Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Hypocritical blood elf view of void elves

Don't get me wrong, I know part of what makes the void elves special is that they aren't reckless nor yielding to the madness of the whispers, however the reason the blood elves are rejecting the void elves is because void studies are reckless...

EXCUSE ME? Blood Elves? Wasn't the whole point of blood elves departing from the safe Quel'dorei/Kaldorei mentality and you know go all out - recklessly even? Wasn't that the whole problem the high elves had with the blood elves when they chose not to join them. And didn't the long vigil night elves banish the high elves because they used arcane magic recklessly (when it was thought to draw the legion to Azeroth)

Aren't the blood elves at the very least doing exactly the same thing the long vigil night elves did to the high elves? Aren't they being a bit hypocritical - what do they do with shadow priests and warlocks? Why are they accepted and not void elves?

Elf and hypocrite have always gone hand and hand.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

because this entire plot-line has been ruined for the sake of imaginary korean girlfriends.

3+ Year Old Account
    Blood elves act like they weren’t fel addicts or arcane addicts in recent years.

They Enslaved a naru briefly. Pretty bad if you ask me.

Blood elves had to use fel(which is nothing bad in their opinion, even now) because their precious Sunwell has been destroyed. Void magic is very dangerous for the Sunwell, so it is prohibited to avoid situation from Warcraft 3 when many children and old elves died. There is nothing hypocritical because they, just as always, put their safety and convenience before anything.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I know part of what makes the void elves special is that they aren't reckless nor yielding to the madness of the whispers, however the reason the blood elves are rejecting the void elves is because void studies are reckless...

EXCUSE ME? Blood Elves? Wasn't the whole point of blood elves departing from the safe Quel'dorei/Kaldorei mentality and you know go all out - recklessly even? Wasn't that the whole problem the high elves had with the blood elves when they chose not to join them. And didn't the long vigil night elves banish the high elves because they used arcane magic recklessly (when it was thought to draw the legion to Azeroth)

Aren't the blood elves at the very least doing exactly the same thing the long vigil night elves did to the high elves? Aren't they being a bit hypocritical - what do they do with shadow priests and warlocks? Why are they accepted and not void elves?
    Not really, you keep touting about how night elves change and are in a progressive story over a period, yet you can't see the same for blood elves?

blood elves were a bit reckless at first, and felt justifiably so, but they changed, turning points were the Scryer team approaching a'dal, and diverting from Kael'thas grain of blood elves who were becoming more reckless like the kaldorei at the time of the 1st Legion invasoin.

they however turn, from that path and are not those same blood elves anymore, they are becoming ab it more liek their high elven selves.. In my opinion, there are only elements of the blood elves that are reckless, but overall many of them understand power with restraint, but pushing it..tha'ts the whole idea of the fel crystal thing - Illidan taught them how to manage taking what they need to survive and be victorious without losing themselves or becoming addicted. Gone were the old concepts of fear of using power, they realised they coudl handle much more than previously thought, this isn't actually reckless. Kael'thas then goes reckless siding with the legion, this is when he goes over board and loses his way, but the blood elves don't follow, instead get redeemed.

So it is understandable how they view that the void elves are reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Blood elves act like they weren’t fel addicts or arcane addicts in recent years.

They Enslaved a naru briefly. Pretty bad if you ask me.
    Fel(used with caution) and arcane do not hurt the Sunwell.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a fundemental difference at the core.

Fel Magic, while bad, doesn't hold a significant chance to corrupt you, your loved ones, and those around you. Used properly, like the Blood Elves used it, it can replace alot of problems you might of faced, and be benefitial.

Void Magic, has a guarenteed chance to corrupt you if you aren't prepared. And takes ALOT OF STUDY AND PRACTICE just to have a chance to not be corrupted by it. And even then, your magic has a chance to corrupt things around you, no matter how well you've trained yourself. Just look at Aleria and the Sunwell. She neraly destroyed it and doomed Azeroth just by being near it.

