Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who picked these server names?

NA servers have some of the worst sounding and obscure names, especially compared to EU. Who thought Blaumeux was a good idea? Nobody is going to pronounce it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by girltoy26 View Post
    NA servers have some of the worst sounding and obscure names, especially compared to EU. Who thought Blaumeux was a good idea? Nobody is going to pronounce it correctly.
    They are all named after characters and places in the game.

As for pronouncing it correctly - I'm on Caelstreaz which I can never pronounce or even spell correctly

Do we really need a new whinge thread about classic every 5 minutes ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I'll just call it "Blow me" cause... gud enuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I'll just call it "Blow me" cause... gud enuff.
    Blam-o,
    wham, bam, ka-blam

Surprised they haven't picked Mograine, sounds really cool for a server name and he's the most well known leader of the Scarlet Crusade.

I find it stranger people really worry about this. Just seems like outrage culture with the need to find something to rage over. It is just a server name that once you pick it you pretty much never talk about it much ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I find it stranger people really worry about this. Just seems like outrage culture with the need to find something to rage over. It is just a server name that once you pick it you pretty much never talk about it much ever again.
    Your attempt to shoe horn in the phrase "outrage culture" for no apparent reason has been noted.

It is rather bizarre to pick such a French-looking name for a west coast server, but maybe there’s more French Canadians in west Canada? No clue what’s behind that decision.

I don't know but they're terrible. I'm not moving to Lady Blammo. I'd move to Mograine. I'd move to Flamelash. I'd move to Drakkisath. But I'd never move to Blammo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I don't know but they're terrible. I'm not moving to Lady Blammo. I'd move to Mograine. I'd move to Flamelash. I'd move to Drakkisath. But I'd never move to Blammo.
    Everything I hear about Blammo just makes it sound better and better!
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGhoul View Post
    Your attempt to shoe horn in the phrase "outrage culture" for no apparent reason has been noted.

It is rather bizarre to pick such a French-looking name for a west coast server, but maybe there’s more French Canadians in west Canada? No clue what’s behind that decision.
    I am taking notes on you too! "Shoe horn" for no reason? My god man.. using certain phrases in language is so telling. Like an open book.

Personally I think it's a little silly that they won't use server names already on modern WoW. How ridiculous that we'll never have Ragnaros, Onyxia, Hakkar, Kel'thuzad etc. There are so many iconic Classic names that will never get used as Classic servers.

Pyrewood Village L O L

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Everything I hear about Blammo just makes it sound better and better!
    And that's the best case scenario. Never mind all the people that genuinely try to pronounce it but end up just butchering it.

Do Classic and Retail have repeat server names? Haven't noticed.

They are pretty awful tbh lol. My retail server is lightbringer, and i had to go with pagle on classic...

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if its even possible for me to give any less of a shit what the server names are

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    They are pretty awful tbh lol. My retail server is lightbringer, and i had to go with pagle on classic...
    Pagle's rough. Not gonna lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I dont know if its even possible for me to give any less of a shit what the server names are
    Pretty much.

Never once have I thought twice about the actual name of the server as a reason for being there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Pagle's rough. Not gonna lie.
    lol ya, i was eyeing up atiesh but its PST.....woulda been triple the ping.

Quote Originally Posted by girltoy26 View Post
    Why the fuck does it matter?