Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    And guess what.
    you will still know something in that zone kicked alot of people's asses
    cause they are not removing skeletons
    so there will still be fucking skeletons.
    Not if people die in other locations.

Also how is people abused it to break the games rules without any chance of punishment
    it caused lag
    it looked horrible
    it was annoying
    and was just stupid
    a good point?
    I feel like you wont like classic
    if a minor change this fucking small makes you up in arms
    dont play classic
    cause its filled with HUNDREDS of changes just like this.
    enjoy your illegal servers which have just as many if not more changes.
    Your posts come off as hyper-defensive rambling nonsense. Seriously, if you want to have a discussion about something it might be worth actually discussing rather than just arguing with everything and everyone over the dumbest shit you can possibly misunderstand from their statement.

I'm not upset at Blizzard for making this change.
    I get why this change happened.
    I'm fully aware skeletons will still be in the game, but not in the way they were back then. That's a bummer, and could possibly be a bad precedent for how players might manipulate other things such as public chat channels and even features like high ranked PvP players being able to use WorldDefense channel.
    I'm not saying any more than this. Infer as much more from my post as you want, but that's literally all you're doing. It's a waste of time to reply to.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    what's next, deny farm rares for loot because chineese gold farmers do that too?
    That's the laziest strawman I've ever read on these forums, and that's a high mark.

Even if Blizzard wasn't cheap, and they often are, the biggest support/GM team in the world wouldn't change that certain things being disabled that help reduce the amount of work they have to do is a net positive. You simply can't track a mass influx of farmers doing that without it taking a huge amount of your work resources that could be spent on actual in-game problems players need immediately addressed.

Then again, I can't be objective here, because I always thought TOO many skeletons stacked together over a period of a lot of deaths eventually started to look stupid. Gold buying ads or not.

Who doesn't love skeletons. May Zul Gurub be remembered forever

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    man it must suck to be a chinese citizen. Oh well

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    @FelPlague

You also led me to believe Layering would allow me to meet the same people i leveled up with while questing.
    Truth is...you can change layers by logout.

I trusted you...

We never know what can happen...changes are changes
    logout doesn't change layer.
    only being invited to other groups causes you to change layers.
    there was a bug but that was fixed.
    literally said by blizz today, the only way to change layers would be to be invited by a friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'll never forget my first 10 day trial as a rogue. i'd run over to darnassus, and for that entire 10 days, there was a female nelf corpse laying in the road, there at the fork just before you get to darnassus.
    On my server I once came across “Youvegotmail,” a Gnome who had managed to embed himself right in the mailbox closest to the entrance to Orgrimmar’s throne room before the guards dispatched him. I couldn’t tell you what expansion was the current one then or what class I was playing, but I remember that Gnome’s feet sticking out of that mailbox like it was yesterday.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I'm fully aware skeletons will still be in the game, but not in the way they were back then. That's a bummer, and could possibly be a bad precedent for how players might manipulate other things such as public chat channels and even features like high ranked PvP players being able to use WorldDefense channel.
    Players callign eachother N word in tradechat can be reported
    A pile of skeletons saying the N word has 0 way ever to report the player who placed those skeletons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    From the reddit ama:

Q: Will the Skeletons that appear when someone dies be the same as it was originally? Right now they disappear after you die again, they used to stay longer than that.

A:"While we understand that this was a flavorful part of Original WoW and the earlier expansions, individual players leaving multiple player corpses and skeletons throughout the game world can lead to behavior such as spelling out advertisements, hate speech, and other negative messages. As such, this will not be a part of WoW Classic."

Does anyone else find this really disappointing? Walking into a zone full of skeletons is pretty epic. I find the logic behind the change ridiculous, there are easier ways to advertise or just be dick, such as typing in trade chat..
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    tinfoil time

Its to have it ready to ship to China, cause they are real big on the NO skeleton thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jehct View Post
    So some deaths will cause skeletons and some won't? Where did they report this?

...you clearly misread what they said.

They didn't say there would be NO skeletons, they said there wouldn't be MULTIPLE skeletons leavable by individual players. You die, you res, you leave a skeleton. You die again, you res, that original skeleton goes away and the new one takes its place. Like in retail WoW.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by kingpinuk880 View Post
    Well im not a computer whizzkid or a game developer, but with all the tools and brain power they have at their disposal, i would have thought they could come up with something better than just remove them for everyone. Im sure they could add in a system that recognises letters being organised by skeletons or something of that nature.
    This is likely the easiest and least impactful solution to the issue in question. What you're suggesting always has a chance of false positives, which is just worse for everybody involved.

meanwhile there used to be people constantly writing in dalaran with food tables a mere year ago, I am sure they still do it I just didn't catch them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was led to believe Layering was one cohesive world where we would be meeting the same people with who we started leveling.
    I simply mad
    The layering is temporary and only in starting zones until the rush dies down. It won't be an ongoing issue once you hit level 20 or so.
    Here is something to believe in!

logout doesn't change layer.
    only being invited to other groups causes you to change layers.
    there was a bug but that was fixed.
    literally said by blizz today, the only way to change layers would be to be invited by a friend.
    Just to be clear i think you and Blizzard are correct in removing skeletons because you pointed out so well that it cant be tracked to the player who abused it (because its just a skeleton)

But regarding the AMA about layering.