So no, the Sin'dorei aren't being terribly hypocritical. The Alliance are fooling themselves if they think the Void Elves aren't a threat to them, and Azeroth proper. Short term they got it. Long term, world is doomed.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    because this entire plot-line has been ruined for the sake of imaginary korean girlfriends.
    a korean girlfriend sounds great
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Void elf walked by the Sunwell and nearly made it burst. The very existence of Void elves puts Blood elf civilization in danger. Any Blood elf would consider any elf willing to become entangled in void to be reckless.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    there is no caution in using the fel, the blood elf starting quests show this as lead-in their issues in BC proper.
    and btw, the sunwell hasn't been arcane since the end of BC, it's light elemented which is why the void is a threat because the light and the void are diametrically opposed like matter and anti-matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    And other than Alleria who got to close, how many of the Void Elves went for the sunwell before they were exiled?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds to me like the bloodelves learned from their misstakes and voidelves are the edgy teens that do it again anyway, because what could possibly go wrong by abusing the void.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    there is no caution in using the fel, the blood elf starting quests show this as lead-in their issues in BC proper.
    and btw, the sunwell hasn't been arcane since the end of BC, it's light elemented which is why the void is a threat because the light and the void are diametrically opposed like matter and anti-matter.
    Well according to everything I've read it's a mix of arcane and light....but either way we don't see hardcore Warlocks or Demon Hunters go to the Sunwell to see if their presence will affect it.

Don't forget the part where the whole reason the Blood Elves are blood elves is because they used and became addicted to Fel magic for YEARS after the sunwell was destroyed.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    Fel Magic, while bad, doesn't hold a significant chance to corrupt you, your loved ones, and those around you.
    are you high? like felwood,BC shadowmoon, and tanaan would like a few words with you.
    even metaphysical spiritual entities were corrupted irrevocably by fel magics.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Not really, you keep touting about how night elves change and are in a progressive story over a period, yet you can't see the same for blood elves?

blood elves were a bit reckless at first, and felt justifiably so, but they changed, turning points were the Scryer team approaching a'dal, and diverting from Kael'thas grain of blood elves who were becoming more reckless like the kaldorei at the time of the 1st Legion invasoin.

they however turn, from that path and are not those same blood elves anymore, they are becoming ab it more liek their high elven selves.. In my opinion, there are only elements of the blood elves that are reckless, but overall many of them understand power with restraint, but pushing it..tha'ts the whole idea of the fel crystal thing - Illidan taught them how to manage taking what they need to survive and be victorious without losing themselves or becoming addicted. Gone were the old concepts of fear of using power, they realised they coudl handle much more than previously thought, this isn't actually reckless. Kael'thas then goes reckless siding with the legion, this is when he goes over board and loses his way, but the blood elves don't follow, instead get redeemed.

So it is understandable how they view that the void elves are reckless.
    So although the void elves tell them that they can manage this power, and the proof is in Alleria, the blood elves still reject them.. doing exactly what the long vigil night elves did to the high elves, choosing fear and possibility over proof, not trusting their own kin.. it is hypocrisy, plain and simple.

It is ironic that it is the night elves that are more accepting now, not only have they accepted highborne back, but condone and facilitated the release of the demon hunters, and now they are wielding the void via the Night Warrior ritual too.. now who's the progressive group .. reminds me of the conservative party, despite being the right winged group, they are the ones that took the UK into the EU, they are the only party to have any female prime minster, and they are the ones that legalized gay marriage. Even though traditionally they have been the ones most opposed to some to some of these.

10+ Year Old Account

Except that Void reacts even worse on the Sunwell than the Fel did. And even so, I think after the cleansing, they'd rather stay how they are than see another divide.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

the blood elves reject the void elves because their use of the void magic endangers the sunwell by extension to all quelthalas!

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Sounds to me like the bloodelves learned from their misstakes and voidelves are the edgy teens that do it again anyway, because what could possibly go wrong by abusing the void.
    Exactly, thank you. Plain and simple.

- - - Updated - - -

So although the void elves tell them that they can manage this power, and the proof is in Alleria, the blood elves still reject them.. doing exactly what the long vigil night elves did to the high elves, choosing fear and possibility over proof, not trusting their own kin.. it is hypocrisy, plain and simple.

It is ironic that it is the night elves that are more accepting now, not only have they accepted highborne back, but condone and facilitated the release of the demon hunters, and now they are wielding the void via the Night Warrior ritual too.. now who's the progressive group .. reminds me of the conservative party, despite being the right winged group, they are the ones that took the UK into the EU, they are the only party to have any female prime minster, and they are the ones that legalized gay marriage. Even though traditionally they have been the ones most opposed to some to some of these.
    In other words, the night elves are the ones becoming more reckless. - who're the hypocrites now?