Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    so u literally have 0 experience? +15 has none of what i talked about, depending on when u did them. talking shit like 24,25,26,27+ gonna stop replying now, you are out of your league, sorry.
    Looks like to me, you have zero experience. Literally the first one who ever said legion dungeons were harder. No, they weren't. I did 20+ in time in BfA, never bothered in legion as there was nothing to worry about as long as you had the dps. Brainless meatgrinder. At 24 in BfA trash can destroy you if you dont interrupt certain spells.

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    A LOT means nothing, that could be 1000, 10,000, 100,000 but im talking about overall percentage of the whole population here. You might enjoy them and im genuinely glad you do, but you do realise you are outnumbered like 10:1?
    Actually you are wrong and he is right, blizzard gets money per number of people playing. So even if 100000 people like islands, it is still a success for blizzard. Also, nobody is forcing you to run islands you know? Or you are insecure about feature that exists in game that others are enjoying? It's like optional, you can get azerite elsewhere if that is your goal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Pretty sure the evidence is that you literally have no idea what you are talking about. You called Muru an easy fight after hotfixes even though that was very much not true.
    It was a joke once they fixed adds to not crush tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

My biggest gripe with this expansion is the fact that they never let us get past the faceroll portion of the game and truly graduate to bigger and better things.

I don't mind if they keep the dumb ape content (islands, WQs, emissaries, etc). Just let me graduate from it and be as strong as I can be WITHOUT needing to go back to kindergarten every week to maximize my potential. Let the groups of people segregate themselves. If someone ACTUALLY enjoyed the act of doing islands as a heroic raider, they would be free to do them, but a carrot on a stick is the stupidest, lowest form of motivator I can think of.

They could try upping their content release game, and give us more bigger juicier patches with pieces of quality novel stuff like mechagon, but that would actually require effort on people BESIDES the one team that always puts in a full work week at their job (the environment artists) so I doubt that will ever happen.

LOOOOOOL.

Imagine your go to excuse in 2019 being - "That spec was never designed for PvE."

Then once again using Vanilla, a 15 year old version of the game; as a reference point.

Arms brings mediocre damage. Their rotation fucking sucks, it's clunky and slow. Their main damage source is a fucking bleed, on a 2 hand wielding juggernaut. They offer little to no utility for any group content. They have little to no defensives or self heals. I could go on and on.

"They were never designed for PvE". What a fucking joke.
    Sorry you don't like facts. Just like they hate Dot classes in this game. There are specific specs that are just not viable in EVERY aspect of the game. Get over it. And you just explained most dps specs in your little rant. So what makes warriors any different? Because you like them more? get bent

Quote Originally Posted by JavelinJoe View Post
    Ummmm actually thats not how corporate greed works mate And thats certainly not how investors will see it lol.

Just because a company is making profits dosent make it a success for Blizzard. This expansion has not been successful and has low sub numbers, obviously they are still making money, but the point is that they should and could be making more money, and to the eyes of someone who owns large numbers of shares in activision blizzard, that is a LOSS not a profit. You sound really salty though which is really funny, I dont even play atm because im too busy sooooo, and again, if people like it great, im glad someone does enjoy it, but is it a successful set of content, islands and warfronts, factually and categorically no and no opinion changes that. Just because a few people like it dosent make it successful, maybe you are insecure over liking it when most people dont?
    Yes it exactly works like this. The more players are interested in game the more (months) they play. The better the game is, the more money blizzard will make. The more money they can spend on it, the better it becomes (or more precisely, we get more options and more polished features).

Just because a potion of playerbase enjoys new addition to a game is success.

And it exactly makes it successful because it didn't even exist back before, you didn't have these options. It is addition to game not a core part of it.

The moment you said "investors" was the moment I knew you have no idea what are you talking about. Most investors don't even know what island expeditions are.

LOOOOOOL.

Imagine your go to excuse in 2019 being - "That spec was never designed for PvE."

Then once again using Vanilla, a 15 year old version of the game; as a reference point.

