5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    If they were actually depicted as described, you'd be talking to a tiny fragment of a toe, because that's all that would fit on the screen.
    My childhood of watching some cartoons where you only see the lower half of parents has prepared me for this moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    The only one from the original Pantheon who still has his body is Sargeras. The others cannot be depicted in their actual 'worldlike' forms, because they were destroyed by Sargeras. What we saw is only their spirits or souls around which the worlds formed.
    This makes a lot of sense, I forgot about that. They're just the souls of themselves right now. Althought when Sargeras was captured it does seem like they have the power to re-size themselves (and others apparently).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Yeah the description is very...cosmic almost like there is active things going on their bodies visually but as we saw with Sargeras not so much now granted Blizzard probably wasn't thinking of it or it would be too much detail to focus on or something like that. Like I said if planets are left behind, I'd be interested in visiting the left over world, heck it might be resonant to whats going on to said Titan(Sargeras's world would be more fiery Reddish instead of Fel due to his appearence).
    That would actually be very fun! One of the things I enjoy most about MMOs is adventuring in new lands/taking in the new landscape. Would be interesting to see what gets left behind once a Titan woke. Although I bet Blizzard will say their planets are so far off from Azeroth it's not even possible.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if you guys are familiar with the Angelarium art, but this is one of the ways in which I imagine the Titans would be based off their Chronicles description of being "living worlds":

Lands growing on them and such.

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    My childhood of watching some cartoons where you only see the lower half of parents has prepared me for this moment.

[...]

I don't know if you guys are familiar with the Angelarium art, but this is one of the ways in which I imagine the Titans would be based off their Chronicles description of being "living worlds":

[IMG]

Lands growing on them and such.
    It would certainly be a good setup for a bunch of "That's the wall. I'm behind you." jokes.

Though i'd imagine something closer to the Bionis from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It is said that Blizzard is waiting for Dragon Isles expansion for that.
    Yeah, that would make the most sense. I wouldn't mind another expansion with more focus on dragons, so hopefully, the Dragon Isles won't get the Argus treatment and be the end zone for BfA.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean if you want to be arbitrary like that it's fine.
    the problem is the dark red dragon don't give the black dragon feels, like the onyxian drake do.

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Yeah, that would make the most sense. I wouldn't mind another expansion with more focus on dragons, so hopefully, the Dragon Isles won't get the Argus treatment and be the end zone for BfA.
    I think Nazjatar deserved more than Dragon Isles.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think Nazjatar deserved more than Dragon Isles.
    Nazjatar has always been speculated as one zone at most, and honestly IMO what we got was more than I expected since the zone is big for a patch zone, tho it would've been nice if they also added an underwater part.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw Nazjatar as an endgame zone for a Underwater expansion. That aint happening though.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    I saw Nazjatar as an endgame zone for a Underwater expansion. That aint happening though.
    Indeed. After how controversial was Vash'jir, I don't see Blizzard making (fully) underwater zones anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Nazjatar has always been speculated as one zone at most, and honestly IMO what we got was more than I expected since the zone is big for a patch zone, tho it would've been nice if they also added an underwater part.
    It would've been cool if there was a sort of water sliding you could do to traverse around the areas. Kind of light "flight paths" but they're literal water slides. I thought I recall this being said as a mode of transport but I may be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Indeed. After how controversial was Vash'jir, I don't see Blizzard making (fully) underwater zones anymore.
    Don't see it ever being successful tbh, the current audience for this is game is very "let me get to places NAO" and by definition being "underwater" would require being slower.

Unless people just want a zone that "looks underwater" but really isn't. Kind of like the Coral Highlands in Monster Hunter World:

7+ Year Old Account
    It would've been cool if there was a sort of water sliding you could do to traverse around the areas. Kind of light "flight paths" but they're literal water slides. I thought I recall this being said as a mode of transport but I may be wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't see it ever being successful tbh, the current audience for this is game is very "let me get to places NAO" and by definition being "underwater" would require being slower.

Unless people just want a zone that "looks underwater" but really isn't. Kind of like the Coral Highlands in Monster Hunter World:

[IMG]https://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/monster-hunter-world/4/4e/MHW-Coral_Highlands_Artwork_001.jpg[IMG]
    Let's not act like this is an issue with the modern wow community. It was exactly the case almost a decade ago, and would've probably been the case if it got added earlier.
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

- - - Updated - - -

Why would being underwater have to mean being slower...? Vash'jir was amazing at the time when you couldn't afford 280% flying for alts way back when, because it not only offered you much faster travel speeds (seahorse), but also allowed you to move faster when NOT mounted.

