Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Your being an asshole or spouting canned phrases is not going to change anyone's opinion. It's not an argument. It's not contributing anything to the discussion. These people have heard this. You're just being an asshole because it makes you feel better. Let people have their opinions. It's incredibly frustrating when there is a group of people that show up to every post on a discussion forum that don't want to have a discussion.

The quickest way to die is to have no changes. Even the phases exist to have the game change something to bring people back and artificially curry interest because Blizzard knows this. You have to do that because people get bored of games and always have. The Classic people seem to forget that "no changes" is a plan with a very short lifespan. Especially for a game based on fighting AI.
    Oh look another person who thinks classic NEEDS updates in order to survive.

Should there be updates down the road like new content? Potentially. Does that mean we need to add changes now? No. Does that mean we should discuss changes now? Absolutely not. We don't even have it out yet. Let us enjoy the game for what its supposed to be for about a year first.
    Last edited by AceofH; 2019-08-21 at 04:32 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Having decent looking gear was a status symbol back in the day, people wanted to be able to just look at you in the world and say "That is a good player" if you have nice gear.
    isn't the good gear that looked like shit? decent looking would be "normal" gear no?

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Oh look another person who thinks classic NEEDS updates.
    A game needs updates to keep people playing. That's literally what the phases are.

You're rejecting reality to hold to an ideal that doesn't happen in real life. Just like people that don't think governements are degenerative organizations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I know Transmog was new in like MoP or so. But is it in Classic at least for Vanilla gear? Or is everyone just gonna run around looking like Bozo the clown in low res 15yr old Minecraft looking stuff?
    Hah. No. No xmog. You could judge people's progress, or inability to itemize (or bad luck with drops - some itemization was justreally weird/bad for some classes) by what they were wearing. The whole "oh crap, look what that toon has!" is one more little piece of the game that Blizzard amputated in their quest for whatever they've tried to do with what was once an MMORPG.

It won't be that bad, the real clownsuits came in with BC - the vanilla item design was mostly far less flashy and felt far more like "stuff a D&D adventurer might wear" and far less like the "over-the-top anime on acid" direction subsequent WoW armor design has gone (there were exceptions, particularly with raid gear, but you wanted people to know you were wearing awesome purples, so no one minded).

What most players of my acquaintance did BitD (if they cared about appearance, which may did not), was have a set of "town" gear that they thought looked good and would swap to when crafting, chatting, rping, etc - generally with an addon.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

10+ Year Old Account
    If you to go for a certain look, just don't vendor/delete the items and just equip them when you want your desired look. Granted this isnt the same as transmog since you won't be using your BiS gear, but for showing off and RP purposes it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    A game needs updates to keep people playing. That's literally what the phases are.

You're rejecting reality to hold to an ideal that doesn't happen in real life. Just like people that don't think governements are degenerative organizations.
    the phases aren't updates to what exists in vanilla wow though. they are a staggered release of content.
    there is a huge difference between staggering the release of content and:
    adding things that didn't exist in vanilla before.
    adding new content to classic.

are we rejecting reality?
    i play age of empires 2 3 days a week. it hasn't had a content update in years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    They actually REMOVED portal accessability in BFA.
    No, classes are not homogenized, that's just a parroted statement.
    What did you expect below heroic raids and mythic dungeons? You wanted world quest mobs and LFR to be hard? It's good to have several difficulty ranges for varying type of players. Hell, i'd say we have too many difficulty settings. But complaining game is easy when you have mythic EP destroying guilds, and the vast majority of players not even timing >15s?

Yea, i rather you don't go on as all that criticism is completely absurd.
    yeah tehy removed some portals. and you can still get anywhere in the world in about 5 minutes from anywhere else. food for thought.
    classes aren't homogenized? yes they are. what is the difference in dps rotation between a rogue, a paladin, and a monk?
    almost none. they all have combo point builders, and then combo point dumps.
    look at vanilla wow. a paladin brought a lot of support in various blessings and auras. they felt distinctly different from a warrior, or a rogue.
    what do i expect below heroic raids and mythic dungeons? not to faceroll everything. not to be able to pull 8 mobs and aoe them down without dieing.
    in vanilla even leveling dungeons required me to pay attention to what was going on. even regular old mob pulls while leveling required paying attention.
    nowadays? it's a joke.

the phases aren't updates to what exists in vanilla wow though. they are a staggered release of content.

You are not people. I'm sure there is A person playing Joust right now. In reality, you have to ignore extreme outliers to arrive at a conclusion. If outliers could be relied on, we'd have things like cold fusion.

Historically, a playerbase heavily declines the month after release or an update. Multiplayer games last longer. Competitive games, which create replay value by randomness of matchmaking and player behavior never being exactly the same last the longest without updates, last the longest, but they will all eventually bleed away to (comparatively) almost nothing. Yes, exceptions exist. Starcraft being one of them, but it relies on a circumstance that might never be replicated.