Arms brings mediocre damage. Their rotation fucking sucks, it's clunky and slow. Their main damage source is a fucking bleed, on a 2 hand wielding juggernaut. They offer little to no utility for any group content. They have little to no defensives or self heals. I could go on and on.

"They were never designed for PvE". What a fucking joke.
    Arms has to bring mediocre damage...because of MORTAL STRIKE in PvP. Imagine if Arms could MS and do top damage? lol

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is no point in actively farming azerite anymore. It's not legion where having 1 level more gave you 0.5% dps increase, neck is weak as it should be (roughly 0.05% dps increas per level). Also 15 minutes is enough for week, once rabbit charms vendor comes, stockpile 300 of them.
    Last week i got about 4% more dps by reaching rank 65.
    But anyhow, the claim that "the ap grind is infinite" and that islands takes 30min a week sort of reveals that he isnt grinding ap at all.

As for wether its worth or not to grind thats up to everyone to decide for themselves. I dont think i will be grinding anymore now. The minor gains of 5 more neckleves to 70 seems really minor even when they buff the essence effect a little.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

To be honest, I don't understand people's need to degrade the content of an expansion. All of them have good aspects and bad ones. It's just your outlook on it. Whether you focus more on positives or negatives. Lots of people hunt for something to complain about but don't think about what they like and yet they continue to pay money or grind gold to play the game. I'm not having a dig at anybody, but it's something that should be taken into account. As an example, I don't like the Island Expeditions or the War Campaign but I still think that BFA is a great expansion because of the raids, mythics, World PvP, and honestly I love the landscapes and the content. I think it's awesome and I've always loved playing it.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Mythics are good.

Jaina fight and BoD was fun. Eternal Palace was good. Still havent full cleared heroic.

WPvP was great pre-flight; WPvP still fun if you deepcoral pod (only way to survive divebombs).

Story is fun.

Rated Bgs are fun and competitive at 2k+.

Why so much hate for this expansion. Legion and BFA have been a blast.
    Mythic+: if you want to play competitively, there's like what, four classes: prot warrior, resto druid, rogue, windwalker, (and maybe dk)...
    1. Why are you talking about BfA in the past tense? I was under the impression it's still going.
    2. Raiding:...
    3. Wpvp: can't say nothing about that?
    4. Story: have you asked nelf players if they thought genociding their race and burning down their capital is "fun"? Have you asked any Horde player if they thought turning their faction into mustache twirling cartoon villains is "fun"? Or if they wanted a Garrosh 2.0?
    5. rated bg's....

How about:

-Class design, and class balance
    -Heart of Azeroth - so terrible they had to completely overhaul it mid xpac
    -Artifact point grind
    -world quests, reward structure

That being said: if you enjoy BfA, good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Last week i got about 4% more dps by reaching rank 65.
    But anyhow, the claim that "the ap grind is infinite" and that islands takes 30min a week sort of reveals that he isnt grinding ap at all.

As for wether its worth or not to grind thats up to everyone to decide for themselves. I dont think i will be grinding anymore now. The minor gains of 5 more neckleves to 70 seems really minor even when they buff the essence effect a little.
    Yeah well obviously milestones like minor traits are important, i was talking purely about increasing neck ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Literally all subjective.
    How would you rate an expansion objectively? Let me try:

- Most classes have less abilities than in Legion.
    - Azerite power does not have as much impact on gameplay as legendaries

How do you rate a story objectively? Is that even possible? "It has many chapters?"

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post

How do you rate a story objectively? Is that even possible? "It has many chapters?"
    Even then, its subjective if having less abilities is better or not.
    We had a lot of buttons in MoP, people complained we had bloat.

As well you can argue that having such items with grand impact on gameplay was a good thing or not, imo no, especially if you got one middle the expansion.
    If they would be available from the start, they wouldn't be much of legendary so we are probably not going to see legendaries ever again.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post

-Having less Abilities doesn't always make a class Worse. Some Abilities can be assimilated into others to improve the flow of combat. Thus thinking less = bad is subjective
    -Many People like that a single few Items can't make or break their class and prefer a system that rewards power but not in exponential chunks. So subjective.

Stories quite literally are near impossible to objectively rate, since People all like different narrative work. I think Harry Potter is shit, many don't. Subjective taste.

