Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    icd how it was comapred to older mmo. Compared to BAF it is heaven to play in.
    Battle Azeroth for?!

Sup ya'll, former vanilla raider here (we had Naxx 40 on farm).

Quick rundown:

The new version has been incrementally changed over many years to cater to normies until the game was ruined for autists.
    It used to be that there was X shit to do and you could get it done as fast as you want. Then people with no time to play complained that hardcore players were getting ahead of them, so they gated things behind daily quests so everyone could only progress at that rate. Then they complained that it took too long to find a group, so now there's a tool that pairs you up with people who suck and nobody talks. It used to be that you had to prepare your character to go to the hardest places and see the hardest bosses. Since "everyone who buys the game should experience all of the content" you just hit a button and port to the hardest raids (which have an easy mode for casua;s) with 24 randoms , and no one talks. Add to that pumping of real money transactions for cosmetics, extreme cosmetic options so you can't even tell if someone is geared based on how they look (and no one can tell if you are geared to the max either). It's basically fantasy pop culture dress up now.

See you in classic <3
    edit: see you in naxx 40 again
    TRUE PLAYA FORREAL
    Last edited by vanilla4ever; 2019-08-18 at 04:18 PM.

Imagine thinking Naxx could ever compare to the difficulty of retail mythic raiding. The vanilla fanboys are demented beyond measure.

WoW is one of the best games ever made. Yet, it is very selective where it is great. Raids and dungeons have always been without match. Open world on the other hand is just horrible. And i think most players play the open world, so they would deserve better.
    Rinse and repeat. For the rewards. Send even more turtles into the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    Imagine thinking Naxx could ever compare to the difficulty of retail mythic raiding. The vanilla fanboys are demented beyond measure.
    I invite you to install classic, do all the attunements/grinding and clear Naxx 40 for yourself sir

Quote Originally Posted by vanilla4ever View Post
    I invite you to install classic, do all the attunements/grinding and clear Naxx 40 for yourself sir
    I invite you to kill a single boss on Mythic in Azshara's Eternal Palace, sir. Or get above 1500 rating in arena. Get out of here, seriously.

WoW is still a good game. Or, well, it's still an okay game. In many ways, it might even be a better way than it was. But the trouble is, it's wearing down the credit of old relations. The game really doesn't foster new social connections anymore, and it has always needed them to stay afloat. If you're in a guild or in a group of friends, game's fine. If you aren't, yes, you could fight tooth and nail to find a new group of friends, but the reality is that most people won't.

So yeah, WoW's still fine. It's just fine in a world where social interaction is no longer pushed, so it's an ORPG. And a lot of games do RPG better than WoW does. Single player ones, for example.

My sub is cancelled for the first time in a while because I hate this new patch that much. They added a bunch of stupid grinds and new unlocks to the heart and essences. That's NOT what makes the game for me. That stuff is dull and boring. I want more social interaction in WoW. That stuff is more solo busywork. O IF it is "grouped" content, its all anonymous and no-one talks which still feels like solo busywork. Way too much solo busywork. Its gross. So I cancelled. Can't say WoW is still good from my view.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Nope wow is trash, tbc was the best version, wrath was pretty cool aswell, wow died when wrath ended, its a fact.
    i played since 2006 until 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Seriously dude go play an Action MMO and get the hell out of here.

You clearly don't like RPGs. Not that you can call this game an RPG anymore.
    1. You think armor penetration were interesting? No, not really. It just made a mess out of balancing and it didn't make sense to "ignore" your oponent armor. You were wat, stripping your oponent out of armor? "Pretending" it didn't exist?
    2. Reforging was "fun" lol no. There is no useless gear, there was just a mess with stat weights.
    3. Another form of customization that might as well be added as another talent tier.
    4. And you think with talent trees somehow that 3% would be higher? No, people would be just: "ah fuck it, CBA to figure this out lets just copy icy-veins"
    5. That is some serious delusion here, RPG is not about having a bunch of useless spells, its about character progression and playing a ROLE in some story.
    6. That is just your opinion. There is not much RPG games that offer even a 1/3 of what options you have in WoW.
    7. I am not parroting anything, I am actively ignoring anything I don't like. Since pretty much beginning, with the exception of legion where i was forced to do shit to get legendaries.
    8. Stop with your delusion, RPGs are not about enchanting every piece of equipment with one and only enchant you got. The only choice you had was weapon enchants, other were just plain old stat sticks useless, boring and annoying.

