Thread: WoW Classic HD

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Why not just add heirloom gear, character boosts, lfg/lfd, and boa gear.
    Your post and OP's post are two incredibly different things. Modern retail graphics being in Classic WoW in no way has ANY effect on the gameplay that makes Classic what is it. Literally zero impact on the actual gameplay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sys01 View Post
    Best comment to date.

OnTopic: But yeah, the graphics of Classic are more than fine. What matters is the gameplay, which to be honest, is way better than what BFA has to offer, for me at least.
    I agree with the gameplay and social part of classic, but i still would be more happy if the game looks 2019.
    Might be just me, having updated graphics isn't a bad thing.

This thread is so new and original...

NO CHANGES

As much as I love most retail graphics, the new animations for their character models are absolutely awful. Which is sad because all the new meshes and terrain textures really shine.

What they could have done is upscaling Classic textures. This would have demanded a lot of work, but it can be done step by step (and it could still be done after release). That would be close to the idea behind Starcraft Remastered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree.

And High Elves for Alliance and Ogres for Horde to boot.
    *Warcraft 2 music starts playing loudly in the background*

Now that's a brilliant idea. So awesome and requested that it would move the whole RP community to Classic though.
    Last edited by Koward; 2019-08-20 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    The experience of classic would have been better if they remade all textures and models in HD. A missed chance if you ask me.
    maybe. I personally like the route they have taken and I will play with graphiccs on 3 - aka "true to classic" graphics. To each their own I guess - I will have like 700 FPS but yeah, I like the charm of the older graphics personally.

The experience of classic would have been better if they remade all textures and models in HD. A missed chance if you ask me.
    I get what you're saying, but like with any old game I don't think it needs anything other than bugfixes, adding graphics etc defeats the purpose.

I agree with the gameplay and social part of classic, but i still would be more happy if the game looks 2019.
    But they updated the graphics? If you open the options, there's a slider for graphics quality (like in retail), and the setting "Classic" is literally on level 3 of 10, so there's 7 levels of better graphics quality than in 2004.

Maybe but is it an awful switch from retail to classic

Thank god !
    Then go back to it ?

the only thing i want in classic is being able to change the view distance

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Shhhh don’t say this, all the purists will be awoke and we can’t afford having any more of them since the last culling.
    To late my dude xD

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Why not just add heirloom gear, character boosts, lfg/lfd, and boa gear.
    Im happy wither either graphics. Modern are sleeker, more refined. But when I popped open the stress test last weekend, the old models sent shivers down our spines. So its all good

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want to play Vanilla but with BFA goggles? And they already made a lot of graphical updates the game looks amazing compared to ACTUAL vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Then go back to it ?
    Careful, you might get @Benomatic on your back for suggesting such blasphemy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Im guessing you are missing all but one finger?
    Yup, exactly, you got me bro.
    I get what you mean (and you are somehow right), but let's not exaggerate on Vanilla WoW being just only a 1-button spam.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't say it's a bad thing. It's just that personally I don't see it necessary at all.
    | i9 10850K | RTX 3080 Ti Aorus | Z490 Aorus Ultra G2 | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3600MHz | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Seagate BarraCuda 6TB | Corsair HX1000W Platinum | Cooler Master H500M

7+ Year Old Account

Thumbs down

i still would be more happy if the game looks 2019.
    Still even retail isn't. It even far from look close to it, however, it's if don’t start “swearing” about stylistic changes made to the game starting, for example, with WoD. No, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    This thread is so new and original...
    Yep *looking in own notes* like:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    And here goes elephant that you didn't notice (touches back in chronological order):
    <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7> <8> <9> <10> <11> <12> <13> <14> <15> <16> <17> <18> <19> <20> <21> <22> <23>
    Last one ended with this. I feel that current one is even more "bait" (purpose) of all those others.

In short, all that you are allowed to have is here:
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    But they updated the graphics? If you open the options, there's a slider for graphics quality (like in retail), and the setting "Classic" is literally on level 3 of 10, so there's 7 levels of better graphics quality than in 2004.
    because other choices are all about gameplay, which you can't have as "settings", only as gameplay "options". So this
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well the new models effects the game play or enjoyment of no one
    is wrong.

You just...

- - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KondiPrint View Post
    --- snip(slippery slope justification) ---
    And the answer to it is the same:
    This only proves the slippery slope argument that people used at the beginning of all discussions, but it doesn't justify either what has already been done or what else could be.
    And this
    --- snip(slippery slope justification) ---
    change nothing in what I said.

- - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I disagree. I prefer new models and new animations. Old animations were bland.
    For the most part this isn't argumentation at all, it's purely preference. But argumentation looks something like this:
    It doesn’t matter what you think, it doesn’t matter what I think, it matters: what was and what became. And if what you first spoke about are unaccounted flaws, let's call them conditionally "bugs", then base animation of running, using abilities, banal posture, character's behavior when it just stands still, and so on - was never a bug, but just distinguishing feature of specific race and gender... Therefore, replacement of posture, running and... well, you're understanding already, aren't you? Replacing all of these(EU-run) basic key animations is violation of original concept and no opinions in this case carry more weight. Characters had all features listed above (including animation, basic geometry and set of colors), and changing them is abuse of one’s position, elevation of one’s personal opinion over others. So, explain to me, how it was possible to get brown hair from "black with purple"? What degree of color blindness this should be to make such mistake. I think, there is no need to prove differences in animations, otherwise you won't be talking about some kind of "improvement". I'm absolutely sure that they were able to repeat old models' animations, but they changed them. And if they would slightly tensed, then also geometry would correspond to its original idea (and not so that: oval face was replaced - with a trapeze; correct posture was replaced - with crooked legs, broken back and dangling straightened arms and fingers, as if they never have heard about tendons, which in a relaxed position bends hands at elbows and fingers at phalanxes like it was on old models).

(Note: almost all pictures aren't mine, I used warlock's set, that was on EU-forum)

I have given frequent examples now, but there were so many of them, that it can safely be said that there is complete discrepancy with original concepts. I spoke (in previous message) in generalized manner, not specifically considering worgens. Just basic approach to work, some principle. As for worgens, I didn’t have any of them, but judging by everything, at least even if taking just this topic - animations are different. What follows from this (as stated above)? There is nothing good in it = this is unauthorized replacement, but not an improvement.
    So - no, new animations aren't "good" at all and first of all it's contained in the word “new” (which in our case is full-fledged synonym for the word “different”). Which makes this statement
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrannin View Post
    couldnt agree more, better textures couldnt hurt anyone
    stupid, because we are talking not only and not so much about textures, although about them too.

ps. Stupid topic, same people, same talking, just waste of time
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-08-20 at 08:10 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

To all the people saying there shouldn't be any changes to Classic, these are some of the changes that is already happening:

https : //imgur . com/0ZzzTIt

(From www . mmo-champion. com /threads/2444718-Classic-WoW-FAQ)

So why are people so adamant on not letting people enjoy smoother textures/animations?

Edit: Can't post links sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sacrilege!

I see no harm in having a CLIENT SIDE toggle that allows for WoD+ character models, high res textures etc. Graphics/Textures do not equal gameplay.

My WotLK client is modded to the absolute highest fuck. I get high-res textures, new models including NPCs and creatures, and even mounts. All that PLUS fantastic gameplay.

To all the people saying there shouldn't be any changes to Classic, these are some of the changes that is already happening:

https : //imgur . com/0ZzzTIt

(From www . mmo-champion. com /threads/2444718-Classic-WoW-FAQ)

So why are people so adamant on not letting people enjoy smoother textures/animations?

Edit: Can't post links sorry.
    Its the principle

By not changing the graphics you are showing your stance on the entire project. #NoChanges
    By "improving" the graphics it would be to go against this principle.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Its the principle

By not changing the graphics you are showing your stance on the entire project. #NoChanges
    By "improving" the graphics it would be to go against this principle.

IMO
    But what about the already implemented changes? And the graphic are *already* better than they were in Vanilla, why not go all the way then?

Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    As much as I love most retail graphics, the new animations for their character models are absolutely awful. Which is sad because all the new meshes and terrain textures really shine.
    I disagree. I prefer new models and new animations. Old animations were bland.
    What they could have done is upscaling Classic textures. This would have demanded a lot of work, but it can be done step by step (and it could still be done after release). That would be close to the idea behind Starcraft Remastered.
    You have to make a new model from scratch. Putting good texture on low poly model makes entire endeavour futile. Just look.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.