Poll: What's YOUR race, and why

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am so confused by this poll because you have "Trolls - Darkspear and Zandalari." and then later on you have "Zandalari - Not Darkspear" but Zandalari is already represented in Trolls, so you have two options to vote for if you choose Zandalari. Same with Nightborne and Dark Iron and Void Elves. You should've either kept them all together or put them separate instead of both.

Night Elf. Shadowglen will always be home to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Blood Elf, wanted to be a Paladin. Didn't want to be alliance.

Now still want to be Horde, but don't want to be a Cow or Troll.
    I don't mind Troll Paladins, but frankly it is just not me. I tried rolling one (didn't want to pay for a race change) and it honestly didn't feel right to me.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Thalassian.

My original character was a Night Elf Hunter. Purely because I didn't have TBC and so couldn't be a Blood Elf, but I knew from the icon alone that they were the race I wanted to play. Decided I liked the game on my Night Elf, but hated hunters. Bought TBC, rerolled a Blood Elf Warlock and absolutely fell in love with Eversong, the Ghostlands and Blood Elf lore in general.

Started hearing about the Blood Knights and ended up making one of those to try out a Roleplaying server. At the time I was on a PvP server and was looking for a server to escape to. Sadly most of the class quests were removed at this point, so most of my knowledge came from WoWiki (Pre wowpedia days) but I became enamoured with them. Eventually maining a Thalassian Paladin full time, which I still do to this day and will do until the servers shut down.

On Alliance I flopped between characters, never really liking any one race. I was a big fan of Night Elves until Legion turned them into a laughing stock, then I started to get into Draenei thanks to WoD and Argus. Eventually ended up going Void Elf but decided I hated it due to the years of playing Horde and not really being all that struck on the idea of my elf turning traitor.
    Ended up going Night Elf again only to return to Void Elf recently as the last of my Horde pride leaves my system and a playthrough of Warcraft 2 rekindled my hatred of trolls and got me interested in the idea of roleplaying a Blood Elf-turned Void Elf who never joined and still has a grudge against the Horde.

I'm enjoying it, so I don't see that changing any time soon.

So basically I'm Thalassian for life on both factions. Though the Silver Covenant can fuck right off. As can most of our major lore characters, especially the Windrunners and Lor'themar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my main is human, because I wanted to be a Paladin and I liked human's 2h attack animations best, specifically that jump strike animation they used to have on special attacks, which also happened whenever Seal of Command procd (this was back in vanilla), that animation was sadly removed when the Legion prepatch landed... Would be a Worgen Paladin post model update if I could though... Blizzard says no Worgen pallies allowed though.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-08-22 at 05:52 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

you remember the tauren warriors who would shout "bring it on!!" back in wc3? with a huge fucking trunk that they would bash into some unluck human foot soldier? How can you not pick them after that? too bad the only trunk we got after fucking 20 years is a transmog totem on our back. I need a god damn polished tree trunk in my hand!

Night Elf. Because I main a Demon Hunter on Alliance side, and Blizzard says I can't be any other race.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmasher View Post
    Worgen, because I've always had a fascination with lycanthropy. Actually it's probably more accurate to say that I really wanna be a werewolf IRL.
    This.

Gimmie all fluffy werepuppies

Human, for the racial rep bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    For the true horde!

--------------------------------------------------
    Draenei.
    Well, it wasn't by choice, I was forced to play draenei, otherwise I couldn't be a shaman. Then it just become a habit, I guess.

Blood Elves...Arcane torrent.

most mmo's usually just have a few different shades of human so in games with other options i tend to gravitate towards the non human races.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Humans - because only humans make for good knights.

There are a lot of cool and beautiful races but in the end i'll always stick with the Darkspear Trolls. They are just the all-around package and seem like really chill guys. And they are larger than Tauren if they stretch.

Just wanted to point out that there are two Void Elf options on the poll.

I chose a Void Elf because aesthetically I love how they look, and a big factor was also the Heritage armor. Those Void-infused wings are so beautiful!

Storywise, it's because Alleria is my favourite character. I loved her story arc in Mac'aree and I think that her development is very interesting. I commend Blizzard for their creativity, no one thought she would become a Void Elf. Alleria is the main reason why I decided to play a Void Elf. I only wish I could have the option to look like her when out of combat!
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Worgen, i have a werewolf fetish, dont judge me xD

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    If it was available I would be an Orc Druid, but since it isn't, I choose Worgen Druid, even though I am Horde at heart.
    Decided to change to Orc Hunter

5+ Year Old Account
    I played Forsaken in Vanilla, but I !@#$ing loved the Kael'thas arc in WC3. So when BC added BEs to the Horde I insta rerolled BE Mage and Pally, and have been my mains ever since

Bonus points for their starting zones. Levelling in Eversong and Ghostlands was truly a magic experience, honestly Blizz outdid themselves with them. Ditto for Azuremyst / Bloodmyst, but I'm really not into goats, especially with the !@#$ty massive retcon they got come BC
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Night Elves because of Wc3.