Poll: How do you prefer loot be handed out?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Driahtvacahtve View Post
    We're doing open bid zero-sum DKP with decay, but with some priority stuff like Thunderfury for the maintank. I guess some people might say that means we incorperate some amount of loot council.
    lol people like you are the worst

"were doing dkp bois, oh wait that's right dkp is retarded no we're not"

GL with your terribly managed guild

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukind View Post

Issue is people are not always smart, so they may spend their DKP on stuff they dont need, or stuff other people need more.

Also peggle is far better.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

It's always amusing to see people fight tooth and nail for the most nepotist loot management system possible. Especially when loot funneling, which loot council really boils down to, is all but irrelevant for 99,9% of all raid guilds.

Of course, the problem with DKP is that it's absolutely fair, in that it does not care about raiders. Only their points. Which means you can't just freeze the undesirables out in some way, nor can you suck up to or treat nicer the DKP system. It would require helping along or kicking underperforming people, too, both of which take far more active effort.

Lastly, people who use DKP seem to be far less gung-ho about baselessly telling people they're shitters on forums. Another trait that makes DKP superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Loot Council. No other choice for a serious guild.
    This, pretty much.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Open Loot Council, meaning that anyone is free to join the council channel to watch and listen as the council hands out the loot. Have been doing this since WotLK and had zero problems with it. It divides the loot optimally and people trust the council more since they can listen the reasoning why player X gets the loot.

With DKP you know what you're going to get: a totally fair system in which nobody is going to either be cheated or wrongly feel like they've been cheated and your raid will not be optimized in terms of gear distribution ... not even close.

With a bad to average loot council, people on the in are going to greatly benefit while a majority of players will get directly fucked at some point or another. Gear optimization for the raid as a whole will be better than the DKP scenario.

With a good to great loot council, some people may feel cheated or slighted, but for the most part it will be fair. The gear optimization for the raid as a whole will be the best it can be.

In short, I'm with FelPlague. Peggie is undoubtedly the way to go.

Peggle looks like aids

TBH a lot of guilds going loot council because that's what cutting edge guilds are doing is likely to backfire big. If you don't have a high level of understanding within the guild then drama is going to ensue.

Don't just adopt something because a big guild is doing it. They likely got it together better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    It's always amusing to see people fight tooth and nail for the most nepotist loot management system possible. Especially when loot funneling, which loot council really boils down to, is all but irrelevant for 99,9% of all raid guilds.

Of course, the problem with DKP is that it's absolutely fair, in that it does not care about raiders. Only their points. Which means you can't just freeze the undesirables out in some way, nor can you suck up to or treat nicer the DKP system. It would require helping along or kicking underperforming people, too, both of which take far more active effort.

Lastly, people who use DKP seem to be far less gung-ho about baselessly telling people they're shitters on forums. Another trait that makes DKP superior.
    You sound like the guy who always underperforms and gets his items last when loot council decides... Loot council allow you to gear the best players, and players who will get the highest upgrade from the drop.

Whereas, DKP is just brainless point stacking, which is often abused by people who stacks their points and then use them on some minor upgrades. It's always amusing to see people fight tooth and nail for the worst loot management system possible. Even EPGP was better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post

nepotistic? lol

this is classic dude, anyone could have a properly run loot council. It's all been theory crafted before.

Maybe learn to play then come back and whine about nepotism. I assure you with DKP there is a lot more nepotism just no one can see it. Everything is transparent with a LC. If the LC can't back up the choice then you should leave the guild. It's never complicated shady or incompetent loot councils are immediately obvious after just a few raids.

Learn to read logs/parses and you will be fine. Quit whining

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Issue is people are not always smart, so they may spend their DKP on stuff they dont need, or stuff other people need more.

Also peggle is far better.
    the problem is people are smart and up bid and ruint he whoel system

rationally functioning in a dkp system means actively fucking over your guild mates lol

Fortunately for me I don't really care what you or any other guilds think about our system, or indeed what you do in your own guilds
    As Sevyvia pointed out though, I do like that you go out of your way to such an extent to trash it!
    Seeing as I cannot really relate to or agree with you on any level whatsoever in this forum on other issues as well by the looks of it, I feel that you so utterly disapproving of what we're doing must mean we're doing exactly the right thing for us
    I do likewise wish you luck in Classic, whatever you might be doing!