The phases are still altering the game state by adding things that couldn't be done before the patch. Regardless of them being completely new or not, they are still adding new things you can do. You're right, there is a staggered release of content, but stating what something is does not exclude the reason for it existing. The reason for the staggered release of content is the entice players to come back to do things they couldn't do before. No different from dailies, weeklies, raid lockouts, or any other kind of time gating that has existed in WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah tehy removed some portals. and you can still get anywhere in the world in about 5 minutes from anywhere else. food for thought.
    classes aren't homogenized? yes they are. what is the difference in dps rotation between a rogue, a paladin, and a monk?
    almost none. they all have combo point builders, and then combo point dumps.
    look at vanilla wow. a paladin brought a lot of support in various blessings and auras. they felt distinctly different from a warrior, or a rogue.
    what do i expect below heroic raids and mythic dungeons? not to faceroll everything. not to be able to pull 8 mobs and aoe them down without dieing.
    in vanilla even leveling dungeons required me to pay attention to what was going on. even regular old mob pulls while leveling required paying attention.
    nowadays? it's a joke.
    Ret paladins were literally just buffbots and some specs were not seen as useful at all in higher end content.
    Also there are specs in Classic that are literally just two button clicks.

Pls stop.

The "transmog" in Classic is playing a prot warrior, or some type of healer, so you can wear most of your tier sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    "Inferior" is subjective...

My beloved nelves look "superior" in Classic and they look like abominations in retail.
    And yes, the Night Elf models unironically look better in Classic. Especially the male.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So clown shoes it is.

Orange and blue and oddly mixed outfits looking like a douche. Yeah.
    You're playing The World of Warcraft. You're already a douche.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    isn't the good gear that looked like shit? decent looking would be "normal" gear no?
    Good gear is Tier 0.5,1,2 and 3. I don't think any of the tier gear looks bad from vanilla tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Elrihm View Post
    The "transmog" in Classic is playing a prot warrior, or some type of healer, so you can wear most of your tier sets.

And yes, the Night Elf models unironically look better in Classic. Especially the male.
    They both look better in Classic, the males look like weirdo rubber dolls in retail and the females look like zombie dolls.

sure there is.
    it affects pvp.
    it also affects the economy of the game.
    Only effects crappy PVPers. The oh look a warrior mash my macros ones.
    The economy crap already and will always be crap. WOW's pyramid is upside down sector. Classic professions are crap so transmog might make the economy better.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Only effects crappy PVPers. The oh look a warrior mash my macros ones.
    The economy crap already and will always be crap. WOW's pyramid is upside down sector. Classic professions are crap so transmog might make the economy better.
    No. It affects everyone. Remember in vanilla the only way to gauge the health and strength of an enemy was there gear.
    But hey. Don't let facts get in your way.

The economy in wow was far better in vanilla and burning crusade than after it.

No, it was cataclysm that they added that I believe. Prepare your ass for Bozo the clown. The lucky ones who assemble their tier sets can look more like Banana Joe.

I did see hide helmet and cloak options in the settings though, so that's something.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    No, it was cataclysm that they added that I believe. Prepare your ass for Bozo the clown. The lucky ones who assemble their tier sets can look more like Banana Joe.
    The one thing I'm really gonna miss from retail is the chest pieces with an actual model instead of just a texture painted on the body.

One of the perks of obtaining a tier set or pvp set in Vanilla is that it was unique and instantly identifiable- something that is gone from modern sets due to tmog

Quote Originally Posted by Crieve View Post
    Short answer: No, there will not be Transmog in Classic.
    Of course there is Transmog... you go out and earn the gear.... then put it on in any combination you want. And best part... it's FREE.

No. It affects everyone. Remember in vanilla the only way to gauge the health and strength of an enemy was there gear.
    But hey. Don't let facts get in your way.

The economy in wow was far better in vanilla and burning crusade than after it.
    I'd argue the economy was messed up by the larger pool of gold and easier access to it.

Oh wait.. you mean you'd now have to think about attacking someone in PVP? Put more effort into it rather than just pick on the easy targets? Sounds more like an excuse to allow ganking of lowbies or people you think you can easliy take. Sounds like an excuse to hurt the boo-boos that you take getting beat up in PVP to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I'd argue the economy was messed up by the larger pool of gold and easier access to it.

Oh wait.. you mean you'd now have to think about attacking someone in PVP? Put more effort into it rather than just pick on the easy targets? Sounds more like an excuse to allow ganking of lowbies or people you think you can easliy take. Sounds like an excuse to hurt the boo-boos that you take getting beat up in PVP to me.
    1) it artificially increases the value of an item based on aesthetics. that impacts the economy.
    and
    2) i don't gank, but i do want to know if i should run or fight when someone jumps me.
    but nice way to make assumptions about people.
    you know what they say about assumptions right?