Idk if WOW is still a good game or simply put nobody does MMOs better. Think of the long list of failed contenders: Age of Conan, SWTOR, Wildstar, Archage, GW2, Rift, Black Desert and more. None of them even came close to knocking WOW off top of the hill, but some of them did take a little bit out of WOW here and there. At least I can say for myself, if there was a better MMO out there, I'd be playing it and I think a lot of players may feel the same way. Gw2 is the only other MMO that held my intestest and stirred a bit of passion and commanded some time, the rest not so much...

Sup ya'll, former vanilla raider here (we had Naxx 40 on farm).

Quick rundown:

The new version has been incrementally changed over many years to cater to normies until the game was ruined for autists.
    It used to be that there was X shit to do and you could get it done as fast as you want.
    Woah, you mean I can clear Naxx 40 more than once a week for my Aetish grind?

- - - Updated - - -

How does farming nature resist crossbows from a world dragon to clear one of the four naxx wings translate to skill? Last I remember we had squads of OOC low level noobs rezzing us at the world dragons. Is that also skillful?

That screenshot lowkey gave me PTSD from all the VoA and Baradin Hold ninjaing. And it started this thing how MS > OS wasn't supported by the GMs, yet it was all the community would do. Eventually led to mandatory personal loot.

That said, weekly world bosses still exist, and they were still loot pinatas like VoA and BH (except for the last BH boss added). Nice to not have to deal with ninajing and just kill it out in the world.

I'm having a good time now because like most late-expansion periods there's a casual-friendly catch-up mechanism that means I can log in every day or two and achieve a significant iLevel increase every time, reaching levels of power that seemed utterly unattainable at expansion release. Whether or not this is actually meaningful is irrelevant as long as it FEELS like you're finally getting relatively powerful. I hate the modern mobs-scale-up-faster-than-you-do leveling experience, and next time maybe I'll just wait until a year into the expansion before buying it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Philomene View Post
    WoW is a kind of an amusement park and that’s fine.
    Wow is the ultimate theme-park MMOG experience because at some point Blizzard realized they're in the same business as Disney's park designers and started copying many aspects of that design (I'm sure many days of research at Disney parks were required). In fact, Northrend is a direct copy of the Anaheim Disneyland park layout (though with two main street entryways at the corners rather than one in the middle) and during development had the internal code name "Blizneyland".

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I could almost like this expansion if it wasn't for the terrible story. As it is I'm having to learn to ignore it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Indeed.

They never caught up, they left. What's left are those who were a permanent fixture anyway, with ever rising expectations of each other to stay ahead of the curve. And ever more disappointment with those who do not.
    Pretty much why i left the game entirely.

The game itself I found enjoyable, the community however was growing ever more toxic.
    Here is something to believe in!

You're only further proving my point. I don't think you know what RPGs are, or you just don't like them.
    No, you just have your vision of RPG and it happens I have a different vision. RPG is JUST that:

A role-playing game (sometimes spelled roleplaying game;[1][2] abbreviated RPG) is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting. Players take responsibility for acting out these roles within a narrative, either through literal acting, or through a process of structured decision-making regarding character development.[3] Actions taken within many games succeed or fail according to a formal system of rules and guidelines.[4]

All of these elements are in WoW.

Literally everything I listed adds another layer of "structured decision" making. All of which has been gutted and removed over the years.

Character development - also gone.

No new abilities for 40 levels. No new talent points for 20 levels.

Great game design.
    It still exists, as it always existed. You don't need talent tree from PoE to call game RPG. Deal with it. Sometimes less is more.

I love WoW for what it was, but the handling of the game has what killed my enjoyment of it... namely how Blizzard had gone all out to expand player retention by making everything an arduous task to increase the playtime of players, and using THAT [MUA] as a means of measuring the game's success. They've basically used F2P methods in a P2P game...

I honestly enjoyed WoD more than Legion, had no enjoyment of Legion, and I stopped a month into Legion 2.0 [BfA]. And to stop myself getting back into WoW I deleted my main that I had since TBC that had 24k achievement points on it, along with alts, and spent my gold capping out on Tokens and B.net balance.

most stuff is good.
    But it annoys me to no end that blizzard have structured the game so that its SUPERBIG to do somethign once and then near worthless to do it twiice or more.
    Instead of farming towards a goal you just sit an wait for the goal to come to you in the form of weekly rewards that takes near no effort to get...
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.