I totally liked the raids and Dungeons. Seasonal affixes for M+ spice things up, but the difference between certain combinations is just too big, making certain weeks push-over and other only do one for the chest.

What I don't like is the permanent grind for the HoA, it just feels pointless especially with a complete gear reset every season leveling any form of gear progress. I'm still not sure if the reward scheme of M+ is good or not but at least it offers an alternative to raids.

The story is okish, but honestly I don't play WoW for the story. If I want a good story I play a single player RPG or Dungeons&Dragons with my friends.

The two new reputations in 8.2 were ok but imho too time consuming so that since I can fly I never touched those places again, but I'll have to do it eventually to get my rank 3 essences. Which brings me to the next point, in theory the essences are a good addition but the way of acquisition of higher ranks and the interaction with the HoA level seems like a occupation therapy to keep the players in the game more.

Mechagon is honestly one of the best dungeons they ever made, especially with the hardmodes.

From my observation BFA is splitting the playerbase, on the one hand you have people playing more then ever and on the other hand I see raids dying on my realm as they lack the bodies to fill their ranks as people unsub. My realm has probably lost half its raiding population due to people quitting and transfers to higher pop realms.

I think Blizzard needs to find a balance in many things, especially with regard to meaningful progression if you see that the last lasting progress is made with the lvl 100 talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsorrow View Post
    What I don't like is the permanent grind for the HoA, it just feels pointless especially with a complete gear reset every season leveling any form of gear progress. I'm still not sure if the reward scheme of M+ is good or not but at least it offers an alternative to raids.
    Would you rather have weak artifact that increases your power by 0.05% (making grind non-mandatory) every level or overpowered one that gives you 0.5% which is equal to increasing ilvl by 1-3 ?

I haven't played Mechagon yet but Nazjatar is absolutely awful (without flying). I tried to get into it last week when I renewed by sub for Classic and I am halfway done and... god, it's just bad. Visually it's okay and I like the massive water wall surrounding it but the content in there is as bad as Broken Shore / Argus if not worse. Totally uninspired and bland. And none of the questlines there are at least a bit compelling.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Would you rather have weak artifact that increases your power by 0.05% (making grind non-mandatory) every level or overpowered one that gives you 0.5% which is equal to increasing ilvl by 1-3 ?
    My problem is not with the amount of power increase, my problem is with the grind itself. I think someone above made a on point statement that you have to do so many unfun activities to maintain your character for the fun things like raiding or high M+.

The point is that the increase in power is so significant with the second minor essence that many feel compelled to grind the neck out.

And it feels meaningless because we will probably give up the HoA at the end of the expansion safeing Azeroth and losing all perks / benefits while doing so.

This combined with gear that resets every season, may I remind you that normal EP drops mythic BoD ilvl and normal mythic +0 drops HC BoD ilvl, is not very motivational.

And on top the essences which in the core is a good system to me, forces you to PvP because for some classes those PvP essences are bis for PvE adds an additional layer of grind.

It feels like they strecht everything out with several ranks, not just essences it is the same with professions locking higher ranks behind reputation or wq, so that the casuals keep playing for the long term goal and the nolifers don't run out of things to do in a week.

I am aware that this kind of "gating" or "stretching" was always part of the game as a MMO can always be consumed faster then new content can be generated but I feel that it was never so apparent like in BFA and not on so many levels at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Why so much hate for this expansion. Legion and BFA have been a blast.
    - Azerite system was an objective failure until 8.2, a year into the expansion

- WPvP is forever cancer, because things like ret paladins, ranged dps and rogues exist

- World lag at an all time high. Tiragrade and Nazmir lagged for an entire year post-launch. Now that lag has moved to the battle of nazjatar. The last time i experienced world lag this bad, i was on an extremely high populated realm in cataclysm

- Class design didn't evolve at all, and in some cases, devolved. Compare WoD classes to Legion classes. Thats evolution. Compare TBC to WoTLK. Compare Cata to MoP. All of these feature changes to classes, big ones and small. BFA did pretty much nothing and again, in some cases, did nothing but remove things.