They say here you can change layers by logging out (just with a delay)

" I’d also like to clarify how multiple layers work with logout. Early in our stress testing, players reported that logging out and back in would let you hop to a new layer to farm the same mineral or herb node on different layers. That was a bug, and we’ve fixed it. Your layer assignment now persists for a few minutes between logouts, long enough that by the time the game would choose a new layer for you, that node would have respawned on its own anyway. "
    As you can see, you can still change layers by logging out.

I quickly did detective work if they said otherwise in the past.
    They were very smart about it.
    They said "you can meet the same people while leveling.....ON ONE GAMING SESSION!

This changes everything
    They quickly squeezed in the "on a gaming session" just so no one would notice.

But as we found out today.......you change layers in every logout (with a delay)

7+ Year Old Account
    Just to be clear i think you and Blizzard are correct in removing skeletons because you pointed out so well that it cant be tracked to the player who abused it (because its just a skeleton)

But regarding the AMA about layering.

They say here you can change layers by logging out (just with a delay)

As you can see, you can still change layers by logging out.

I quickly did detective work if they said otherwise in the past.
    They were very smart about it.
    They said "you can meet the same people while leveling.....ON ONE GAMING SESSION!

This changes everything
    They quickly squeezed in the "on a gaming session" just so no one would notice.

But as we found out today.......you change layers in every logout (with a delay)
    Well that is a shame, sadly though its that or hour long queue times to then log in to massive lag and unable to kill anything ever.

This better be a damn miscommunication or something. It was incredible to see hundreds of skeletons in an area, because you know some shit went down(I know because my guild was probably responsible).

UPDATE: So apparently skeletons arnt going away, just you cant spawn more than 1(as per FelPlague below).
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2019-08-21 at 01:03 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    then you didnt play classic, it happened ALL the time.

they did this all the time, with their bodies, and with skeletons, as skeletons allowed for less accounts needed.
    That image isn't of vanilla. The chat references a "71 unholy DK" so it was likely in WotLK.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    This better be a damn miscommunication or something. What a bogus dumb reason to take away part of the fun of mass world PvP. It was incredible to see hundreds of skeletons in an area, because you know some shit went down(I know because my guild was probably responsible).
    they arnt removing skeletons, they are making it so each person spawns 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    That image isn't of vanilla. The chat references a "71 unholy DK" so it was likely in WotLK.
    i know...
    you seriously didnt think i wouldnt notice the spells, gear, BLOOD ELF, and items the person is using plus the chat, including someone GETTING AN ACHEIVMENT
    its an example of something that happened alot in vanilla, but is a good image ofi t, so who cares when it was.

they arnt removing skeletons, they are making it so each person spawns 1.
    If true, then more people need to know. People are spreading this as if skeletons are going away.

I dont think you know how it works.

ok so for along time in wow when you died your spawned a skeleton for X time (lets say 20 minutes)
    EVERY TIME YOU DIED it spawned a skeleton, and that skeleton would stay for 20 minutes. leading to stuff like

This was changed eventually so that once you died you spawned a skeleton for 20 minutes, but if you died AGAIN your old skeleton would be despawned, and the new one would last for 20 minutes.
    bassicly you would never have more then 1 skeleton.
    this is how it will be in classic aswell.
    ok sweet. thank you for explaining. That sounds great to me. I enjoy seeing skeletons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I don't know what you are watching, but it isn't fucking reality.
    Hes talking about me saying Joe Biden has dementia. LOL

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    If true, then more people need to know. People are spreading this as if skeletons are going away.
    Welcome to the community.
    Yes they are just making it so each player will only spawn 1 skeleton
    (Before mid mop when they HAD to change it)
    If you died you spawned a skeleton for (example) 30 minutes.
    after 30 minutes it would dissapear
    you could just spawn hundreds of skeletons by being killed over and over and over.
    (since then, and in classic)
    when you die it spawns a skeleton. That skeleton will last for 30 minutes, or until you die again, which it will spawn a new skeleton for you, and despawn the old, didnt make sense we had like hundreds of skeletons in us.

The 3d ads were pretty impressive lol.