Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Or you know bfa
    Or Classic.

Because you can actually play dress up in classic if you want.
    Its just more difficult to do so.

And God forbid its a little but more difficult. Humans are disgusting. Im not human,

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    Uh just a quick question my man. How is someone going to transmog to a current Mythic set if they haven't had it drop? People have always been able to clear old raids in a new expansion, so I'm not 100 that you've thought this one through.
    Even old raid sets look good and plebs dont deserve to look good, im a vanilla veteran and back then you had to raid (and only good players raided back then because there was no LFR or flex raiding) in order to get epics and look good, its what made the difference between dedicated players and casual plebs, you instantly knew who was good and who was bad. Also nowadays you have ppl running around in all kinds of stupid transmogs which is disgusting..transmog is one of the major changes that ruined wow

crafted gear, folks. crafted gear. or at least that's my plan anyways. its what I used to do before transmog. and since i plan on being a dirty casual? its going to serve me just fine.

that said... people who think that transmog ruined wow and what made it good was being able to judge player's worth at a glance instead of based on their actions? needs to really reevaluate their priorities. and attitude.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I know Transmog was new in like MoP or so. But is it in Classic at least for Vanilla gear? Or is everyone just gonna run around looking like Bozo the clown in low res 15yr old Minecraft looking stuff?
    no, it was added in cata, there is no transmog in classic, some people may get items to hold onto so they can look cool in a full set in town, but unlikely other then in RP realms

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antility View Post
    why are people so hyperbolic when talking about this

you ninnies blow the "look like a clown" thing way out of proportion and it's very annoying

Nah, not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    "Inferior" is subjective...

My beloved nelves look "superior" in Classic and they look like abominations in retail.
    They look like dogshit in both.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Even old raid sets look good and plebs dont deserve to look good, im a vanilla veteran and back then you had to raid (and only good players raided back then because there was no LFR or flex raiding) in order to get epics and look good, its what made the difference between dedicated players and casual plebs, you instantly knew who was good and who was bad. Also nowadays you have ppl running around in all kinds of stupid transmogs which is disgusting..transmog is one of the major changes that ruined wow
    No, by your logic expansions ruined WoW, because by TBC you could just go back and get those Vanilla sets anyway. In Wrath you could go back and get TBC sets. So on and so on.

I've played since Vanilla too buddy, but current tier raid sets have always been inaccessible to the people who aren't willing or able to raid that content, and nobody has ever given a fuck about somebody being decked out in the previous tier or expansion's gear.

Your argument literally makes no sense. Think about it for at least 10 seconds before you respond haha.

Also FYI, I've raided in almost every era of this game, and if you think that your time commitment to raiding in Vanilla made you a skilled raider, you're in for a bit of a shock lad. Modern Mythic raids are harder than the top-end content in previois expansions by a mile when it comes to invididual player skill. The mechanical ability you bring to the table as a Vanilla raider scrapes you through the first 3 bosses of heroic, and that's about it.

Get off this ludicrous high horse. Not only are you completely wrong, you likely arent even close to good enough at the game to back up the mad shit you're chatting.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2019-08-21 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRemedy View Post
    They look like dogshit in both.
    Nooooo You are a meanie

So clown shoes it is.

Orange and blue and oddly mixed outfits looking like a douche. Yeah.
    Yes, exactly. Until you get yourself nice gear. When, if you're a warrior for example, you're standing around in your Might armor, with your Quel'serrar sheated and your Drillborer disk on you back, you're looking like a million bucks. But yeah. Until then you're wearing odds bits and pieces.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Someone asks a question, the first post answers, 4 pages of people being assholes for no reason follows. What is wrong with you people?

- - - Updated - - -

It's super not the same community. Everyone is a jaded asshole if you go by this thread and many others.
    what's wrong with us is were tired of people trying to deny or change classic.
    first we spent 10 years fighting to get the game, constantly being told we didn't know what we were asking for, that vanilla was rubbish, and that it would never happen.
    after we finally got it they started trying to slip in changes to classic to make it appeal to retail fans, which take away what made vanilla what it was.
    and despite blizzard literally saying no.
    and despite this being discussed many times before.
    people still come waltzing in like this has never been discussed, completely ignoring the search feature, and asking for it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you

I wake up and see 17 notifications, and it's everyone saying the exact same thing. People like playing this game in clown looking rainbow gear. Ok cool, I do not. 'Different strokes, for different folks
    a simple search of the forums would show that this has been asked for and discussed already. ad nausea
    a simple search would show that blizzard has already answered your question.

the fact of the matter is that classic is not meant to add retail features.
    it's supposed to be, as stated numerous times, "an authentic recreation of vanilla wow".
    there is nothing authentic about transmog in vanilla wow.
    furthermore it impacts the gameplay of the game and the economy of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    This makes no sense.

