Poll: Answer:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Good stuff... once classic rolls out, the most entertaining thing will be the forums
    It's quite petty that you need to edit my quote to back your statement up

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    I'll be playing both, but I'm salty you can't play both at once. I'd love to level in classic while my bfa character camps a rare. but alas.
    This honestly lmao.

I'm not interested in Classic at all, so its release doesn't really influence my decisions.

I was hosting a wow player for a little less than a month and i reactivated my sub for her. She leveled my priest and got him some 376 ilv pre 8.2 with 0 mythics and casual gaming not even icluding warfronts. All these in 2 resets.

Then the stress tests started and i left my account active to play 2 days a month classic!

Expiration day was on 12th each month.
    It was 11th of August that i went in and changed to a 6 months sub.

To this day i have done 0% of the post 8.1 content in retail. Just logged in Boralus a couple of times to check intentions of the few people i know still playing the game.

When classic goes live i will be playing again! Just a bit more

Don't think i have time to play both.

I might stick to retail because of all my characters' time investment, accoundbound items, and its a content that is new for me.
    I have played in vanilla since its start, so it won't be a new experience for me.

Going to just keep playing retail, played Classic 15 years ago.. Don't see the appeal of replaying.

Quote Originally Posted by ramborg View Post
    not bothered about classic coz you get the same shit in 9.0 or 8.3.5 in the new party queing you can que with lvl 60 to go do MC and all other lvl 60 raids.
    yea.. no. The game, balanacing, class design and pretty much everything has changed so much, running MC with today's settings is certainly not the same.

I may play my old NE hunter (already reserved the name) for a few hours for nostalgia but my guild is active and we raid 3 days /week. I really like EP.
    I've already played vanilla when it was "current" and I'm not interested in raiding MC/BWL/AQ/NAXX again... just compare the boss mecanics and class rotations, it's just too easy.

Method trying the "world first ragnaros" just made me rofl... It's just a matter of leveling speed, they'll breeze trought it in one night with 2 tanks, a few heals, and a lot of rogues/mages (+ 1 hunter to trankshot magmaddar).

My guild got the second server kill of ragnaros and I wasn't even full T0 at that time... If I could do it 15 years ago (wow was my first mmorpg ever), anyone can do it ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I agree, it's not like we have hundreds of random classic servers and dozens of authentic private servers over the last decade to prove this statement wrong or anything. Or not like Blizzard has thrown a new team and resources towards it realizing they've been wrong the whole time thinking like that.

Do everyone a favour, you might not enjoy classic and think it's stupid and that's fine. But stop making idiotic comments.
    P.S. users are only a small subset of people... and not all PS are "vanilla"...
    They will be a lot of players in the first hours/days but not in the long term
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-08-19 at 09:03 AM.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very little interest in classic. I'll try it out, but will stick to retail. Friends that are going to classic have rolled on PvP servers too, and I had more than enough of that in vanilla.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

15+ Year Old Account
    May return for 8.3 or other major patches but generally it's gonna be classic or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Honesty, I really doubt people who say they will only play Classic will actually do that. There is no doubt about it that there will be some people who will play only classic. But those who realizes that game wasn't really as they saw it thru their rose tinted glasses is the one and only.

Most likely those people will just quit wow altogether. Especially those who complain about RNG and grind. Im pretty sure they will not like classic despite what they say.

I will definitely check quests and raids (if it will be possible). But not going to commit more than 2 hours weekly for that.
    Yeah, I still remember some The Barrens quests where the loot % for a quest item was almost lower than a green... Do some people really enjoy that ? o_o

I'm still subbed to FF14, I'd rather be a casual in FF14 than vanilla, leveling/expert roulette is still better than grinding kill X mobs in classic to get 0.001% level :/
    Last edited by vashe9; 2019-08-19 at 09:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One thing that is killing Classic for me is the graphics. I do not mind the slower gameplay and the lack of conveniences at all. But I struggle when it comes to playing with games that have outdated graphics and the comparison with WoW will just be so easy.
    Tbf, current Kalimdor and EK don't look exactly any better today than they do in classic.

OT: Will be playing both.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I have stopped playing BfA so I'll just play Classic. I will still log in to BfA occasionally, also because there's the anniversary thing.

Both, with more time dedicated to the one that provides more things to do.
    As of now, probably only play 8.2 to do the weekly M+ and a few WQ's, then the rest will go to classic until I hit 60, complete the MC and Ony attunements and work on getting pre-raid gear, until BFA gets a new major patch.
    Then for classic it will be only do some MC/Ony pugs if they will happen and/or wait for the bg, ZG and AQ phases.
    Classic playtime will be largely dependent on how the community will look like for people who don't make WoW the 2nd job. From what I remember MC, Ony, ZG and AQ20 were not uncommon to happen, so probably do those as they become available, other than that, try for R11 then probably never return to it again.
    Most likely, when retail gets big patches, I won't log to classic.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Shadowbringers already killed any interest in BfA after i was already kind of done when i got loremaster and was just at the 'chase your purple fever' point which is a treadmill for the birds. Right now the story has gone in a really fanfic feeling direction meanwhile classic -though i am not one of those people who think 'its gonna be the good old days again!' gives me a chance to see all the horde side questlines i never did back in the day and since that stuff is 'hey heres what we did after warcraft 3 and before it all went to shit' i can look at both versions and its no hard choice which one i drop a months sub on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulantik View Post
    I'll be playing both, but I'm salty you can't play both at once. I'd love to level in classic while my bfa character camps a rare. but alas.
    Who says you cant?

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, because while i love classic, classic has no future, i know everything there i want
    on reverse BFA has future, WoD had Legion follow up and Legion is probably only exp i wish i played even more
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Been hyped for classic since its announcement and have been casually playing on private, both before and especially after, together with mates to quell some of that hype. I might log on to retail purely to do an event like the 15 year anniversary since I'll be subbed anyway, but I am not particularly interested in it anymore. I thought the nostalgia would be real and that classic wouldn't be all that great compared to my memories of it, but I've honestly not had as much fun playing wow as I've had playing on private. It's been great and so I can confidently say I'll be playing classic exclusively on both Aussie and European realms.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuhokoura View Post
    Who says you cant?
    Everyone who tried it as well as Blizzard.

You can't because you can't log onto the same account twice.

Formerly known as Arafal