You are constantly getting stronger if you are casual leveling, because gear from new quests end up always better than what you had before.

But, if you have a well-geared character from previous expansion, you do get weaker as new gear is often worse than yours, and your gear scaling gets worse as you level up.

It’s not much different from what it was before scaling, except that you could outlevel some areas before, and you’d only feel weaker when you moved to new areas.

IMO, the benefits of scaling far outweight its drawbacks. Whole world to play and never feeling really safe are awesome for the long term of the game. In pre-Legion expansions, 80% or so of the area became useless once you reached max level.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-08-20 at 02:16 PM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    You are constantly getting stronger if you are casual leveling, because gear from new quests end up always better than what you had before.

But, if you have a well-geared character from previous expansion, you do get weaker as new gear is often worse than yours, and your gear scaling get worse as tou level up.

It’s not much different from what it was before scaling, except that you could outlevel some areas before, and you’d only feel weaker when you moved to new areas.

IMO, the benefits of scaling far outweight its drawbacks. Whole world to play and never feeling really safe are awesome for the long term of the game. In pre-Legion expansions, 80% or so of the area became useless once you reached max level.
    Scaling makes fun when your character progresses otherwise. In BfA, your character doesn't. That's the biggest problem. Only your gear evolves, not your character itself (e.g new skills, talents etc.).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Scaling makes fun when your character progresses otherwise. In BfA, your character doesn't. That's the biggest problem. Only your gear evolves, not your character itself (e.g new skills, talents etc.).
    I agree. There should be some kind of progression. But I’m analyzing just the scaling tech, not the overall BfA experience. I’d hate to see scaling be removed just because class progression is bad.
    Whatever...

Dollar says we won't even step foot in Ny'alotha this expac. Build to it, yep. 8.3 is going to have the faction war play out to it's conclusion and we'll end the expac on a big ass cliffhanger which will lead us to the Dragon isles and Ny'alotha in the next expac
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    He knows that, eventually leveling alts will run out and if you screw up end game...well it will be Cata again.
    There was nothing at all wrong with Cata. The raids were some of the best ones ever made, so were the dungeons. Arena was amazing. What are you talking about? Why do people insist Cata was bad, do you have any idea what you're talking about at all? BfA/WoD are/were bad. Cata was good.

Many people enjoy leveling alts through the world once they are done with the end game/competitive side of WoW. After I'm done with M+ progression and arena I like to relax on an alt by enjoying WoW's awesome, open world. Open world which is -VERY OVERDUE- for an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Think of us as a nice bowl of hot soup in your favorite tavern after a long day of adventuring. It warms body and soul.
    Is it leek soup tho ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    There was nothing at all wrong with Cata. The raids were some of the best ones ever made, so were the dungeons. Arena was amazing. What are you talking about? Why do people insist Cata was bad, do you have any idea what you're talking about at all? BfA/WoD are/were bad. Cata was good.

Many people enjoy leveling alts through the world once they are done with the end game/competitive side of WoW. After I'm done with M+ progression and arena I like to relax on an alt by enjoying WoW's awesome, open world. Open world which is -VERY OVERDUE- for an update.
    Cata was hated a lot and still is to this day. You talking about you going about your alts is what you do and Blizzard can't spend all their resources doing the open world and...then thats it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Nah nah nah nah nah. That's designed to fly, in fact that necessitates flight.

But being designed for flight? That requires making a zone where not only is flight useful, but also flight isn't just a mindless cycle of "get quest, mount, fly, land, kill 10 bears, mount, fly back, turn in..."
    You're basically saying yes, it's designed for flight, but it doesn't meet your subjective criterias for how enjoyable/well designed it is. It doesn't discount the fact they were designed for it. I for one liked those zones, and that was uninhibited by flight.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Is it leek soup tho ?
    Well it has leek in it. And noodles.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I'd rather have “The Rise of the Wildhammers”. What an expansion that would be!
    How bout 'Rise of the Clans'

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    I got it. Shadochi's 9.0 pfp is:
    https://i.imgflip.com/38ijn0

Well it has leek in it. And noodles.
    The best kind of soup then. ♥

3+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. How about a soup themed expansion for WoW?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    does cooked escargot always crawl back up your throat?

7+ Year Old Account
    "World of warcraft - Soup"

New continent:
    'Soup Bowl'

5 new zones:
    - Chicken Soup
    - Potato Soup
    - Fish Soup
    - Onion Soup
    - Gazpacho

new class:
    'Soup-mancer'

example abilitites:
    - Eat Soup: eat soup, restore X soup.
    - Throw Soup: Throw soup, deal X damage.
    - Soup burn: Throw more soup, deal X damage over 10 seconds.
    - Force feed: force feed soup to target, increasing their stamina by X but reducing targets damage dealt by X%.
    - Slurp: slurp soup, interrupt all enemies around you, 40 yards, instant.

New features:
    - Nomis grande-soup expeditions
    - Soup fronts
    - Soupnarios

New artifact progression:
    - Heart of Soup

Formerly known as Arafal

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

New continent:
    'Soup Bowl'

5 new zones:
    - Chicken Soup
    - Potato Soup
    - Fish Soup
    - Onion Soup
    - Gazpacho

new class:
    'Soup-mancer'

example abilitites:
    - Eat Soup: eat soup, restore X soup.
    - Throw Soup: Throw soup, deal X damage.
    - Soup burn: Throw more soup, deal X damage over 10 seconds.
    - Force feed: force feed soup to target, increasing their stamina by X but reducing targets damage dealt by X%.
    - Slurp: slurp soup, interrupt all enemies around you, 40 yards, instant.

New features:
    - Nomis grande-soup expeditions
    - Soup fronts
    - Soupnarios

New artifact progression:
    - Heart of Soup

Not bad. I would think Soup-mancer would work well as a monk spec. They are all about brews. And maybe the central conflict would be to make the Soup of Azeroth. As the main dish for the celebration of the end of the faction war. Lots of quests for gatherers and crafters. Main story would be about sabotage. The competition for best soup recipe involves a lot of blackmail, kidnapping and murder.

10+ Year Old Account
    End Boss will be Nomi obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    does cooked escargot always crawl back up your throat?
    1. No, it's cooked, and therefore DEAD.

2. I'm a vegetarian.

3. Even when I wasn't, I used to hate escargots.

4. *throws poisoned baguette at Lilithvia*

World of Warcraft: The Eternal Soup

New continent: Soupolia
    New class: Soupologist
    New way of leveling: Create the best soups in all Azeroth.

Remove all the old world questlines and replace them with soup questlines. Here you go, the timeline is fixed boyzzz!

10+ Year Old Account
    Fam blizzcon season should be starting soon.

Literally like any day/week now. Last year it was 8-19, with classic on 8-27 they might delay it until after, but it's definitely coming. It's my favorite time of the year tbh, the 2 months leading up to blizzcon is hype af. And as someone who is going again this year, for my third time, I get more and more hyped as it gets closer.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather drink bleach.
    hahaha, thanks for that, but yea that name is terrible.