Poll: Answer:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    not bothered about classic coz you get the same shit in 9.0 or 8.3.5 in the new party queing you can que with lvl 60 to go do MC and all other lvl 60 raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    I'll be playing both, but I'm salty you can't play both at once. I'd love to level in classic while my bfa character camps a rare. but alas.
    What rares in BFA need camping? What do they offer you just can't faceroll in your downtime in next xpac?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

7+ Year Old Account
    I returned to BfA after 8-9 months of absence. It hasn't changed a bit.

Disc priests couldn't die even when 10 people were hitting them, casters being full-mana in every fight in pvp, the story sucks.

No, I won't be playing BfA after classic. I am not sure for the future expansions either. Maybe level up a char to see the story and that's it.

I will finish flying achievement in 8.2 and will make a break until new story progress is released, since I play retail now mostly for lore.
    Will definitely try Classic because of nostalgia, but I don't have that much time atm as I had back in 2005-2006, so leveling will be tremendeously slow, which is fine for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the start, only retail. I have enough to do there, and for the time being, that's how it will stay (or so I hope, anyway). At that point, going for Classic would only promote burnout.
    Besides, I already had a shot at Vanilla, during the free week promotion. I found it not for me and went for Guild Wars instead. I only got back into WoW during late Burning Crusade (and stayed since). That might be a strong hint that going for Classic might not be a good idea.
    That being said, I will probably eventually succumb to peer pressure and give Classic a try at some point. But not anytime soon.

You who will go play Classic, have fun.

Don't think i'll be playing classic, though I will probably watch it on twitch from time to time. Just don't have the time for it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be playing Classic for fun and to see the old zones again before the Cataclysm destroyed them. Loch Modan being one of my favourites and Barrens back in one piece. I think sometimes, maybe I could try to get the epic hunter questline for Rhok'delar, but that involves raiding and gearing up for that. Ah well...

I hope, we still raid in BfA after Classic-launch. Our raidlead is concerned that Classic will split our little roster to much for getting a halfway usefull group together. For me, I'll be playing BfA for some things I still haven't got to. Achievements in Nazjatar and Mechagon, maybe find a mount or two. Probably leveling alts at least to get the required warcampaign done to go to Zuldazar/Kul Tiras and skill some professions.

I will be playing retail like 95% of the time because with allied races and heritage armor do you still have to level and for classic the only thing I would really do is play a paladin goof off on it once I hit level cap maybe join my guild for some random molten core stuff after I get geared

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drpizka View Post
    I returned to BfA after 8-9 months of absence. It hasn't changed a bit.

Disc priests couldn't die even when 10 people were hitting them, casters being full-mana in every fight in pvp, the story sucks.

No, I won't be playing BfA after classic. I am not sure for the future expansions either. Maybe level up a char to see the story and that's it.
    You left for 9 months came back in the game hadn't changed

You know I work in the trading business and as a farmer I can definitely tell you when I smell b******* that I won't buy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    What rares in BFA need camping? What do they offer you just can't faceroll in your downtime in next xpac?
    Same reason why people preferred to farm world boss mouse or 4 it became too trivial because right now rare's don't get one shot whereas next expansion if your farming soundless you better be right there because it's going to die in a global

Quit BFA mid-8.1, don't think I'm ever coming back to retail, I'm not going to slam the game however, I'm inclined to believe its my own fault for failing to enjoy it but I'm simply not feeling it.

That being said I'll probably stick around playing Classic as long as the community isn't too toxic. Old-school Barrens general banter is fine. But god forbid I'm on the same realm as some big streamer personality where the best insult I get is < Lol u mad? *Kappa* *PogChamp* >.
    Last edited by peter92q; 2019-08-19 at 07:25 AM.

Classic is a tiny tiny subset of retail... people who think they will be able to anything but experience a bit of nostalgia are kidding themselves.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I will keep raiding in bfa. And play classic during offraid hours.
    And i will keep enjoying both games.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played classic and, while I enjoyed it at the time, I don't have a desire to repeat it. There are lots of things I know I won't have the patience for now that I know better.

I plan to make a character and maybe poke around for a little bit, but I doubt I'll put any real time into it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Most people, even if they say they are not going to play one or the other to make a tribalist statement, will play both for some duration.
    I could just be an odd ball, but I hate BFA. I've only resubbed for Classic,won't be touching retail.

Atleast until the new expac launches, expecting big things from that.

Yes.

For me, Classis and BFA is not in competition with each other as they offer two very different gaming experiences. If I want to, I can log on BFA 3 times a week and raid with my guild. I would not be able to do that in classic as it requires much more maintenance. However classic offers a more immersive "world experience" where Azeroth feel more alive and exploration is more incentivized.

It is two very different games and I will be enjoying them both in two very different ways.

i'll play current wow til i get bored and then play something else as usual.
    classic is just too dated and ugly now.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Classic is a tiny tiny subset of retail... people who think they will be able to anything but experience a bit of nostalgia are kidding themselves.
    I agree, it's not like we have hundreds of random classic servers and dozens of authentic private servers over the last decade to prove this statement wrong or anything. Or not like Blizzard has thrown a new team and resources towards it realizing they've been wrong the whole time thinking like that.

Do everyone a favour, you might not enjoy classic and think it's stupid and that's fine. But stop making idiotic comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both, but probably leaning more toward BFA until the last patch is out. Then Classic when BFA is wrapping up.

It's not a competition. The games are quite complementary in their differences.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

I voted "I will just be playing Classic" but I'm not sure if my response counts as I am not playing retail currently and have no intention to. I'm just gonna go to Classic for a lil nostalgia trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I agree
    Good stuff... once classic rolls out, the most entertaining thing will be the forums

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I will be playing both, trying to manage the two.