Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    I think they are a future unibomber.
    Made me picture a clown on unicycle with a bomb on their chest lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    I've found a job since and have been banking cash for a little bit; however, searching for apts for either 1 or 2bdr are EXPENSIVE as hell by oneself. 1 bdr in my area is roughly 600$+. Most aren't worth 400$ a month plus utilities and what not. It's a very hard trade off because, I'd like it if my boy had his own room; however, I do not think I can afford it to do that. 2bdr in my area is 700$+.
    Wow, the cheapest 1bed/1bath apartment I can find within 75 miles of my current location is around $900. Sometimes I miss living in a cheaper state. I've been splitting an apartment for some years with a couple good friends and it brings the price a bit closer to $600 including utilities per person.

On topic, I sometimes wish I could live alone. But the price of housing makes it difficult, and I enjoy having other people around who I can bounce thoughts off of sometimes. More than anything I enjoy cooking for other people. I would find it rather difficult to start learning how to cook meals for 1, and would probably end up making 3-5 meals for myself at a time instead.

If it were affordable for me to live completely alone... it's really hard for me to say without doing it for an extended time. Though I feel I would enjoy the complete freedoms to pursue whatever I wanted to do, whenever I wanted to do it, at whatever volume I so wished (barring the neighbors).
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Most people are only friendly when they want something from you. When you offer nothing you can kiss companionship behind. Personally I think not raising a family now is a noble sacifice. There's way too many people already
    Seriously, the ONLY people who say this are assholes themselves. Yeah, if you're a shitty person to be around then obviously most people would rather avoid you unless they need something from you. Maybe you don't realize it, but if you think the world is mostly filled with jerks then you should look inward.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Seriously, the ONLY people who say this are assholes themselves. Yeah, if you're a shitty person to be around then obviously most people would rather avoid you unless they need something from you. Maybe you don't realize it, but if you think the world is mostly filled with jerks then you should look inward.
    when i say that people are jerks I include myself in that list. I am also human.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you could live life alone then NASA would like you to join on a trip to Mars where you're with only a few people. Turns out humans would go mad if they didn't have frequent human interaction. Even the best turtle hermits will go nuts without human interaction.

Humans arent solitairy animals. The ones that say they choose to be alone are lying and dont have the balls to admit they need help finding a pack.

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    normal people, most of them. I have zero interest in finding a partner and have always had zero interest, everyone think i'm crazy and lonely, even my own family. Should I really force myself to do something I don't want just to please others? I don't think so.

We are social creatures, you don't have to look very far to see what goes down when a person feels lonely in this world.

There's a difference though between choosing to be alone and choosing not to be in a romantic relationship. Not committing to a partner =/= being lonely.

But then again, just look at how very aggressive and angry the people pretending to "go it alone" tend to be... bitterness runs rampant, so perhaps just friends and family is too little to many even if they say otherwise...?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-08-22 at 10:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone chooses to live alone, who cares? It's their life and makes sense to him.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

People are built different, for example there are social introverts that want to be social but find it very hard. If someone is alone and content, then good for ya. Your life your rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Humans arent solitairy animals. The ones that say they choose to be alone are lying and dont have the balls to admit they need help finding a pack.
    there are outliners in any species. Cheetahs are normally solo predators. But they can also form social bonds and create powerful hunting packs among brothers or sisters. Or they can live perfectly fine alone

Life isnt black and white its GrEy

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactis View Post
    Currently the last few years have been tough on me. I used to live with ex wife for 2-3 years, then lived alone for about 8 years. I REALLY loved/love living by myself. Occasionally my son comes and stays with me for a few days during the week or weekends. Also during summer he has free reign upon whether he wants to stay with me for long periods of time, (he's 10, I'm 33 if that makes it more detailed).

Financial and job hardship over the last 10 years has been an EXTREME factor in my situation. Recently of March this year I've had to move in with my mom and since then I've resided there to look for job, save money to buy a car and then move out again. I cannot stand living with her, we're like polar opposites and I essentially can't do a lot of things like: getting up early to make breakfast for myself because, it's too loud, do nothing at night since everyone sleeps at 10pm.

I've found a job since and have been banking cash for a little bit; however, searching for apts for either 1 or 2bdr are EXPENSIVE as hell by oneself. 1 bdr in my area is roughly 600$+. Most aren't worth 400$ a month plus utilities and what not. It's a very hard trade off because, I'd like it if my boy had his own room; however, I do not think I can afford it to do that. 2bdr in my area is 700$+.

So with saying all that, I've decided to look for a better job again, something closer and with more money. My current commute time is about 1.5 hours per day minimum. Not worth the time or money if I may add.

So back to the living alone. I love living alone and to do whatever I want at whatever time I want. It's QUIET, no one to BOTHER you, No one to TELL you what to do, No RULES. Yeah, I like coming home essentially to a house or apt under my control, no one has messed with anything, no one has touched stuff. It's exactly the way I left it. I don't like excitement, I don't like people in general. Though, this does put a serious hamper on effort, time, money, and ability to do things. It costs more to do everything on your own, it's hard to do things on your own. Though, I have serious trust issues with humans in general and that is a big reason why I do things myself.

Yeah, i've had help from family for paying rent and bills for years; however, not anymore. I'd like to keep up the strive for betterment and continue to graduate with my second degree and use that to make even more money.

Living alone has freedoms, no pressure, and it's drawbacks. That hard part is sometimes after being alone or having no contact for weeks at a time with human beings, emotions stir up. Which, is why I'd probably after many years of thought would consider getting a cat.... MAYBE.... Idk, I'd have to really think about it.

Living alone, not for most but, certainly a great option for PEACE AND QUIET.
    I enjoy living alone and have done so for over 30 years (I am 51 now and was my choice to live alone), for as you said you can do what you want when ever you want and no to tell you know you can't go to the pub or play golf. And one other thing all that money you earn you can spend how you want, or save it up and go on an awesome vacation..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    I'd rather be alone than with someone who makes me miserable, which I have been there for to long as well.
    Exactly, nothing worse that being with someone that makes your life a living hell..

10+ Year Old Account
    Living alone, not for most but, certainly a great option for PEACE AND QUIET.
    Exactly this! I hate snoring and it goes so far that i tried to throw a friend of mine who stayed over out of the window bcs. he snored so loud that the windows vibrated. I had him almost half outside when he finally woke up. To his luck, i live on the ground floor.

And no compromises, period. No sharing of TV, bath times etc

When I was younger in my early 20s. I used to want to be married so that I would not be lonely. After a couple of long term relationships, I realized that the trade-offs were not worth it. The older I have become, the less lonely I have been.

As someone who is a loner I can say that it's fine and it doesn't necessarily mean you're lonely. I'm still fully capable of being around people and hanging out and being sociable, but when given the opportunity I choose to be by myself, even if I have friends.

This is a happy thread

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    What do you think about people who choose to live life as a loner?
    No one can live alone. We are forced to work, and work requires interaction with other people, unfortunately. The system makes it so you have to get over your mental illnesses or suck it up, lest you die of starvation. And no, creative impulses arising from depression don't have a place within the system.