Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The chance of them increasing the faction count is next to zero. It's the antithesis of intelligent multiplayer design today to splinter your playerbase, creating all kinds of issues in the process, when you can instead have one pool that can also by dynamically distributed whenever you need opposing sides in a gameplay scenario. There is a good chane that they will hold onto the 2 existing one, a tiny chance that they might reshuffle the playerbase by letting them pick sides semi-permanent and a fairly high chance that they might open up the factions in some way, just villy nilly creating more though? Nah.

Most likely scenario is just that they allow us cross faction grouping for instanced gameplay. Horde and Alliance will remain, but I no longer have to find some randos for my alliance alts to run a few m+.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaator View Post
    Warmode worked out fine.
    I wouldn't call a feature that has one faction having to have a buff 99% of the time, that in Blizzard's own words represents "a significant imbalance," to even semi participate a success.

Your personal experience also does not represent the feature as a whole, nor the average players experience on it, which again, was confirmed by Blizzard's own words, to have been a negative experience for the Alliance who in turn just turned warmode off and never turned it back on again due to the failed launch of the system.

5+ Year Old Account
    Better to make it same as in WC3.
    1) Orcs (good horde)
    2) Scourge (bad horde)
    3) Night Elfs (bad alliance)
    4) Humans (good alliance)
    As leaders of factions that doing war 2x2
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-19 at 04:30 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was evident from the end of Legion and the announcement of BFA that Blizzard was going to send the Alliance vs Horde arc to its ultimate climax and then make permanent peace between them (the Jaina/Thrall cinematic confirms this).

Moving forward, and with the implementation of War Mode, I believe Blizzar is taking the DAoC (Dark Age of Camelot) route of 3+ factions. I predict they will be following:

Light (Elune/Anduin/Calia/Faol)
    Void (Old God)
    Necromatic (Sylvanas/Helya).

I for one shall worship my Old God overlords.
    There won't be a 3rd or a 4th faction just the same 2 factions Horde and Alliance. Also why would you want to worship Old Gods they are really fucked up.....you must really enjoy being sodomized.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Better to make it same as in WC3.
    1) Orcs
    2) Scourge
    3) Night Elfs
    4) Humans
    As leaders of factions that doing war 2x2
    I like this. Would also like specific lands for each like in WC2.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    Being able to find 40 people out of thousands of people playing at the time doesn't exactly mean warmode is popular for alliance on a large scale.
    Ok, can you find 40 people to pick herbs in Feralas?

15+ Year Old Account
    I expect:

Both Alliance and Horde shatter, in to racial factions and you have to re-earn thrust by doing quests

• faction rep resets
    • world revamp
    • You can join and group with anyone you like.
    • zones reset 1x per month complete quests become repeatable.

For pvp you still have to pick horde or alliance, but you may switch this at anytime in the shop.

Some quest might give negative rep towards a certain faction

Ok, can you find 40 people to pick herbs in Feralas?
    I don't think you understood his argument clearly.

The person said that being able to find 40 people to do something, doesn't make it popular in general.

So in relation to your great example, even if he was able to find 40 people to go herbing in Feralas, it would still not mean it was popular in general.

Just for the sake if it, I will also join in with an example on the same level as yours. Even if I could find 40 people to swim around the canals of Stormwind, it would not necessarily mean that swimming around Stormwind is a popular activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    The Alliance and the Horde. But now you can group cross-faction.
    This is the most reasonable option for me.
    But I would love to play as an Old God Follower though.

4 factions theory is best. Already in Vanilla the Forsaken had no connection to the rest of the Horde, and Night Elves to the rest of Alliance.

Things got even more weird with introduction on Blood Elves (who initially wanted to join Alliance, where they historically belonged...) and Draenei (who are literal aliens, and its weird Alliance accepted them considering it was originally formed to repel Alien Invasion).

Currently the whole mish-mash of allied races makes the relations between races impossible to understand. Is there any difference in how Tauren and Highmountain Tauren are treated? What do Nightborne expect from the Horde, and what is a no-go zone? Do Lightforged Draenei by default agree with Velen's decisions?

So now we have everybody disagreeing with everybody because they never agreed with each other in first place, but this is first time the story requires any decisionmaking from specific races and their leaders.

