Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    @Fahrad Wagner does this remind you of that ABBA expansion concept we came up with for 8.0?

- - - Updated - - -

Both BfA and Legion were leaked in threads like this one (hypethreads)
    New class: Dancing Queen still makes me chuckle to this day

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I'd like them to do two classes this time around, it would be so sick to see both new Necromancers and Tinkers in dungeons
    About time they do a bigger expansion

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I'd like them to do two classes this time around, it would be so sick to see both new Necromancers and Tinkers in dungeons
    About time they do a bigger expansion
    No. I don't want any new classes. Focus on fixing the current ones, maybe add a new spec here and there. Two would distract away from a class revamp, which is desperately needed.

Though it is very likely we'll see tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    I think this could be legit, people are focusing too much on the Demon Isles bit (could just be the name, and have to do with old lore) and the portal system (which was already foreshadowed by Legion and fits into the Void/Space stuff).
    I think the demon isle could be the twilight dragonflights

I can buy a lot of the stuff in the leak simply Because it fits with the mindset of blizzard

How do you keep people from burning themselves out on content hoping for a titanforged item?? Limit it

The m+ currency system is already in game
    Providing unique armor and gear is the old cm system

Portal system is islands

Wrathion becoming a leader is again something that fits because we see through his journal that he wants to redeem his flight

What better army to defeat the servants of old gods than the Titans equivalent

Allowing players a chance to work towards either power or visual progression

Much less of a reach than anything else we have seen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyMagicc View Post
    No. I don't want any new classes. Focus on fixing the current ones, maybe add a new spec here and there. Two would distract away from a class revamp, which is desperately needed.

Just as likely we will see dragonsworn or dark ranger

5+ Year Old Account
    Most of these leaks are probably true as they've been talking about things blizzard have hinted at all expansion, and trends from past expansions which indicate additions to existing features. These leaks are just a list of logical conclusions based on existing trends.

Most of these leaks are probably true as they've been talking about things blizzard have hinted at all expansion, and trends from past expansions which indicate additions to existing features. These leaks are just a list of logical conclusions based on existing trends.
    Getting something right by chance does not make any leak true.
    For me, a "leak" is only true when it comes from real insider knowledge rather than speculation.
    Whatever...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Just as likely we will see dragonsworn or dark ranger
    Hope that's sarcasm. every bit of evidence points towards either tinkers or necromancers being the next class. I'm on team tinker because it seems a bit more likely to me.

Know what I'd like to see instead of a time skip?

A Time Crash.

The whole fucking timeline collapses in on itself, sort of like a Dragon Break but not quite. This serves as in-universe justification for having simultaneous Warchiefs in Orgrimmar, and non-Bronzes are aware that everything's fucked up.

The new continent is bits and pieces of all the existing continents, smashed and blended into one another in the Nether. Dead characters from across the timeline can be reused here as a second opportunity to either showcase them (such as Lothar) or to unfuck what a waste their narrative was (Garrosh).
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Hope that's sarcasm. every bit of evidence points towards either tinkers or necromancers being the next class. I'm on team tinker because it seems a bit more likely to me.
    What evidence?

There is no evidence yet of any kind of new class, unless one thinks that repeatedly wishing hard in forums is the same thing as evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by allegos View Post
    There is no evidence yet of any kind of new class, unless one thinks that repeatedly wishing hard in forums is the same thing as evidence.
    I mean every other expansion has consistently introduced a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

The current ones are fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The only thing that makes sense currently for WoW is Tinkers.

Voids that need to be filled:

Mail Wearing.
    Ranged + Healer + Tank.
    Uses Ranged Weapons.
    Tech/Engineer type class.

We have all the other archetypes currently in WoW. There is far too much crossover between a DK and a Necromancer.

The only problem is - with where the story is going. I don't see how Tinkers fit into a Void/Death themed expac.
    Yeah, that's been my biggest issue with Tinkers as well...they don't really fit in great with much of anything aside from going to Undermine. The closest idea I've been able to think of where they could perhaps fit is Titan stuff and Titan technology, which could perhaps work with the Void if we have a Titans vs. Old God type setup as the main storyline. But even that feels like a bit of a stretch.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would much prefer 9.0 to skip a new class and compeltely focus on a FULL OVERHAUL of the current class, spec and talent system.

