Thread: No Ret Pallies

Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I could be the best ret in the world but the tank would still beat you.

1. Ret is the worst dps. Mechanically there is nothing you can do. Pets can beat you.
    2. You will never have any gear because no one invites Ret. That's just a fact.
    3. If you made your own groups as Ret, people will just leave. No one likes carrying trash specs.
    Again not true, you can get crafty and do well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    you need at least one ret
    Standing outside the raid to buff them as they go in right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clavius View Post
    I didn't say you don't have to care about anything, stop putting words in my mouth. I said that you don't have to be so serious that you prevent people from playing a 15 year old game.
    So you are an antixaxxer right? It is the same thing. That right that people have to choose not to vaccinate their children causes no harm right? Why let the worst dps in the game in your raid? All it will do is make the experience worse for everyone else. But that's ok. As long as we protect the rights of one and ignore the rights of the rest. I mean, who cares of polio is making a comeback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    If I'm bringing a Ret to a dungeon, I want DPS, not off heals.
    Then classic isn't for you. Hybrids aren't DPS.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Thank God most people here disagree with you.
    I guess counting is hard. People agree with me in this thread is 423. Disagree is 192.
    why so mad bro

I guess counting is hard. People agree with me in this thread is 423. Disagree is 192.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hilarious post. Looks like author never met rank14 retri paladins. Ofc they have to put more efforts into it. But stop talking about IMPOSIBRUUUU

The ironic part is that you state there were no metrics, meaning it was an assumption and you call THOSE people "stupid."

lol
    If your dps is zero, it is zero. There are no assumptions. I guess that's what happens when you get an art degree instead of something that gets you a career.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Nice comeback. Is that what you usually use when you are presented with facts or am I special.
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Pretty much this. This is how it actually worked in Vanilla.
    You seem to have encountered a completely different version of Vanilla.

Back in Classic, you were one of the following classes. Mind you, you never raided unless you had fire gear, so take that into consideration. You could be any one of the bottom classes, but with no fire gear you couldn't raid with an established group.

Protection Warrior (You were allowed to do DPS when the fight called for less tanks)
    Assassination Rogue
    "Frost" Mage (Most frost mages had a majority of points in Arcane for mana due to long raids, and someone probably getting recurse duty.)
    3 Warlocks, just enough to get their buffs.
    Holy Priest for sure and enough Shadow Priests to fill into key groups that their buffs.
    Holy Paladin (btw you might be asked to stand away from the group)
    Resto Shaman (Your priority is decreased, never expect a rebirth. In fact, just make sure you Rez yourself.)
    Resto Druid (You're here for innervates, Rebirths, and not a whole lot else.)
    Hunter (If you forget ammo and don't bring a bow to get broken by Nef, you won't last long)

That's it. That's the list of what goes. Keep in mind that you get a limited number of buffs. So if your class puts a debuff on the boss then your value drops unless it's the best debuff. But guess what? It's not. Good luck playing a feral DPS druid, because all of your bleeds aren't valuable enough to have boss slots.

Can you play in a 5 man? I mean, sure maybe. You might not have fun, because there is real truth to the fact that Hybrids literally just were not as good. Could a 2handed Shaman pump out damage in an instant? Sure. But over long fights you're better off bringing someone else.

Can you be as successful if you go out of your way to run hybrids? The answer is no. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is just bold-faced lying to you.

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    In terms of DPS, what is the ratio for Ret to other specs, that makes it so unviable?
    the ratio is - "reroll holy paladin or gtfo"

simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    It's your choice to play what you want, but if I see one "no one will invite me I'm ret" thread I will show them no mercy
    ^

Found a really nice video that summarizes things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bsY688L6J0

TL;DR you are competing with warriors for gear who outperform you so unless your guild is lacking in warriors(unlikely since at least 3 warriors are needed) you won't get gear over them.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    You seem to have encountered a completely different version of Vanilla.

Back in Classic, you were one of the following classes. Mind you, you never raided unless you had fire gear, so take that into consideration. You could be any one of the bottom classes, but with no fire gear you couldn't raid with an established group.

Protection Warrior (You were allowed to do DPS when the fight called for less tanks)
    Assassination Rogue
    "Frost" Mage (Most frost mages had a majority of points in Arcane for mana due to long raids, and someone probably getting recurse duty.)
    3 Warlocks, just enough to get their buffs.
    Holy Priest for sure and enough Shadow Priests to fill into key groups that their buffs.
    Holy Paladin (btw you might be asked to stand away from the group)
    Resto Shaman (Your priority is decreased, never expect a rebirth. In fact, just make sure you Rez yourself.)
    Resto Druid (You're here for innervates, Rebirths, and not a whole lot else.)
    Hunter (If you forget ammo and don't bring a bow to get broken by Nef, you won't last long)

That's it. That's the list of what goes.
    Everything goes in Classic and that's the nice part about it. Suboptimal groups work too, in raids and in dungeons. That's the great part about Classic. Those groups might be dysfunctional in higher raids like AQ40 or Nax but until then... they (can make it) work.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

There is a solution for those who don't want rets in their group - go horde
    ez fix

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Then classic isn't for you. Hybrids aren't DPS.
    Oh no! Should I unsub now?
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

https://i.imgur.com/a5Uo4Iz.png

even the self-proclaimed "god of Ret" struggles to get above the tanks

lol

OP doesn't know that while classes will play exactly like their 2004 counterparts, blizzard did do a balance sweep across the board to bring previously unusable specs in line with all of the others. Nothing to see here, move along folks.
    Kthxhugsbye

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/a5Uo4Iz.png

even the self-proclaimed "god of Ret" struggles to get above the tanks

lol
    we need more of these screenshots

If your dps is zero, it is zero. There are no assumptions. I guess that's what happens when you get an art degree instead of something that gets you a career.
    If your DPS is zero, you're literally doing nothing. Just because someone's DPS doesn't meet your personal standards does not mean it's "zero." Were you not the person who just said "counting is hard?" You're on fire with the irony.

Nice comeback. Is that what you usually use when you are presented with facts or am I special.
    Opinions =/= facts

I can't believe I have to tell someone this in 2019.

Standing outside the raid to buff them as they go in right?

- - - Updated - - -

So you are an antixaxxer right? It is the same thing. That right that people have to choose not to vaccinate their children causes no harm right? Why let the worst dps in the game in your raid? All it will do is make the experience worse for everyone else. But that's ok. As long as we protect the rights of one and ignore the rights of the rest. I mean, who cares of polio is making a comeback.
    dude, what? people have 3 manned onyxia for f***s sake, if someone wants to play ret then they will play ret and everyone gets their raid done for the week, you twisting this to politics is just... okay.

EDIT:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOKlXklfzzE
    "RRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT will not play in my raid, I'm special and eat crayons on every meal!"
    Last edited by clavius; 2019-08-20 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    There is a solution for those who don't want rets in their group - go horde
    ez fix
    So simple
    <Multipass>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    ret is arguably the best with nightfall due to seal of command procs. with good gear they can even be great off healers and do a bit of dps too. their debuff is pretty nice as well. i will be playing a lock so the more rets we get come naxx the better. ret is really good in naxx 40
    Ret isn't "really good" in Naxx 40 by any stretch of the imagination unless you're comparing it to prior iterations of itself inside a vacuum.

For the record you get more Nightfall uptime from a Hunter spamming Wing Clip than from a Ret, the thing is that the Ret swinging NF barely makes a difference to their DPS anyways so it's a good bitch job for them to have.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.