Look at GW2, they do underwater gameplay in a magnificent way.

And the "let me go places NAO!!"-mentality was every bit as prevalent 10 years back as it is today. Players shaped the game, otherwise we'd still have Classic mechanics throughout. Imagine the dev time that could be saved if bosses were only ever 3 ability fights, classes hadn't changed in any shape or form and we were still happy to have leveling where you had to supplement XP by grinding mobs.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-08-22 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    MoP wasn't a divisive expansion.
    Cool so you're just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiki b View Post
    Cool so you're just trolling.
    That's his MO. That, and selective memory to support his narrative.

MoP remained a divisive expansion throughout, up until the very launch of WoD in fact. Only in hindsight after WoD had been out for some time and during Legion, did the cinematic for example start to garner more likes than dislikes.

Glad to say that I wasn't one of those people who only started liking MoP when it became cool to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lolpandas is all that needs to be said to explain the hate of Mist. Of course it was fucking divisive. Maybe not for its gameplay but the place we'd be spending time in. Not that I was against it, I welcomed it.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2019-08-22 at 11:46 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    That's his MO. That, and selective memory to support his narrative.

MoP remained a divisive expansion throughout, up until the very launch of WoD in fact. Only in hindsight after WoD had been out for some time and during Legion, did the cinematic for example start to garner more likes than dislikes.

Glad to say that I wasn't one of those people who only started liking MoP when it became cool to do so.
    There's people that are still going "lolpandas". So much for "ended quickly".

10+ Year Old Account
    Lolpandas is all that needs to be said to explain the hate of Mist. Of course it was fucking divisive. Maybe not for its gameplay but the place we'd be spending time in. Not that I was against it, I welcomed it.
    Well, that and the dailies. Those were pretty much soul crushing, especially in the beginning when most were all blocked behind the same rep.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Well, that and the dailies. Those were pretty much soul crushing, especially in the beginning when most were all blocked behind the same rep.
    Frankly, i think it was a mistake to remove the 25 daily cap. Sure, people would still have complained, but they wouldn't have run themselves ragged trying to do everything.

<snip>

This makes a lot of sense, I forgot about that. They're just the souls of themselves right now. Althought when Sargeras was captured it does seem like they have the power to re-size themselves (and others apparently).

<snip>

My thoughts about that were that the little star-swirlies we saw of them first, when they were still in captivity, those are the actual souls and later when they come to the Seat they are able to take on forms like avatars again, being free and getting back at least some energy. Only their actual "world-bodies" they can't have back, because those would have to grow naturally again, like before and that would take aeons.
    ... unless they have a tree of life too that Eonar can just set up for them to come back to actual life. But I think we would have seen that tree, that has to be huge

Frankly, i think it was a mistake to remove the 25 daily cap. Sure, people would still have complained, but they wouldn't have run themselves ragged trying to do everything.
    MoP's mistake was to put Valor gear behind several Reputations.

You had no idea what slots you would need. You could target a certain reputation for a certain slot, only to have it drop from a raid before you had enough Valor. You had then to rush through other reputation or all your Valor points were useless. Because of that, people felt compelled to raise as many reputation as possible, instead of focusing in one or two at a time. That led to severe burnout, as you not only had to do as many dailies as your time allowed, but also run dungeons/scenarios/raids for the valor points to buy the items.

TO make things even worse, most reputations were gated behind Golden Lotus at launch. YOu had to rush through it in order to do the others, and, while most reputaitons had like 3 to 5 daily associated quests, Golden Lotus had over a dozen you had to do every single day before you could work on the others.

It was a terrible, tiring setup that was fixed in 5.1 by removing gating and speeding up rep gains. But, by then, the damage was already done.
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I've long said that most WoW expansions have one massive collision of good ideas gone wrong that leads to rough experience within the game itself, and dailies were that for MoP.

Lifting the daily cap so people could work on other reps? Great on it's own.
    Giving people different reps to work on, each with it's own items/goals? Great on it's own.
    Adding valor gear to various vendors so you have something to work for? Great on it's own.

Put these three decisions together? You get a system where everyone feels like they have to do all dailies every day and are thus competing for the same mobs, leading to early burnout and lots of frustration throughout the playerbase.