Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Well, I think the idea is that Blizzard made players register characters in 2 waves.

1) The ones with subscription who will play classic

2) The ones who won't subscribe untill classic launches

This causes the first wave to get very entranched in their choice of realms, filling it to the brim. Meanwhile Blizzard can't open up more servers, because they don't know the total demand yet.

I must add that I disagree with this criticism. I think this problem would have existed without name reservations aswell. It is just very visible for a rather long period of time with everyone focussed on it, because nobody is playing the game yet.

Nobody creates a character, plays a few levels, and then evaluates their realm choice to restart on a different one. That always sucks, even without name reservation.

Atleast now you have an advanced warning.
    if they had 8+ NA pvp servers like they should have this would not have been a problem lol

they created two mega servers with their short list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post
    if they had 8+ NA pvp servers like they should have this would not have been a problem lol

Your right, this problem might not have existed.
    Instead you would have a lot more complaining 2 months from now when all 8 realms are low to medium pop during peak hours as most players have left and those that remain behind are to spread out.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Your right, this problem might not have existed.
    Instead you would have a lot more complaining 2 months from now when all 8 realms are low to medium pop during peak hours as most players have left and those that remain behind are to spread out.
    yea i like the mega server

just saying they did this

Gehennas is allready high while the other 2 pvp realms are full on EU, they made the right move. I bet Gehennas is gonna be full any second now and they will open another server, and remember, this is the people that allready sub. I for one and many of my friends will sub 26th to be ready at launch. Thing is, sure blizzard could opened 15 pvp servers at once and that would result in dead servers eventually but look what happens when they add servers one by one, they fill up til full instead of all players spread among 15 servers. I think it is a brilliant move what they do tbh. GJ blizz, cya at launch

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    It's not really backfiring, but if they are just using number of characters with names registered as a indication for overpopulation then it will be very off, considering people that want to play probably reserved 3 names on multiple servers.

Considering you can't do cross server in classic, if you want to make sure you play on a server with a lot of progress and good economy, without the need the transfer later on, it seems better to just deal with the traffic on bigger servers.
    Unless they made multiple accounts with multiple subscriptions, no they did not. You're limited to 3 character names reserved across all realms.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Germans get 1 new PvP and 1 new PvE realm. And people said we dont even have the numbers to fill one realm lol.

With the two, everyone picked one and went there. If there were 8, everyone would have still picked one and went there.

It isn't until players spend hours waiting in login queues that they will be incentivized to move.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    They don't want to add more servers because they want the population to spread out... as they said in their post. Adding more servers doesn't solve a problem when there is disparity between the server pops right now.
    It does solve a problem. It solves the problem of me getting the fucking name I want because it's unavailable on EVERY SERVER.

So please, Blizzard, add more fucking servers.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    With the two, everyone picked one and went there. If there were 8, everyone would have still picked one and went there.

It isn't until players spend hours waiting in login queues that they will be incentivized to move.
    No lol

Would have been vastly more difficult to make a mega server with 8 possibilities as opposed to 2

There wasn't some magic fucking bulletin board we all listen to. U just ask, people keep saying herod. Mega server forms. That simple

8 choices reduces that by a huge margin

Could we please have a new news page? This one is going on its third day. I would like some new information please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Yup. Money is the reason.
    I suspect it's more due to old code. When the game was first created the servers were unique entities (and region locked). So if you are preach or asmongold or Drizztrulz or whatever its unique to that server. Now you need to merge 2 servers. Each of which has characters called that.

Nowadays games just make sure the code supports this - you're actually Drizztrulz*hidden server info* or Drizztrulz *player account name*. But wow isn't build like that. Its got some ANCIENT code at its core - look at all the problems just trying to expand the backpack size created. Sure they could probably fix this but it would be risky, player names are one of the most common things in the game and fiddling with them risks crashing the game for weeks.

There wasn't some magic fucking bulletin board we all listen to. U just ask, people keep saying herod.
    Yes there is, it is called reddit, and yes, people on the magic bulletin board said Herod so that is where most people went.

On top of that, streamers for the little kiddies since they can't read reddit.

they just need to get rid of all the streamers, morron like asmongold are cancer
    they are goint to lose more than win some with those fucking idiots

You shouldn't be allowed to choose your own realm, change my mind.

Better solution in every way.
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/World_Pass

Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post

This is a trash concept.

Servers will regulate themself. Stupid people will soon realise that waiting 5 hours in a queue is not worth it and will swap. No need for blizzard to do anything except make sure that there are still servers left that are not full and this is exactly what they are doing.

uhhhh so you can't play with your friends without some bullshit? pass

social game

This announcement likely made more people join the crowded servers..

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    This is a trash concept.

Servers will regulate themself. Stupid people will soon realise that waiting 5 hours in a queue is not worth it and will swap. No need for blizzard to do anything except make sure that there are still servers left that are not full and this is exactly what they are doing.
    If servers regulated themselves we wouldn't need connected realms. #showerthoughts

- - - Updated - - -

uhhhh so you can't play with your friends without some bullshit? pass

social game
    Its the cost of doing business.

If servers regulated themselves we wouldn't need connected realms. #showerthoughts

- - - Updated - - -

Its the cost of doing business.
    or we could just expand the servers because it's 2019 and the hardware available is vastly more powerful?

BRING THE QUES NO PASSES

or we could just expand the servers because it's 2019 and the hardware available is vastly more powerful?

BRING THE QUES NO PASSES
    Doesn't solve the problem that new players then choose to also play on big servers, which just further exasperates the problem. Additionally those passes were pretty inexpensive they were just a hurdle that forced you to do a minimal amount of work to be on the same server as friends.