Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody else understand that, while Classic is going to be awesome when it first releases, the game will die out in some people's minds within the first few weeks? For example 1. People who played Vanilla, but get back in and decide Classic isn't for them, 2. new players to WoW decide to pick it up, 3. Veteran players who want to experience it for the first time.....

There's a slew of different scenarios, but the point I'm trying to make is obviously the realms won't be 10,000 players deep the whole time, there will be dropoffs....

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    You can't be fucking serious.
    Hopping into r/wowclassic will tell you that some of these children are completely serious about such a trivial issue.

Mhm blizz, no changes to TBC!!

Flying was part of the expansion, so no reworkes. No changes in classic? Then no fucking changes for TBC!

Is there any point for creating TBC or WoTLK servers? I never heard a cry for those before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Is there any point for creating TBC or WoTLK servers? I never heard a cry for those before.
    I actually know quite a few people who would love TBC or WoTLK servers over Classic.

Personally idm them doing those, or advancing some of the existing Classic servers, or even letting people advance their Classic characters on whole new servers that are for those. Could be fun with friends.

deviantART
    Simple Armory EU
    Simple Armory US
    Lodestone

Have fun guys, in 15 years you are back where you started... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    If Classic is #NoChanges, then so should TBC and WOTLK servers be. Bastardising both those expansions to appease the Muhnilla crowd? No thanks.

Classic for the Classic fans, TBC and WOTLK for the fans of each. Makes perfect sense.
    It's more or less a confirmation that no, there won't be new, original content developed for Classic though. As it should be.
    there are no guarantees of anything other than classic is coming and if its a success (beyond the initial launch) there is a chance we will have more.

just keep in mind - its likely to be several years before we see BC severs if they happen. and several years beyond that for wrath. so, enjoy what you have and see what happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I'd like that. They were good expansions, especially class balance stuff, but flying, while it seemed like a great idea back then, had downsides. Too convenient to pass up and made world feel less dangerous and smaller. I'd love BC without flying.
    /faceplam

I can guarantee that TBC and WotLK if recreated will follow the same model as classic. They will keep it true to how it was at X.XX patch.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

If you guys are gonna progress from Classic to BC, then shame on you.

That's the most lazy way of trying to keep players interested in the game. By reusing old content that we already experienced. Classic is a different story. Its a game where majority of the wow items have been removed, majority of stuff never seen for years. Its nice to be able to enjoy Azeroth at its core.

Adding BC, will do what? Nothing.
    Will we add WotLK? What will that do? Nothing.
    Like when is it a good time to stop releasing expansions, if you gonna take that approach. Very lazy approach.
    You should add exclusive content to Classic only to keep players interested. Im sure you guys had alot of unfinished works that were never finalized into the game.

Adding BC and other expansions breaks the code of releasing Classic in the first place. Its about the people who love Classic. Not about the people that play Classic for 6 months and want something new. People always want something new. They can never be satisfied.

You should all realize that the people who complaing about the longevity of Classic WoW are the people that actually were never really interested in a Classic remake. They just never were. There have been people playing Classic private servers for years, and still enjoy it. Those people truly want Classic, and the sole reason you are remaking Classic again for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Zader666 View Post
    Wait, you could be 10 man in deadmines and wailing cavern ?? I dont remember vanilla with 10 man wailing cavern/sm. Werent they 5 man ??
    Yes you could.
    It was just nearly never done, because why would you do it ? Being in raid halve your XP gain and prevent you to progress into any non-raid quests, which are the two reasons why people would do these instances in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    I'd like that. They were good expansions, especially class balance stuff, but flying, while it seemed like a great idea back then, had downsides. Too convenient to pass up and made world feel less dangerous and smaller. I'd love BC without flying.
    You can't remove flying from TBC and WotLK, entire zones were designed around it.
    But TBC and WotLK with Classic design ? Mark me interested. VERY interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    If they recreate BC, why would you want them to change a part of it? Hindsight may say that flying made some parts trivial, but if they are to recreate BC Classic I would want it to be true to the way it was originally, flying at 70 and all.
    Flying, true.
    But catch-up mechanisms destroying progression ? Regular nerfs cheapening the experience ? The retarded AoE-spam bonanza of WotLK ? The just as retarded destruction of mana and threat management ? PvP gear acting as raiding gear obtainable by losing 10 match a week ? Automated cross-realm LFG destroying the community ?
    All these and others did diminish the game. Remove them and you'd improve massively these expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Brace yourself, the purist zealots are coming
    Yeah, a burner account ridiculing the #nochange concept certainly feels like an actual authentic purist and not an anti-purist troll

"•The response to WoW Classic has blown the team away!"