What's wrong with WoWs gameplay? Apart from the unending bullshit about "classes not fun anymore" that everyone parrots non-stop since BFA?
    instant portal everywhere destroys world immersion.
    classes are homogenized and don't feel unique at all.
    anything outside of heroic raids and above and mythic dungeons and above is brain dead easy.

should i go on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    Yes, exactly. Until you get yourself nice gear. When, if you're a warrior for example, you're standing around in your Might armor, with your Quel'serrar sheated and your Drillborer disk on you back, you're looking like a million bucks. But yeah. Until then you're wearing odds bits and pieces.
    Except the drillborer disk looks like crap. I bet they'll be an out cry and blizzard will add in transmog sooner than later. No game play reason not too.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Except the drillborer disk looks like crap. I bet they'll be an out cry and blizzard will add in transmog sooner than later. No game play reason not too.
    sure there is.
    it affects pvp.
    it also affects the economy of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    No, by your logic expansions ruined WoW, because by TBC you could just go back and get those Vanilla sets anyway. In Wrath you could go back and get TBC sets. So on and so on.

I've played since Vanilla too buddy, but current tier raid sets have always been inaccessible to the people who aren't willing or able to raid that content, and nobody has ever given a fuck about somebody being decked out in the previous tier or expansion's gear.

Your argument literally makes no sense. Think about it for at least 10 seconds before you respond haha.

Also FYI, I've raided in almost every era of this game, and if you think that your time commitment to raiding in Vanilla made you a skilled raider, you're in for a bit of a shock lad. Modern Mythic raids are harder than the top-end content in previois expansions by a mile when it comes to invididual player skill. The mechanical ability you bring to the table as a Vanilla raider scrapes you through the first 3 bosses of heroic, and that's about it.

Get off this ludicrous high horse. Not only are you completely wrong, you likely arent even close to good enough at the game to back up the mad shit you're chatting.
    in tbc you could go back and get the vanilla sets but you couldnt transmog them and wear them all the time like they do now, what im saying is , nowadays everybody can look good without deserving to look good, ofc the mythic raiders will have access to the newest epics but its a small difference , in pre transmog times the difference was much bigger and i liked it that way.

Here's the thing, you are saying that what makes you "good" at the game and what matters the most is the mechanical skills, like having quick reactions, doing huge dps, etc. and most elitist ppl think like this and blizz also transformed the game to fit this philosophy, but i personally liked it the most during the tbc era, where in order to be a raider there was more to it than being mechanically skilled, you had to grind reps, grind materials, do the attunements, do some chain quests, farm some gold, have a good reputation in ur server and guild, etc. and you might say those things are bullshit and shouldnt matter and blizz listened to ppl like u and changed the game, now you just lvl up and jump directly into raiding ,kill all bosses and gg its game over theres nothing to do, but this is one of the reasons wow died.

i dont think wow should be a game where mechanical skill is the most important (it should be important but the game shouldnt revolve around this), thats what mobas and shooters are for, wow should be an rpg, where interaction with ppl matters, doing long chain quests that takes you through a story matters, grinding reps, mats, gold etc matters, there should be massive long ass attunements, (even entering a raid should be a privilege that only dedicated ppl should enjoy) and when u finally arrive to that final boss you look back and feel like you were in an amazing adventure and thats how wow felt during the vanilla tbc era

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    in tbc you could go back and get the vanilla sets but you couldnt transmog them and wear them all the time like they do now, what im saying is , nowadays everybody can look good without deserving to look good, ofc the mythic raiders will have access to the newest epics but its a small difference , in pre transmog times the difference was much bigger and i liked it that way.

