Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    If they're fine why they've not released a game worth a damn since ME2 and DA:O?
    I'll wait to see what Edge says. He's the resident Anthem defender. As a bioware fan, I must agree with whatever he says on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Yes, people leave companies for all kinds of reasons, all the time.

Yet in this case we are talking about multiple people, in the same week, in high positions, that spend over a decade working there, that isn't normal.

... and trying to call people "immature" in such immature way just because you disagree with them isn't doing your argument any favors, I recommend you considering on following your own advice.

Edited: Also, I didn't speculate anything, I just pointed out that they aren't doing "fine", and that's pretty clear from the reports of the people who work there, the reviews & scores from their last titles and the current struggle with Anthem's direction, at least read what people are actually saying before throwing a tantrum while calling them childish.
    ์It's two individuals from different departments and at least one is clearly saying that he is leaving on good terms. So yes, you are being chilish, you are making stuff up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    ์It's two individuals from different departments and at least one is clearly saying that he is leaving on good terms. So yes, you are being chilish, you are making stuff up.
    The amount of corporate bootlicking in this thread already is fucking insulting. Bioware has released 2 shit games in a row, marred in controversy in troubled development because of EA's involvement yet they will not shut down Bioware because they know it will be a disaster for their public image. You really don't think people leave because they see a sinking ship and want to get out before they have to deal with even more stress?

It's a conspiracy theory to say otherwise obviously. You grow up. There's nothing wrong with speculation based on what EA has done over and over and over again.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's unfortunate what has happened to Bioware over the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    The amount of corporate bootlicking in this thread already is fucking insulting. Bioware has released 2 shit games in a row, marred in controversy in troubled development because of EA's involvement yet they will not shut down Bioware because they know it will be a disaster for their public image. You really don't think people leave because they see a sinking ship and want to get out before they have to deal with even more stress?

It's a conspiracy theory to say otherwise obviously. You grow up. There's nothing wrong with speculation based on what EA has done over and over and over again.
    modern society seems to have been well trained to hate what's one of the most important and inherently learned human traits: pattern recognition. dare to recognize obvious truths, and it's their favorite disqualifier "conspiracy"(not talking about your use of it, but i've seen others use it to say bioware's doing fine.)

it's obvious that bioware is circling the drain right now. anthem wasn't the end, either, it was just deaththroes. andromeda was the true marker for the time of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

Sigh, yeah whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    don't have any hope for dragon age at this point.

it's a shame, cause it was a really good universe. guess i'll never get to reconcile my inquisitor with solas.
    The last bit of hope I had died when they killed DA4 Joplin because they needed the manpower to "finish" Anthem. This triggered Mike Laidlaw and others to leave and they rebooted the project as GAAS under professional lier Casey Hudson. It's a shame. I really liked the lore of the Dragon Age universe, although I preferred the darker tone of DAO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    The last bit of hope I had died when they killed DA4 Joplin because they needed the manpower to "finish" Anthem. This triggered Mike Laidlaw and others to leave and they rebooted the project as GAAS under professional lier Casey Hudson. It's a shame. I really liked the lore of the Dragon Age universe, although I preferred the darker tone of DAO.
    I just want to know wtfh Sandal is and get a decent conclusion..I hate how they went cliffhanger with 3

Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    The Anthem management article months ago stated Hudson instructed the studio to use Anthem Frostbite code instead of starting from scratch for DA4.
    Not surprising given what a nightmare Frostbite engine is to work with and the debacle Anthem found itself in. Best to at least hope they can take what Anthem made and polish turd code over the next few years. EA seems to only send them the Frostbite team for like 2 weeks a year to help scaffold some skeleton code then abandons them to figure out on their own.

Anthem had potential but it seem bioware's new policy seems to be, "dont fix anything just abandon it."
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Going to redownload the DA trilogy and run another replay. It amazes me why it's so hard to have another DA:O exist in the videogame industry.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    Anthem had potential but it seem bioware's new policy seems to be, "dont fix anything just abandon it."
    that's not "new", it's just you're thinking it is because they've had alot of recent failures.
    they've always done it that way, if i game is good, ruin it for microtransactions, if it sucks, cash-out hard by promising shit you never intend to deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Going to redownload the DA trilogy and run another replay. It amazes me why it's so hard to have another DA:O exist in the videogame industry.
    CRPGs have actually been seeing a resurgeanxe. See Divinity original sin, Pathfinder Kingmaker, the Pillars of Eternity games, Tyranny and MANY others..Just EA and Bioware have gone full ARPG and i seriously doubt frostbite can do a crpg

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Well, you need balls to create something like DA:O with so many choices available. I still remember butchering the little kid who was possessed by a demon with a knife, right after hitting his mother in the face ^__^

Nowadays devs would not dare create something like this...

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Second person to be leaving this week from Bioware that was a higher up. Honestly things are not looking good for the company and IMO I don't expect DA4 to happen or if it does Bioware will be long gone before its finished.
    It's quite dizzying noticing just how many people have left Bioware these past few years. It's really bleeding left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Inquisition was part of the reason that Anthem was shit.

The same development issues Anthem had Inquisition had, It just so happens they was able to pull it together at the last moment. I don't want to see developer's go thought the hell hey went thought in both of those games development.

The "Bioware Magic" was because of Inquisition, Fuck that.

Many of the former Bioware dev's have openly admitted they wish Inquisition didn't do as well as it did.
    To be fair, they had similar issues with the "Bioware Magic" coming together in the end of Dragon Age Origins. It goes back further than Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Divinity Original Sin, it has a turn-based combat though, but its still pretty close to DA:O, but better.
    Original Sin 2 is the best rpg I have played gameplay wise of its kind. It's incredibly fun barring horrendous armor system. The downside is the world did not grab me at all. I finished it without caring much about its world and story. The art kinda sucks too imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    To be fair, they had similar issues with the "Bioware Magic" coming together in the end of Dragon Age Origins. It goes back further than Inquisition.
    Very true, Just talking about DA:I because its the one the dev's have talked about recently.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    CRPGs have actually been seeing a resurgeanxe. See Divinity original sin, Pathfinder Kingmaker, the Pillars of Eternity games, Tyranny and MANY others..Just EA and Bioware have gone full ARPG and i seriously doubt frostbite can do a crpg
    Origins was a mixture of both types and it's why I liked it so much- just enough micromanagement for my needs. Don't get me wrong, I also like number-crunching and min-maxing every move in Pillars or BG2 as well, but Origins was my exact sweet spot between tactics and action, and I've never seen a game get it quite like that since.

It's sad that I never could get into Divinity, either the older ARPG series or the recent Original Sin ones. For me the world and characters are very important in an RPG, and Larian has been uniquely unable to create a setting that grabbed me in any way. The gameplay can be as good as it wants, if I don't care about the story or characters in an RPG, I won't ever get past its midpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Yep that's the gist of it. Pillars and Divinity are great, DA:O still feels like a genre of it's own. Being a stellar story diverse game without having isometric POV, just like KOTOR. It baffles me that some devs make a critically acclaimed game and somehow decide to go reverse in sequals.

Inquisition's redeeming factor for me was the combat and progression but it didn't hold a candle to DA:O's choices and depth. We're now stuck with relying on Kickstarted games to give a great RPG.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.