it to a guildie for free, rather than sell to a stranger, but thats just my opinion
    I got other ways to get my epic mount.
    Gold cant buy you true friends
    I've know 90% + players of my guild for 10-11 years, helping one of them with a boe would be a pleasure, I know they would do the same for me

Everyone has a threshold over which loot suddenly becomes a "free-for-all" because it's worth gold. It doesn't make it any more "right" to play like that and it is essentially the exact same behaviour as a warrior rolling on spellcaster gear because he can vendor it; it's just the threshold is different.

So basically anyone who thinks "It's worth lots of gold therefore I can need on it along with the class that can actually use it" is a ninja. They probably won't see it that way "because reasons". But it is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Everyone has a threshold over which loot suddenly becomes a "free-for-all" because it's worth gold. It doesn't make it any more "right" to play like that and it is essentially the exact same behaviour as a warrior rolling on spellcaster gear because he can vendor it; it's just the threshold is different.

So basically anyone who thinks "It's worth lots of gold therefore I can need on it along with the class that can actually use it" is a ninja. They probably won't see it that way "because reasons". But it is what it is.
    Everyone in the group has equal claim to a BoE. Its intended class is irrelevant.

Na

Everyone in the group contributes to killing a mob therefor they have an equal say to whatever drops

And this is coming from someone who is going to make a Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Edit: I might be misremembering the way Need Before Greed worked in Vanilla, and I'm not sure the Rogue could even roll on it. So let me rephrase: You're a Hunter, not a Rogue.

It's not good for you at all, but the Warriors/Paladins are probs just going to sell it. What do you do? Need? Pass?

Me, I'd argue that it's just going to get sold anyway, and everyone should roll on it. If I got pushback from other people and they passed, I'd pass too.

What about you?
    Is it BOE, all need.

Otherwise,
    Do you need it for your main spec? No -> Greed
    Do you need it for your off spec? Yes -> Does anyone need it for their main? -> No -> Need

It isn't really that difficult.

As most are saying, BoE in a pug= all need, always.

The only possible exception I would consider to this is profession recipes that the person will learn on the spot. Although I still think valuable recipes should be rolled, i'd consider giving it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    LMFAO.

It's way more than 1% when used in the right scenario, but I agree with all needing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For BoE epics like that, the general understanding is that everyone needs on it. If the warrior wins, he gets bis dps gloves. If the party lets him have it, that's extremely generous and should be lauded, but not expected even in guild runs unless they're specifically farming for it to save gold for other things.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I said not to pug, you go with guildies, if its a bis for one of them, they will have it, else we roll for it to sell it, or to give to another guildie.
    Pre bis gear start to drop from lvl 40+ dungeon, so why whould you pug it, if you have a guild, let the loot stay in guild so you all benefit from it
    Classic is team play, no "I" in team
    There is an I in win and that's what happens when you win the roll. To be fair I agree with you. In a pug I would roll need regardless of what others do.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't take long for people start throwing around the word ninja. We should put a stop to it right now. Ninja can only be done in a setting where the distribution of loot is decides by a small subset of people, usually the raid leader. When a raid leader goes against the established rules of loot distribution, that is a ninja.

Stop misusing this word because you feel entitled to the loot and you don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    There is an I in win and that's what happens when you win the roll. To be fair I agree with you. In a pug I would roll need regardless of what others do.

- - - Updated - - -

It didn't take long for people start throwing around the word ninja. We should put a stop to it right now. Ninja can only be done in a setting where the distribution of loot is decides by a small subset of people, usually the raid leader. When a raid leader goes against the established rules of loot distribution, that is a ninja.

Stop misusing this word because you feel entitled to the loot and you don't get it.
    wut lol

you can ninja bop things in a pug....

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Honestly even in an all guild group it's wiser to sell it and put the money towards getting multiple people crafted items. You could kit out the melee with Devilsaur sets.
    You give it to main tank

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    wut lol

you can ninja bop things in a pug....
    In vanilla Needing did not make BoE items BoP if i am remembering correctly
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hablion View Post
    In vanilla Needing did not make BoE items BoP if i am remembering correctly
    and how is that mutually exclusive with what i said/

the guy said the only time you can ninja is if you're a raid leader with master loot on

you made a non sequitur point everyone knew...thanks?