Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Honestly even in an all guild group it's wiser to sell it and put the money towards getting multiple people crafted items. You could kit out the melee with Devilsaur sets.
    at such an early stage of vanilla thats prob the way to go with BOEs the only problem is going to be lack of gold in the economy for big ticket items.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    if someone says he will use it, then pass for him, on condition he equips it right away
    but the problem is ninja, which is easy fix with a fast talk to gm, i mean back when wow had 10 million user in TBC in patch day, a gm apologized for me for late answer, and that was only 15 min after my ticket for a problem from my side (my english was mediocre back then), surely blizz would give same service now since they have far less us...
    oh wait nvm, bobby kodick fired over 15% of staff to increase his already highest overpayed salary as ceo, he wants to earn title greediest man in past present and future, just present alone isn't enough

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    at such an early stage of vanilla thats prob the way to go with BOEs the only problem is going to be lack of gold in the economy for big ticket items.
    did blizz mention anything at all about token wow? they never denied that tokens won't be in vanilla, and i checked that very closely because it is the thing i hate most in retail wow since its introduction
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    did blizz mention anything at all about token wow? they never denied that tokens won't be in vanilla, and i checked that very closely because it is the thing i hate most in retail wow since its introduction
    Blizz has said (pretty much every time it's come up) that while you can buy/sell/use tokens in retail, and the game time earned from them will allow you access to Classic, you cannot buy/sell/obtain/use/brush your teeth with the tokens in Classic proper. The two games, aside from access via token/sub fee and CE pets, are totally segregated.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

What Thage said is correct the only effect tokens will have is paying for your retail sub which gives you the classic sub.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It didn't take long for people start throwing around the word ninja. We should put a stop to it right now. Ninja can only be done in a setting where the distribution of loot is decides by a small subset of people, usually the raid leader. When a raid leader goes against the established rules of loot distribution, that is a ninja.

Stop misusing this word because you feel entitled to the loot and you don't get it.
    Most people would consider any player rolling need on an item they can't equip in a 5 man run to be a ninja, you're welcome to think it only applies to Master Looters in raids. I can't be arsed to argue this point.

And just for clarity my initial argument was meant to be along the lines of "If you sleep with someone for a million dollars, you're still a prostitute". The WoW community has overwhelmingly agreed with the idea that everyone rolls need on valuable BoEs (but let's be honest that's bourne of "not wanting someone else to ninja it first" rather than anything else).
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2019-08-18 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

There was always someone complaining about people rolling for a BoE they can't equip, intentionally ignoring the fact that it's a BoE that can be put up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    LMFAO.

Selling it is far more valuable.

So what if ONE warrior does 1% more dps than normal because of these gloves.

With that gold you can do ANYTHING.
    ANYTHING!!! Like.....buy 1% upgrades for FIVE other people instead! /jk

For real though, it's not like you can bribe loot off a boss :P

So many naive people in this thread.

Everyone needs 1000g. Even if everyone "agrees" to greed on them for the warrior. Don't fool yourselves. Someone is going to ninja them.

It's one of those drops that everyone but someone running a charity center in WoW should need outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Annikia View Post
    I said not to pug, you go with guildies, if its a bis for one of them, they will have it, else we roll for it to sell it, or to give to another guildie.
    Pre bis gear start to drop from lvl 40+ dungeon, so why whould you pug it, if you have a guild, let the loot stay in guild so you all benefit from it
    Classic is team play, no "I" in team
    There's a serious discussion to be had on the matter of one person having pre-raid BiS in one slot, versus the value that selling such a BoE could bring in the form of gold needed by the guild. Let's not pretend it's entirely that black and white.

Ya id 100% roll on that lol.

Knowing my luck, I'd roll a 99% after..... wait that's not how that work's!

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Most people would consider any player rolling need on an item they can't equip in a 5 man run to be a ninja, you're welcome to think it only applies to Master Looters in raids. I can't be arsed to argue this point.

And just for clarity my initial argument was meant to be along the lines of "If you sleep with someone for a million dollars, you're still a prostitute". The WoW community has overwhelmingly agreed with the idea that everyone rolls need on valuable BoEs (but let's be honest that's bourne of "not wanting someone else to ninja it first" rather than anything else).
    LULZ! Assuming that I can't equip the item, I can sell it on the AH to buy an item that I can equip, or I can sell it on the AH to buy my epic mount, or I can sell it on the AH to pay for my repairs for weeks (if not months), or I can store it on my mule for use by an alternate and/or twink. You don't have a right to BoE epics (or to expensive items used by twinks), so just piss off with that nonsensical position.