Ion has already admitted that they went too far with pruning. He also says they went to far with spec identity instead of class identity.

The talent system also needs a huge overhaul and the pace at which you receive abilities as you level.
    They can always do both (in Legion they overhauled almost every spec due to artifact weapons and added DHs), and a new class gets most of the general audience more excited than overhauls to existing classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    To my knowledge no 'leak' has mentioned mission tables yet; as if they'd give that up.
    They confirmed at the announcement of BfA Blizzcon there'd be no mission table in BfA, only to go back on it during the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers would have fit in this expansion funnily enough. With all the new "azerite tech" and Mechagon.

Does anyone else find it a bit weird that Rustbolt haven't fixed Mechatorques injuries from 8.1?

I think it would be really disappointing if Tinkers turned out to be "Titan Tech" with all titan themed abilities. I'd much prefer a Gobbo/Gnome themed engineer class.
    Agreed. Tinkers are more fun if we just have them as a fun Goblin/Gnome style "look at this cool gadget" style class rather than shoehorning in a Titan-based reason. And you aren't wrong about them fitting here...if we discovered Mechagon in 8.3 or as part of 9.0, Tinkers would be a solid fit from there.

As for Mekkatorque, I'm not too surprised that he isn't fixed just yet. I mean, we just met these guys in 8.2 and helped them out with their King Mechagon issue...if he's still a block of ice come 9.0, I'll likely find it weird then. In the meantime, I figure they are just cleaning up the mess left by King Mechagon's death.

On a side note...I'd personally be OK with doing a full overhaul of the class/spec/talent system instead of a class if Blizz could somehow do away with the holy trinity. That would open up so many more possibilities (Bards, for instance). My big worry though with that continues to be the fan base...if Blizz announces doing a class revamp as their 9.0 style of class, I suspect it would be looked at as a cop-out similar to how players received the new player models back in WoD. Lots of work, better for the game overall...but people unfortunately tend to go more crazy over new and different things rather than updates to their current things.

5+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone else find it a bit weird that Rustbolt haven't fixed Mechatorques injuries from 8.1?
    It wouldn't surprise me if the Mechagnome AR scenario involves bringing back mekkatorque to prove their allegience or to return the favour of defeating king mechagon (you defeat our evil leader, we save your good leader), maybe in 8.3. That is if they get added.

What evidence?

Tinkers would have fit in this expansion funnily enough. With all the new "azerite tech" and Mechagon.

I think it would be really disappointing if Tinkers turned out to be "Titan Tech" with all titan themed abilities. I'd much prefer a Gobbo/Gnome themed engineer class.

- - - Updated - - -

This.

I would much prefer 9.0 to skip a new class and compeltely focus on a FULL OVERHAUL of the current class, spec and talent system.

Ion has already admitted that they went too far with pruning. He also says they went to far with spec identity instead of class identity.

The talent system also needs a huge overhaul and the pace at which you receive abilities as you level.

- - - Updated - - -

No. They're really not.
    This expansion definitely fit the whole theme for tinker heck the essences could have been the entire spellbook and I think the reason why big gnome daddy hasn't been fixed is because allied race shenanigans

I wish blizzard wasn't afraid of giving players a bunch of buttons... rental abilities is a terrible concept and needs to stop

I think a level squish is part of a solution

1. Make the talents that you get every 15 levels now pop up every 5 levels

2. The abilities can happen every 3rd level

I really want class design that is manageable and isn't super proc based

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    This game needs a world revamp and a level squish ASAP. Any expansion that not includes that will dissapoint me
    Now that Classic is here, just hit the thing with a cleaver. Absolutely rend the active world, content, items, etc, all down to that of a more fresh game. Something fully created by this team and can be fully managed and scaled around.

Instance the old stuff in some "portal of memories" for cheevos and collections and the like.

Ideally they should be straight up making a 2.0, I'll keep saying it, there's only so much you can do with this engine, this codebase and this tangled web of dated assets and numbers that have been run through the grinder a half dozen times.