Thread: WoW Classic HD

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

WoW Classic HD

The experience of classic would have been better if they remade all textures and models in HD. A missed chance if you ask me.

Shhhh don’t say this, all the purists will be awoke and we can’t afford having any more of them since the last culling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Shhhh don’t say this, all the purists will be awoke and we can’t afford having any more of them since the last culling.
    Maybe but is it an awful switch from retail to classic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeanix View Post
    BFA is still there.
    Thank god !

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    The experience of classic would have been better if they remade all textures and models in HD. A missed chance if you ask me.
    Yeah because all they had to do was press a button for that to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Maybe but is it an awful switch from retail to classic

- - - Updated - - -

Thank god !
    some people want classic the way it was. no security, no QoS, no modern underlying architecture, no 1.12+.
    blizzard creates such a version.

some people want classic the way it was. but with security, a bit of QoS, no modern underlying architecture, 1.12+ is fine.

some people want classic the way it was. but with security, no QoS, nicer graphics, modern underlying architecture, normal patch progression.

some people want classic the way it was. but without security, all QoS, vanilla graphics, modern underlying architecture, normal patch progression.

AND. SO. ON.

classic was created as the best one could do without traveling back in time. also, you just cannot copy the old road map and patch progression. you cannot just built a client with all the bugs and have all the patches ready to fix them the way it was. impossible.

so you have one client and it is what it is. nothing more, nothing less. no missed opportunity. since you would have to re-do the whole game around the new models and textures. and why stop there..
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

10+ Year Old Account
    But people wanted Classic?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just add heirloom gear, character boosts, lfg/lfd, and boa gear.

I thought it would have been awesome to see Classic WoW with hyper-realistic graphics.

takes like 10min to get used to the old graphics. just like any other game.

starcraft remastered already did all the graphic updates without touching the clunky controls or bad AI so it's very doable without impacting the recreation of gameplay experience.

I don't really care that much either way, but insisting graphics must also be retro seems going a little far. I can understand, but a little far for me.

Yeah I mean arguing that people should not having the option to view their game with modern textures/models is akin to saying people shouldn't have the option to play the game in anything other than lowest graphics settings and lowest resolution, because that's all your computer could achieve back in 2005.

Laughable that people would retort with "Why not just add LFG or transmog" but then people are retarded sometimes.

Having resubbed for the Classic name reservation and piddling about on retail, a lot of it looks really nice now (a lot I don't like as much but that's mostly UI stuff rather than world appearance). Played a game of WSG, place looks awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

It was stupid there is no option for new models, it already is HD with ambient occlusion, higher draw distance & dynamic shadows.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old models look better than the abominations pretending to be humanoids that retail has.

So no thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    They were never going to please everyone - and they still aren't with this release.

I'm of the same opinion that I fail to see why updated graphics couldn't have been a thing, I personally think the old graphics look horrendously dated at this point and it's honestly a bit of a turn-off.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Updating all textures would probably make classic release a year later. I wish there was an option for new character models though.

Last time blizzard did what community asked we've got bfa. No, ty.

I wouldn't mind new models, cuz they are client side anyways though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    The old models look better than the abominations pretending to be humanoids that retail has.

So no thanks.
    You see I have never understood this argument. I feel like the Classic models look so very wooden and blocky. At least the new models are more animated. What about the new models is bad for you exactly?
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Why not just add heirloom gear, character boosts, lfg/lfd, and boa gear.
    Why not I say. Make a version of the Legacy Servers with modern conveniences ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    You see I have never understood this argument. I feel like the Classic models look so very wooden and blocky. At least the new models are more animated.
    This x1000.

Blizz waited until WoD to implement the new models mostly because of the player base. From what I remember reading they could have done it mid-Cata but waited another two expansions to flip the switch.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by ornichi View Post
    Last time blizzard did what community asked we've got bfa. No, ty.

I wouldn't mind new models, cuz they are client side anyways though.
    No one wanted prune classes & more rng.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    You see I have never understood this argument. I feel like the Classic models look so very wooden and blocky. At least the new models are more animated. What about the new models is bad for you exactly?
    The new models tried updating the classic models, while keeping the features recognizable, which resulted in some uncanny valley, Chopping Mall Tinyface shit.

The new-new models look good, because they could start from scratch, but the new-old ones look like aliens that are wearing the old model's faces.

Art is subjective, but there's just something off with the new-old models.