- Raids did not evolve whatsoever

- M+ is hard to say. While it is probably objectively better, its hard to enjoy it due to playing the same class i've been playing since the first day of legion, just missing a few fun abilities. I have a saying "it doesn't matter how good your piece of art is, if i'm viewing it through shit-smeared glasses." This is how the gameplay is in relation to the features of BFA. Its really hard to say how good M+ is, because the actual core gameplay is so bad.

- The story is all over the place. WoW is of course notorious for having a terrible story ,but this expansion seems like WoD 2.0. Its simultaneously trying to be a superhero movie, a crime drama, a horror story and a war movie all in one. Its just weird. We're *a year* into the fucking expansion and we still don't know why Sylvanas has developed bi-polar disorder all of a sudden.

- Island Expeditions are an unmitigated failure. A testament to why randomly generated content does not work in RPGs. They have no story, they have no logic and they have no enjoyability whatsoever. Even if the rewards were good at, the end of the day, we're still fighting random black dragons and old god minions simultaneously with random crabs and jinyu, on an Island with hozen architecture, in the middle of fucking no where. They are forgetable to such a high degree, that many people just don't do them and forget they exist entirely

- The mission table serves no purpose now. It had a purpose in farming gold, which was bad, but now it still exists yet has no purpose

- Professions continue to stew in irrelevancy. Crafting a piece mythic gear over the course of farming materials for 1-6 months for 3 or 4 professions is not good enough.

- I think everyone at this point has realised that allied races are just lazy races. Gilneas. Kezan. Silvermoon. The Exodar. Shrine of the Two Moons / Seven Stars. Name me the capital of the Void Elves please. How about the Lightforged Draenei. They not only have no new animations, they barely even look different. Even the ones that are suppose to look entirely different like Zandalari and Kul Tirans still share a lot of animations with other races.

- Warfronts are just bad. Sorry, but they will never be good. Role agnosticism has failed. In every instance where it is applied, the rule of the day is queue as tank and pull the entire zone at once. You can't do this in m+, because its designed for tanks in mind. Even in heroic warfronts you can still pull entire camps of enemies and aoe them down without a healer as a prot paladin. Its just sad how trash these are.

- Armor design is at an all time low. At the launch of MoP, we got three armor sets for every single class in the game. One CM set, one raid set and one pvp set. Every single one of these was unique. Some had entire animations to them. This is in addition to getting new battlegrounds, new dungeons, new enemy types, an entire new race with new rigging and animations, new spells with new animations and so on. Now, in BFA, we got a total of 6 armor sets at launch. Fucking 6. One pvp and raid set for each armor type. 6 fucking sets!!! Down from 33 at the launch of MoP.

In addition to this, the armor sets are a fucking joke. Please, just compare any of the 33 armor sets from MoP launch to the 6 armor sets of BFA launch. None compare. Its like comparing an indie game to WoW.

- More laziness in the form of no new enchanting visuals. Yeah, remember those? Mongoose? Executioner? Landslide? Power Torrent? Wanna know something funny? Even Legion, the expansion where you couldn't even enchant your fucking weapon, had new weapon enchant visuals in the form of Chronos, Nightmare, etc. BFA doesn't have a single new one. They don't even use old ones as filler. They literally just have no visual whatsoever. Its the most pathetic thing i think i've seen, ever. PEAK laziness.

I could keep going ,but i wrote this while cooking food over the course of 15 minutes and if i keep going its going to burn. So, yeah, suffice it to say - BFA is not only a failure in terms of bad ideas, but its also a failure in terms of laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Island Expeditions are an unmitigated failure. A testament to why randomly generated content does not work in RPGs. They have no story, they have no logic and they have no enjoyability whatsoever. Even if the rewards were good at, the end of the day, we're still fighting random black dragons and old god minions simultaneously with random crabs and jinyu, on an Island with hozen architecture, in the middle of fucking no where. They are forgetable to such a high degree, that many people just don't do them and forget they exist entirely
    These should have been akin to scenarios/heroic scenarios from MoP. With main objectives and bonus objectives to encourage covering the whole area.