If you needed any more proof that they don't give a shit about player feedback, look no further.

If they'd listen, they would have known already...

Q: Will the Skeletons that appear when someone dies be the same as it was originally? Right now they disappear after you die again, they used to stay longer than that.
    A: While we understand that this was a flavorful part of Original WoW and the earlier expansions, individual players leaving multiple player corpses and skeletons throughout the game world can lead to behavior such as spelling out advertisements, hate speech, and other negative messages. As such, this will not be a part of WoW Classic.
    Q: Unsure how this worked back in the day – you would only get locked to an Onyxia ID if you were inside the instance when she died. This meant 30 people could hearth out when she was at .5% HP and the loot would only have to be split between the remaining 10 people. This “trick” allowed you to clear Onyxia multiple times per reset. This was apparently possible back in the day, and will this “mechanic” be present in Classic? Will it be considered an exploit if it is?
    A: This is not possible in Classic. All players who were in the instance when Onyxia is engaged will be locked.

So it's #nochanges until there are changes.
    Last edited by Maglen; 2019-08-21 at 04:58 PM.
    In my day we didn't have World of Warcraft or Guild Wars. We had World War 2, and when you shot at the Germans it aggroed five thousand of their friends!

"A blind, deaf, comatose lobotomy patient could feel my anger!!"

I have no interest in TBC or any other expansion, if they do release expansion I hope they will do a specific version and allow ppl that want only classic to stay classic forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    If Classic is #NoChanges, then so should TBC and WOTLK servers be. Bastardising both those expansions to appease the Muhnilla crowd? No thanks.

Classic for the Classic fans, TBC and WOTLK for the fans of each. Makes perfect sense.
    It's more or less a confirmation that no, there won't be new, original content developed for Classic though. As it should be.
    Don't know who was expecting new content to be developed for past expansions?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Don't know who was expecting new content to be developed for past expansions?
    There's a guy in the middle of page 2 saying they should add exclusive content for Classic and not develop other servers.

No DX12 Enhancement for multicore? That's sad to hear as it would improve game performance for users in this day and age and not 10+ years ago hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    If they recreate BC, why would you want them to change a part of it? Hindsight may say that flying made some parts trivial, but if they are to recreate BC Classic I would want it to be true to the way it was originally, flying at 70 and all.
    BC still needs to have flying, as well as WotLK.

BC Flying was what, 1k gold? 60% speed? (later changed to 150% in WotLK). That's ample time to get a gank on someone trying to fly off lol.

In BC you still had to level to 70 on foot before training flying. And the cost was significant, I recall I couldn't afford it as soon as it hit max level. Had to grind it out. And the fast mount was even more expensive (5G i think)

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Flying, true.
    But catch-up mechanisms destroying progression ? Regular nerfs cheapening the experience ? The retarded AoE-spam bonanza of WotLK ? The just as retarded destruction of mana and threat management ? PvP gear acting as raiding gear obtainable by losing 10 match a week ? Automated cross-realm LFG destroying the community ?
    All these and others did diminish the game. Remove them and you'd improve massively these expansions.
    But that's just such a ridiculous path to go down. Who gets to decide what broke the game? You?

What if Jim wants a server eternally stuck on the Black Temple phase without ever getting involved with the Sunwell nonsense? What if Bob wants a version of WotLK that skips the whole Trial of the Crusader crap and goes straight to Lich King? What if both of them hate the badge loot system and want it gone but Timmy refuses to play the game without it?

It's either you remake the game as it is, or you don't bother. Anything else is just trying to cater to a million different audiences and then it's no different than retail, and what's the point of that?
    Xal'atath whispers: Your allies consider me a bad influence. Yet all I've ever done is speed you along the path you chose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to point out one thing about flying in LK; Storm Peaks and Icecrown Citadel were designed with Flying in mind, and some endgame quests that have you in Sholazar Basin as well, iirc. Therefore you'd have to do a redesign to those zones to take flying out. There is an NPC at K3 in Storm Peaks who will rent you a flyer at level 77 if you don't have flying on your character, or it was there before Cata, it's been a while.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"