And so we should have:

1) The Original Horde. Orcs who, being aliens, want to find their place in new world, proving they can live in peace with other races. Tauren and trolls who are bound by oath with Orcs, and who are also too weak to survive on their own against military might of their enemies.

2) The New Horde. Forsaken who believe the world will never accept them, and thus the only way to protect themselves is with overwhelming power. Blood Elves who prefer Forsaken (with which they share history, being victims of the Scourge, and Forsaken leader being an elf) over the "savages" from the other continent, especially orcs who once invaded blood elf lands and trolls who are their ancient enemies. Goblins who see this agressive alliance as much better road to profit than The Original Horde with their obsession over ideals completely foreign to Goblins, like honor.

3) The Original Alliance. With Anduin being adamant on making peace with the Original Horde, Alliance gets divided into those that followed and those who couldn't accept such course of action. Dwarves and Gnomes join Humans. The other form...

4) The New Alliance. Looking to answer for horde's numerous crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Factions aren't going anywhere, Alliance and Horde will stay intact. We might group with "enemies" though. Don't fool yourself and think they remove those two factions which are the base of the Warcraft universe.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No interest in light vs void.
    I play this game for the Horde if its gone then i can just play a different game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Factions aren't going anywhere, Alliance and Horde will stay intact. We might group with "enemies" though. Don't fool yourself and think they remove those two factions which are the base of the Warcraft universe.
    Well not remove, just loosen the reigns for more story/player freedom.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capo dei capi View Post
    There will not be new factions. /thread
    I hate when people make comments like this and end it with "/thread"

Are you retarded?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    I hate when people make comments like this and end it with "/thread"

Are you retarded?
    Awww, boo hoo, you get upset at words on the Internet. Yeah, great logic in having to resort to saying "retarded" because somebody put some letters together in a way that got you rustled. Not a lot of mental function going on with you it seems. Ironically calling somebody else "retarded." Not only are YOU the retard but you're a whiny one at that.

/thread
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2019-08-19 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Even if I could find 40 people to swim around the canals of Stormwind, it would not necessarily mean that swimming around Stormwind is a popular activity.
    You obivously haven't been on Moonguard.

There should have always been more than 2, and Night Elves should have been one of those independant factions as per WC3.

The whole Red vs Blue thing is a concious direction for game mechanics, which has since made much of the race lore a hollow representation of what it should have been. But then again, making any faction playable has its consequences; they can not be destroyed or reformed. They can only exist as they are, regardless of how the story may take it. No matter what Sylvanas does, and whatever direction the player chooses, the Horde is still the Horde. You can't choose to side with Garrosh and become part of the Iron Horde. You can't side with any Alliance leader other than Anduin/Varian Wrynn. The factions are static, and I see that as a limit to the stories that could be told. Lordaeron's fall is gamechanging, the Iron Horde's fall was not.

I'm going to share what i was thinking about a faction split when they introduced Warmode.

Warmode ON, youre in a horde or Alliance only mode. You can only do PVE content with other Warmode ON of your faction. Not that much difference from right now.
    Warmode OFF, everyones with warmode OFF is your friend, you can play with everyone and go almost everywhere.

Attach new "faction" leaders for those with warmode ON (Sylvanas/Tyrande), add new small cities/camps or special zones, like they did with the class halls, for those with Warmode ON, give Warmode a cooldown to make switching between the 2 a bit meaningfull, put everything in phasing and thats it. Making 2 pvp factions and 1 pve faction is really easy with their Warmode ON/OFF feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Not even just queueing. I'm saying you can right click Lok'tar's name and invite him to a group to do higher-end raids as well. Cross-faction communities too.
    I'm just imagining all the blizzcon coverage I've seen before with those fans being incredibly...passionate...about their support for horde vs. alliance. Then imagining the expansion reveal with one of the Blizzard guys up on stage saying, "YOU CAN NOW GROUP CROSS FACTION!!! YAY!" and just getting back a thundering amount of booing from the audience.

I think cross-faction grouping would end up being overall good for the community and the game but I think it's reception at a Blizzcon as an announced feature would go over real bad.

We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    There won't be a 3rd or a 4th faction just the same 2 factions Horde and Alliance. Also why would you want to worship Old Gods they are really fucked up.....you must really enjoy being sodomized.
    At least they know how to hit the spot.