Yeah i'd roll on it unless it was a good mate that was actually gonna use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    No lol u don't get the loot on a world drop wtf

Everyone rolls
    If an item drops that is pre-raid bis or whatever and you need it and will use it then you should get it imo, just make sure to equip it so everyone can see you’re not planning to flip it for gold.

I was tanking ZF on my druid to complete my Carrot on a Stick quest and Warden Staff dropped (BiS tank druid weapon for all of Vanilla). I didn’t know anyone in the group but they let me have it as long as I equipped it, I was high enough level to equip it right away so no problems there.

"But if they loot it and sell it!"
    Yeah then they’re a ninja looter and you screenshot them and post them on realm forums or Discord, realm policing is a real thing! People who screw over players get blacklisted from the good guilds and activities, they want to theow away their character? Fine, their loss.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    If an item drops that is pre-raid bis or whatever and you need it and will use it then you should get it imo, just make sure to equip it so everyone can see you’re not planning to flip it for gold.

I was tanking ZF on my druid to complete my Carrot on a Stick quest and Warden Staff dropped (BiS tank druid weapon for all of Vanilla). I didn’t know anyone in the group but they let me have it as long as I equipped it, I was high enough level to equip it right away so no problems there.

"But if they loot it and sell it!"
    Yeah then they’re a ninja looter and you screenshot them and post them on realm forums or Discord, realm policing is a real thing! People who screw over players get blacklisted from the good guilds and activities, they want to theow away their character? Fine, their loss.
    No he can pay for it I'm not there to farm boes for u

Thank fuck I'm planning to do dungeons with guild only, no idea where this "it's BoE so everyone needs on it" attitude comes from.

The item is objectively worth the same amount to everyone, so everyone should roll need.
    - Anyone who doesn't get the BOE is missing out on the gold that it is worth.
    - Anyone who EQUIPS a BOE is ALSO missing out on the gold that it is worth because they can no longer sell it.
    Equipping a BOE you found is economically the same as purchasing it with gold.

Anyone who disagrees does not understand the absolute basics of economics.
    Last edited by solarfallz; 2019-08-19 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    No he can pay for it I'm not there to farm boes for u
    To be fair I did offer them 10g each but none wanted it, I added them to friends and later we ended up doing UBRS runs and such with one or two of them. See that’s how realm communities function, be nice and generous and it has a tendency to come back to you. Equally if you’re a douche it’ll come back to you, but tenfold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    You wont get much support if you accuse someone of ninjaing Edgemasters considering how much gold they're going to be worth. I'm not passing up a chance at that much gold for some random in a pug that may or may not even wear them. Hell, they'd need to actually get into raiding as a fury warrior for them to actually be any good.

Pretty much any good BoE epic that drops in a dungeon I'm not passing on so someone in a pug can wear them. That's the logic that most people will be working with.
    Screenshots of chat log/loot log and so on is used to publically report ninja looters or any bad behavior.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

I never needed on an item that is boe and someone else would equip it. Noone on my server did in classic.

What I would do now? Talk about it in the group and then decide what to do I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    So many naive people in this thread.

Everyone needs 1000g. Even if everyone "agrees" to greed on them for the warrior. Don't fool yourselves. Someone is going to ninja them.

It's one of those drops that everyone but someone running a charity center in WoW should need outright.
    You never been in my guild I had some lucky drops before, like the ring in cata from Grim Batol, got it before they added stats to it, so it looked like a wierd stat less epic, I de'ed it for shard, turned out to be mage bis item, got it restored from a GM and gave to our mage who was in that run for free.
    Legion I had the pure mastery ring drop max ilvl in the start, I was farming bear meat, gave it for free to our warr.
    That mentality I learned in EO (Elite Order) WoW is a MMO, you get most out of it, helping eachother, so yeah, I will any day trade a BoE (bis item) to a fellow guildie over selling it to a stranger
    I'm also the one who never charged any fee for crafting stuff neither from guildies or strangers, I normally say "Smile to the next you meet" is the payment.
    Karma got a wierd way of coming around, I had ppl helping me out also when I needed it the most
    Call me naive if you want, but then I got a wonderfull guild, full of fellow naive ppl to make classic even more great for us