7+ Year Old Account
    If I had a pet battle app I would definitely bother with pet battles more. Not worth my time when playing on desktop but could be nice while travelling or in a boring Uni class.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    The Lich King Strikes Back?
    *The Black Empire Strikes Back

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Quite a few dumb people did.
    Yeah I tried phrasing it nicely, but fuck these people.

What about “The Rise of the Windrunner”?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    god no please

Quote Originally Posted by AbuOfUluru View Post
    god no please
    Well we have 3 to choose from and 1.5 aren't so bad (I like Vereesa and Alleria is somehow okay, only Sylvanas is a clusterf*ck).

5+ Year Old Account
    I actually think Shadowlands is a pretty plausible name for the next expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather drink bleach.

Formerly known as Arafal

Well we have 3 to choose from and 1.5 aren't so bad (I like Vereesa and Alleria is somehow okay, only Sylvanas is a clusterf*ck).
    Does it mean that we can hit Vereesa with villain bat and kill her off?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It sort of is nowadays.
    Lvling has developed into a mandatory chore rather than being a big Progression.
    But to bring in new players you can't have only the endgame exciting. Imagine somebody who has been playing FFXIV or GW2 or ESO for years now and perhaps no longer even has a character. They will start at level 1 and the disjointed clusterfuck will discourage them of continuing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mahmeya View Post

*What I think might work would be something like the GTA2 gang system: a bunch of factions where working for one would hurt your reputation with another (kind-of Aldor and Scryers on a larger scale) where the player could work for (almost, see below) any in mercenary style
    Which was a thing in Vanilla actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    It sort of is nowadays.
    Lvling has developed into a mandatory chore rather than being a big Progression.
    This is one of the reasons why BfA level ups feel pointless. Doesn't matter if you're 110, 113 or 119, you don't get any character progression throughout your journey. And not even on 120. It's all either gear or HoA levels.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is one of the reasons why BfA level ups feel pointless. Doesn't matter if you're 110, 113 or 119, you don't get any character progression throughout your journey. And not even on 120. It's all either gear or HoA levels.
    Tbf, you do get the essence system at 120 after finishing a questline. But I get what you're saying. Nothing that is a reward for leveling up itself (abilities, talents, etc..)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Tbf, you do get the essence system at 120 after finishing a questline. But I get what you're saying. Nothing that is a reward for leveling up itself (abilities, talents, etc..)
    Well that's true, you get essences at 120 (which are unfortunately not class specific). That's the only thing you'll achieve for leveling up when it comes to character progression - which is just sad. And which wasn't a thing until ~ 1 year into BfA which makes it even worse.

Why do I bring this up? I'm trying to level my Paladin to 120. Doesn't struck me before how pointless levels are in BfA. I made it to 111, nothing happened. Made it to 112, nothing happened. Basically you can remove 111-119 because nothing changes.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2019-08-20 at 12:42 PM.

Because of scaling, don't you get weaker when you hit 111, 112?

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    At least it feels like that, yes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, not how it works. You stay the same power level but enemies get stronger. (The only actual time you get weaker is when legendaries get disabled)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    I actually think Shadowlands is a pretty plausible name for the next expansion.
    Sound logic to me: N'zoth is free, he can Raise the Black Empire... but we go to the Land of the Death.

After all, while Azetorh is is dying and no one cares (except for Magni and N'zoth), we have a faction battle, for no reason.

So, we go to the Shadowland to bring the Lights an take back the Azeroth's Soul. The Alliance became Saints and Horde Martyrs, the new source of "artifact power" will be an Halo.

World of Warcraft: LIGHTBRINGERS ^^;
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

I'd rather have “The Rise of the Wildhammers”. What an expansion that would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I really hope they have the courage to go all the way and scrap the old stuff. I personally don't think keeping an old version of the world serves any purpose.
    That would break a lot of old quests, make a lot of stuff unobtainable... they are way more careful with that stuff these days.

Im guessing the next expansion will be a "Save Azeroth's Soul"/ Infinite Dragonflight expansion followed by a WoW soft reset or "Rebirth" so to speak for 10.0

Well a) higher level enemies should be stronger, eh, and b) for us, it's usually merely not getting (significantly) stronger in the first few levels of an expansion due to having "OP" gear from last expansion's endgame which was far better than quest rewards. The legendary dropoff was noticeable (mostly due to utility stuff though, tbh, like the Warrior shoulders granting two additional charges on Heroic Leap) but it also had to happen, too. Some were turned into talents anyway.