Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    "players are not giving me things for free, OMG COMMUNITY IS DEAD!!!!"

yikes
    Keyword: Guild

You know, people that have entered a long term contract to work together. I guess you missed that bit of context, so unless you'd like to change your response taking that into account, Yes, you are displaying why the community is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the group and depends on your mood aswel I suppose. Generally speaking in PuGs I remember it was discussed but often times someone would nick it anyway.

I'm rolling need no matter what unless with guild. Server rep is such an overrated thing anyway.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Unless you're playing with people you know, it's up for grabs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    That's why you multibox it. You can't lose then hmmmmm
    ...Good point ^_^

Or even just soloing Dungeons with one character. That's doable for most dungeons including BRS and BRD with most classes at 60. Just gotta do careful pulling is all.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I predict a lot of people crying on forums about naming & shaming or asking for paid name change to be implemented after their reputation on the server is in gutters because they were greedy assholes.

Ask about established group loot rules. Expect that any that are in the same guild will intentionally break said rules. Lose roll to ninja. Cry about it on forums and to Customer Service until you feel better on the outside. Secretly being angry about it for the next 15 years.

Unless you are with a group of friends who are incredibly kind, everyone rolls need. end of thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    sounds like that vanilla community is def coming back......... Even in pugs back in the day i remember BoEs going to the the person in the group that could use them vs rolling to sell, those that took them and couldn't use them got called out trade chat for it.
    if you "call someone out" in trade for rolling on a boe, youre just going to get laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Unless you are with a group of friends who are incredibly kind, everyone rolls need. end of thread.

- - - Updated - - -

if you "call someone out" in trade for rolling on a boe, youre just going to get laughed at.
    this. 10char

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Edit: I might be misremembering the way Need Before Greed worked in Vanilla, and I'm not sure the Rogue could even roll on it. So let me rephrase: You're a Hunter, not a Rogue.

It's not good for you at all, but the Warriors/Paladins are probs just going to sell it. What do you do? Need? Pass?

Me, I'd argue that it's just going to get sold anyway, and everyone should roll on it. If I got pushback from other people and they passed, I'd pass too.

What about you?
    Sell it and swim in the tears.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post

- - - Updated - - -

maybe now but back on deathecus that was ninja looting and got called out /shrug.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Whatever happens keep screenshots of chat logs to preserve your name if somebody in the group is foul enough to spin a story out of whole cloth to damage the reputation of the person they lost to. It's rare, but it does happen.

Preferably with timestamps enabled.

Rule of thumb: If you're a hunter and something dropped. Hit need.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Honestly even in an all guild group it's wiser to sell it and put the money towards getting multiple people crafted items. You could kit out the melee with Devilsaur sets.
    Early on there will not be enough gold in the market to get return.

Gee, i wonder why Blizzard forced Personal loot on everyone............4 pages and still people cant come to a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Gee, i wonder why Blizzard forced Personal loot on everyone............4 pages and still people cant come to a decision.
    Blizz forced PL to artificially inflate game play time due to lack of being able to target gear.

This issue has nothing to do with it.

For some reason people are worried about their mount gold and feel BOE's are fair game to feed their gameplay needs via gold. Most people will hold this view while the server is new and no one has gold. After a while it might change who knows

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    yes we did. cuz those of us who will need will make the choice for the rest of the community lol

would take very little time for everyone to remember how this works

Everyone rolls need on BOEs because there's nothing preventing the player who said they needed it from holding onto the item and selling it on the AH later. If they want it, they can buy it for what its worth on the AH from the person who won it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Blizz forced PL to artificially inflate game play time due to lack of being able to target gear.

This issue has nothing to do with it.

For some reason people are worried about their mount gold and feel BOE's are fair game to feed their gameplay needs via gold. Most people will hold this view while the server is new and no one has gold. After a while it might change who knows
    What a load of rubbish lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    LMFAO.

Selling it is far more valuable.

So what if ONE warrior does 1% more dps than normal because of these gloves.

With that gold you can do ANYTHING.
    This, some idiot that wants to buy it can buy it. It's not BIS

Quote Originally Posted by j0hncramer View Post
    Everyone rolls need on BOEs because there's nothing preventing the player who said they needed it from holding onto the item and selling it on the AH later. If they want it, they can buy it for what its worth on the AH from the person who won it.
    You can tell them to equip the item and inspect them to see that they do. Unless they happen to have same BoE in their packs they will get busted instantly; and before you try to say that they just ask GM to unbind the item that will not work, GMs will not unbound items.