Here's the thing, you are saying that what makes you "good" at the game and what matters the most is the mechanical skills, like having quick reactions, doing huge dps, etc. and most elitist ppl think like this and blizz also transformed the game to fit this philosophy, but i personally liked it the most during the tbc era, where in order to be a raider there was more to it than being mechanically skilled, you had to grind reps, grind materials, do the attunements, do some chain quests, farm some gold, have a good reputation in ur server and guild, etc. and you might say those things are bullshit and shouldnt matter and blizz listened to ppl like u and changed the game, now you just lvl up and jump directly into raiding ,kill all bosses and gg its game over theres nothing to do, but this is one of the reasons wow died.

i dont think wow should be a game where mechanical skill is the most important (it should be important but the game shouldnt revolve around this), thats what mobas and shooters are for, wow should be an rpg, where interaction with ppl matters, doing long chain quests that takes you through a story matters, grinding reps, mats, gold etc matters, there should be massive long ass attunements, (even entering a raid should be a privilege that only dedicated ppl should enjoy) and when u finally arrive to that final boss you look back and feel like you were in an amazing adventure and thats how wow felt during the vanilla tbc era
    Thing is, I agree that the loss of the RPG elements has kind of ruined the whole experience. That's why I'll be playing Classic exclusively.

At the same time, you can have all of those elements while also taking a skills-focused approach to raiding, and I don't necessarily agree that having a job should be a barrier to entry as far as raid content is concerned. There should absolutely be some pre-raid requirements so that going in to the raid feels meaningful and connected to the story, but those prerequisities being so time-consuming that the only way they can be completed in a reasonable time period is to make them your full time job is a bit much.

Transmog isn't really the problem either. Back in the day raiders would wear their raid sets for prestiege, and because the art team had clearly pu time into their design so that they felt unique and special. In the modern game there is very little effort put into differentiating the top tier sets from Heroic, Normal and LFR sets beyond a couple of scrolls tacked on and some particle effects - in BFA it's so bad that they couldn't even be fucked to give each class its own set. People transmog out of these sets because they don't feel special, and look a bit shit for the most part.

Transmog would honestly be fine if the design for new tier sets wasn't so lazy and awful.

Honestly I sorta wished transmog disappeared completely from the game. It's nice to be able to see raid / pvp gear and gauge someones power. Only thing you can go by now is what the RAW HP is and even that it's just flimsy. Dunno, to me whenever transmog got introduced, the look of armors became sorta pointless.

I'd get rid of transmog in retail any day to go back to the clown look until you achieved better and coherent looking gear as it was a symbol that you actually achieved something.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

One must embrace wearing robes forever in classic. Mana regen is life for the healer in mail armor.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    what's wrong with us is were tired of people trying to deny or change classic.
    first we spent 10 years fighting to get the game, constantly being told we didn't know what we were asking for, that vanilla was rubbish, and that it would never happen.
    after we finally got it they started trying to slip in changes to classic to make it appeal to retail fans, which take away what made vanilla what it was.
    and despite blizzard literally saying no.
    and despite this being discussed many times before.
    people still come waltzing in like this has never been discussed, completely ignoring the search feature, and asking for it again.
    Your being an asshole or spouting canned phrases is not going to change anyone's opinion. It's not an argument. It's not contributing anything to the discussion. These people have heard this. You're just being an asshole because it makes you feel better. Let people have their opinions. It's incredibly frustrating when there is a group of people that show up to every post on a discussion forum that don't want to have a discussion.

The quickest way to die is to have no changes. Even the phases exist to have the game change something to bring people back and artificially curry interest because Blizzard knows this. You have to do that because people get bored of games and always have. The Classic people seem to forget that "no changes" is a plan with a very short lifespan. Especially for a game based on fighting AI.

I know Transmog was new in like MoP or so. But is it in Classic at least for Vanilla gear? Or is everyone just gonna run around looking like Bozo the clown in low res 15yr old Minecraft looking stuff?
    Yeah, there is xmog in vanilla. Basically if you like the way gear looks, you keep it, and you can equip ir any time you like.

No transmog. If you have a life outside of wow, perhaps a job, family etc, then you will have to understand that your character will look like a pile of shit.

When I play wow classic I usually play with blindfold, the game is still easy enough to play being blind and you don't have to look at your ugly piece of shit character. Win/Win.

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    instant portal everywhere destroys world immersion.
    classes are homogenized and don't feel unique at all.
    anything outside of heroic raids and above and mythic dungeons and above is brain dead easy.

should i go on?
    They actually REMOVED portal accessability in BFA.
    No, classes are not homogenized, that's just a parroted statement.
    What did you expect below heroic raids and mythic dungeons? You wanted world quest mobs and LFR to be hard? It's good to have several difficulty ranges for varying type of players. Hell, i'd say we have too many difficulty settings. But complaining game is easy when you have mythic EP destroying guilds, and the vast majority of players not even timing >15s?

Yea, i rather you don't go on as all that criticism is completely absurd.