Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Go back to talking about Retail please. Why have you even entered this thread other than to stir people up?

On topic: The difference in communication and general thoroughness is already like Night and Day. Hey Ion - take some notes champ.
    God is she still here banging on about nonsense still?

Quote Originally Posted by Tente View Post
    C'mon guys and girls, vanilla is not released yet people already start making TBC and Wotlk request ?
    Thats how this community works. The second people know what they are gonna get, the outcry for something else begins. Even before content comes out. New xpac? WHEN IS NEXT PATCH?
    New patch? WHEN IS NEXT PATCH?

Reboot of classic? WHEN IS BC??

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I want to play classic for a few months and enjoy it with my family and friends. I want BC and WOTLK even more.

I realize the problem will be splitting WoW into three or four different WoWs. Some people want to play Classic forever. Some want to re-experience the releases, at least up to WOTLK.

I want to end on WOTLK and happily have done it twice and stop there.

Even Asmongold thinks almost everyone will play 1-3 months and then mostly wait for BC. Fine by me.

Hunters were the hardest thing from Classic to recreate.

Hunters were complicated? wut

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I feel like if they were to make a BC legacy server they would have to change some things in order to make it work better.

By the end of BC, Sunwell PAtch, they removed attunement requirements for dungeons and raids and added the first iteration of "catch-up gear." IMO the only change they would need to make is to keep attunements and not add the catch up gear.This way new players to the server would be able to experience all of the content instead of just jumping straight into T6.
    The only change they would need would be to lock all tuning and attunement and badge gear to 2.1 patch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Hunters were the hardest thing from Classic to recreate.

Hunters were complicated? wut
    Can't you understand the difference between "playing" and "coding" ?

oh yes, BC plz!

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    They seem to be considering TBC being added, which is fine, but I'd keep your expectations low. I've seen nothing from them that they're considering making a "fixed" version of the game alongside retail. This has been a "museum" project, from the beginning, you're talking expanding the dev team for classic, taking budget and manhours from retail - that's a high bar to reach. This has always been "experience the game as it was", not developing two different games.

I don't want to start name calling, but this smacks of just being greedy. You're getting classic. Be happy with that, for now.

- - - Updated - - -

The whole thing is slowly shifting from "OMG can't wait to play classic" to "WE WANT OUR REBOOT". That was never discussed, promised, or even hinted at. But we all know they'll be posting about it.
    I never wanted Classic. i wanted TBC/Wrath. I have no idea wtf you are talking about with "not discussed, promised, or even hinted at". They have on multiple occasions discussed/hinted at doing other expansions if classic is successful.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-08-22 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    If we're doing alternate development then Id like to see them do the original plan for DK. Where you have to turn a character you already have into one.
    That’d be awesome, I’d take it.

Maybe an emerald dream raid too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    So. BC, but not BC?
    Just an alternate development of BC, like a “Warcraft: What if?”.

Like instead of Draenei and blood elves we got different races instead and the lore of WoW gets rewritten, or no new races at all and a new class instead.

So people didn't really want classic then, they want a wow reboot with tbc and wrath. And then what ? eventualy you are playing wod classic and bfa classic.

Classic

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    So people didn't really want classic then, they want a wow reboot with tbc and wrath. And then what ? eventualy you are playing wod classic and bfa classic.
    I think what people really wanted was the mechanics restored to wow classic. Take those mechanics and just don't change them or expand them in their current classic form if anything with new maps and quests. That would be a reboot in sense though, balancing and created stuff that never existed is quite a bit different than recreating an archaic game just cause "nostalgia" I'm not sure how Wow Classic survives long term though. It was boring and grindy in the first place, and with no new content past vanilla? Not really sure what the point of this project is....just my take on it, played since release day, and I honestly don't miss the "experience", I miss the mechanics they ditched on my characters. I think they are missing the point on this endeavor.